Utica North-South Arterial project h...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
cicero

Cortland, NY

#22 Sep 30, 2011
their is zero need for this light and new road extending Lincoln ave ? who would use the ramp and go down this Ave ? the light is useless ? and so is the extension of Lincoln ave ?
Brian

Moravia, NY

#23 Sep 30, 2011
Maybe the solution would be addinng a roundabout to the arterial? We could eliminate all those messy on-ramps and stoplights. A roundabout would be a great idea!
north ramps

Cortland, NY

#24 Oct 1, 2011
all north ramps/and turns are being eliminated the only way to access the "north" arterial is at the end of state street and way over near utica collage and "home dept" it looks like from court street only one turn to go SOUTH on the arterial? but no north bound ramps? these drunks on varick street will have a filed day trying to get home
north ramps

Cortland, NY

#25 Oct 1, 2011
they should have done this plan over Oriskany blvd..take out that repair shop on the corner of state and oriskany blvd. all three of those buildings and make the ramp to varick going and coming and east and west ramps to 5s ?? this plan is a bridge waiting to be spray painted
\
\
Take a closer look

Herkimer, NY

#26 Oct 1, 2011
north ramps wrote:
all north ramps/and turns are being eliminated the only way to access the "north" arterial is at the end of state street and way over near utica collage and "home dept" it looks like from court street only one turn to go SOUTH on the arterial? but no north bound ramps? these drunks on varick street will have a filed day trying to get home
Northbound access is not being eliminated at Burrstone rd, this is explained in previous posts and can clearly be seen in the pdf linked to by the original poster. The northboud access at Court st is being replaced in favor of parking, something "these drunks on varick street" will surely appreciate. Northbound access at Court st would be nice, but a trade-off for more parking is easy to make considering how close and accessible the State st ramp is to Court st.
north ramps

Cortland, NY

#27 Oct 1, 2011
Take a closer look wrote:
<quoted text>
Northbound access is not being eliminated at Burrstone rd, this is explained in previous posts and can clearly be seen in the pdf linked to by the original poster. The northboud access at Court st is being replaced in favor of parking, something "these drunks on varick street" will surely appreciate. Northbound access at Court st would be nice, but a trade-off for more parking is easy to make considering how close and accessible the State st ramp is to Court st.
for parking??? are you kidding me people wont walk that distance ? let alone know the parking is even there ? the parking lot is for brodock press ? this parking is being paid for by the tax payers for another business like the church next to city hall that was paid for by the tax payers and was said to be for city hall but it is clearly for the "bosnian islamic association" of utica church if you want to call it a church? someone/politician must have made a back door deal with the press to get fliers or political signs in return for a bigger parking lot because the tax payers would rather the dot keep it dirt and leave the press with the parking they have ?
north ramps

Cortland, NY

#28 Oct 1, 2011
Brian wrote:
Maybe the solution would be addinng a roundabout to the arterial? We could eliminate all those messy on-ramps and stoplights. A roundabout would be a great idea!
that was in the plan as an option but they said no to it so we gane a roundabout on gennsee street and take away the lights to save power and the put them up somewhere else? tax payers will prob be paying more for these new lights watch when they have art-affects when the dig and the tax payers have to pay again mooree
Gary

Syracuse, NY

#29 Oct 1, 2011
Brian wrote:
If they were to put in another roundabout, they should pay tribute to the mayor with a statue of him in the middle of a fountain. Oh, and the statue would be classier if the mayor were peeing in the fountain. That would be a perfect touch!
not illiterate

United States

#30 Oct 2, 2011
art-affects? I just spit my coffee on my keyboard. Are all Utican'ts as stupid as you, or are you just their leader?
Long Overdue

Rochester, NY

#31 Oct 18, 2011
This project should have been started 5 years ago! Finally they are taking care of a serious issue with Utica and make it a better, friendlier place.
Paul

Syracuse, NY

#32 Oct 18, 2011
The big problem with this is that it won't fix any of the problems. The only way to fix the arterial would be to elevate it. That would eliminate the numerous traffic lights and allow people to cross to and from West Utica without having to worry about crossing four lanes of traffic.
cicero

Cortland, NY

#33 Oct 21, 2011
this whole project/ interchange should be at lafayette st whitesboro st oriskany st 5A blocks and put 3 pedestrian cross walks over north south arterial they are taking the property's at that location already? why not use the space and it would be less $ money to do that? instead of running a bridge from oriskany st route 5a all the way to court street? my plan would save millions
Mark

Syracuse, NY

#34 Oct 21, 2011
It nees to be elevated. If it is not elevated, then anything that is done will not be a significant improvement.
cicero

Cortland, NY

#35 Oct 22, 2011
all the have to do is make every road to the Arterial a right hand turn only block the middle so no cars cross and put 3 pedestrian ramps and have cross traffic at the lafayette st whitesboro st oriskany st 5A to go to varick street its that simple all busy places in citys have ramps at the end or beginning of the streets not running right into the action matts brewing company has the streets blocked off all the time for events why would you want traffic running into a blocked road at the lafayette st whitesboro st they could also put the parking lots there ? and ramps going east and west ? and ramps going north and south the streets over there are wide and useful
great idea

Cortland, NY

#36 Oct 22, 2011
their is no need to put the interchange at court street lafayette st whitesboro st and even Columbia are perfect for the ramps going to the bars and downtown utica blocking all cross traffic in the middle of arterial from east to west over the arterial is smart and putting right turn lanes making cars only have an option to turn right only is fast and easy and saves money ? and the 3 pedestrian bridges is good also because people will try to jump the fence rather then walk to a cross bridge this idea saves money ? and then the police could put cameras up under lafayette st whitesboro st and even Columbia bridge and will see every car moving east to west for criminal investigation use and one on gennesee street at all entry points of utica the less ways to enter and leave is less cameras to monitor
cicero

Fitchburg, MA

#37 Oct 23, 2011
Derp derp derp. Betcha didn't no I was a engineer two!
cicero

Herkimer, NY

#38 Oct 23, 2011
You dint no I have degreis in transpirtaton planing and desine ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gary Talarico 13 min Jason 2
why UNEDUCATED FAILURES LIKE ME NEED APPLE STORE 23 min Lansing Street 12
WHY Utica is a rustbelt poverty hole of FAIL! 26 min Lansing Street 12
Line of protesters by Cavallo's last night 29 min CNN News 7
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 43 min Watching 201
Saratoga residents arrested for burglary, polic... 46 min Lansing Street 17
my CUZ 22yo CHARGED WITH MURDER OF 8YO GIRL AND... 47 min Lansing Street 33
Bella Regina 1 hr disgusting 13
tenney 13 hr THANKS O 79

Utica Jobs