Utica: The Next Detroit

Utica: The Next Detroit

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Truth

New York Mills, NY

#1 Jul 18, 2013
Population Offset

New York Mills, NY

#2 Jul 18, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utica,_New_York

What percent of population is receiving gov't assistance?

What percent of properties are tax exempt or noncollectable?

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/utica-ny/TLBJ...
close Utica

AOL

#3 Jul 18, 2013
I am going to make sure Utica goes down in total bankruptcy and never to get a loan again. All these new places will be out of business. Utica and this entire will not be able to even register on the S&P scale for any type of bond rating and you can thank all those dirtbag Itralians!
Public Servant Heaven

New York Mills, NY

#4 Jul 18, 2013
close Utica wrote:
I am going to make sure Utica goes down in total bankruptcy and never to get a loan again. All these new places will be out of business. Utica and this entire will not be able to even register on the S&P scale for any type of bond rating and you can thank all those dirtbag Itralians!
The DB's that you speak of are the one's who pillaged the city for years with self-enrichment schemes and political patronage jobs to their devoted followers. When the private sector went belly up and the population exodus began, they sought refugees to pad the census numbers and keep Federal assistance. As a result, all they did was expand welfare and social programs further thereby creating more jobs to administer benefits, building prisons while necessitating a need for increased public safety.

The burden of this is falling upon those who have remained here to work and raise families while seeing discretionary incomes and spending falter.

Utica is a Mecca for public sector jobs and entitlement programs. That's probably over 80% of the population combined. The balance of the 20% is supporting the 80%.

This will all crumble in the next 5 years like Detroit. Just watch!
Yup

New York, NY

#5 Jul 18, 2013
Public Servant Heaven wrote:
<quoted text>
The DB's that you speak of are the one's who pillaged the city for years with self-enrichment schemes and political patronage jobs to their devoted followers. When the private sector went belly up and the population exodus began, they sought refugees to pad the census numbers and keep Federal assistance. As a result, all they did was expand welfare and social programs further thereby creating more jobs to administer benefits, building prisons while necessitating a need for increased public safety.
The burden of this is falling upon those who have remained here to work and raise families while seeing discretionary incomes and spending falter.
Utica is a Mecca for public sector jobs and entitlement programs. That's probably over 80% of the population combined. The balance of the 20% is supporting the 80%.
This will all crumble in the next 5 years like Detroit. Just watch!
Couldn't have said it better!
Truth

Herkimer, NY

#6 Jul 18, 2013
Public Servant Heaven wrote:
<quoted text>
The DB's that you speak of are the one's who pillaged the city for years with self-enrichment schemes and political patronage jobs to their devoted followers. When the private sector went belly up and the population exodus began, they sought refugees to pad the census numbers and keep Federal assistance. As a result, all they did was expand welfare and social programs further thereby creating more jobs to administer benefits, building prisons while necessitating a need for increased public safety.
The burden of this is falling upon those who have remained here to work and raise families while seeing discretionary incomes and spending falter.
Utica is a Mecca for public sector jobs and entitlement programs. That's probably over 80% of the population combined. The balance of the 20% is supporting the 80%.
This will all crumble in the next 5 years like Detroit. Just watch!
Perfect description.

Utica, like Detroit, ignores the obvious probelms with public sector over employment year after year. The public sector unions can negotiate whatever they want but when the time comes it won't matter. Just like in Detroit, all contracts will be voided.

A recent report from the NYS Comptroller's office says that Utica for too long has relied on one time infusions of state taxpayer money to put a bandaid on the problem. Like Detroit, simple math will catch up with Utica when the "one time fix well" runs dry. New York is $64 billion in debt so I would have to say that is going to be soon.

Take a look:
http://www.osc.state.ny.us/localgov/pubs/fisc...
facts

Whitesboro, NY

#7 Jul 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Perfect description.

Utica, like Detroit, ignores the obvious probelms with public sector over employment year after year. The public sector unions can negotiate whatever they want but when the time comes it won't matter. Just like in Detroit, all contracts will be voided.

A recent report from the NYS Comptroller's office says that Utica for too long has relied on one time infusions of state taxpayer money to put a bandaid on the problem. Like Detroit, simple math will catch up with Utica when the "one time fix well" runs dry. New York is $64 billion in debt so I would have to say that is going to be soon.

Take a look:
http://www.osc.state.ny.us/localgov/pubs/fisc...
Our political leaders have continued to serve the kool aide to those who embrace it with open arms. The 20% would rather plan to get out than beat their heads against the wall. High paying private sector jobs are long gone! But keep electing your goombah friends and this is what happens!
Lol

Riverside, RI

#8 Jul 18, 2013
I can't wait until the bankrupt city has to dissolve its pensions and of these public safety parasites get what they deserve.
joey

Lowville, NY

#9 Jul 18, 2013
Bunch of dumb german and irish f***s, quit your whining and move.
Yup

New York, NY

#10 Jul 18, 2013
I left years ago and never regretted it.
Bruno Mauricio de Zabala

United States

#11 Jul 18, 2013
You can't compare Utica to Detroit. Utica is a small town, a wide spot in the road with no industry and no hope for a rebirth. No airport. A toll road for transporting goods (the thruway). Why would anyone open a business there?
No Nano 4 Nana

Hialeah, FL

#12 Jul 18, 2013
Bruno Mauricio de Zabala wrote:
You can't compare Utica to Detroit. Utica is a small town, a wide spot in the road with no industry and no hope for a rebirth. No airport. A toll road for transporting goods (the thruway). Why would anyone open a business there?
Unless you sell public safety equipment and costumes you'll starve in oootica. The fat lowlife parasites had it all licked up. Utica so deserves to fail I personally pounded a hew nails in that coffin!
When I was asked for my evaluations I did not hold back and I know I personally helped put a deep severe hole in the hopes there.

Utica deserved it and I'll be getting a chance to do it again soon.
facts

Whitesboro, NY

#13 Jul 18, 2013
People in Utica are too concerned about taking a stand and upsetting the apple cart. Instead, they'll sit back and maintain good neighborly relations just to avoid upsetting the AppleCart with the individuals who are part of the problem. God forbid you do take a stand, you will be retaliated agsinst like no tomorrow. So the safe route is to sit back and pray for the implosion from within. It can't sustain itself more than 5 years. That can has been kicked so far down the road, there's no pavement left!
Gateway To The ADX LOL

Gouverneur, NY

#14 Jul 19, 2013
No Nano 4 Nana wrote:
<quoted text>Unless you sell public safety equipment and costumes you'll starve in oootica. The fat lowlife parasites had it all licked up. Utica so deserves to fail I personally pounded a hew nails in that coffin!
When I was asked for my evaluations I did not hold back and I know I personally helped put a deep severe hole in the hopes there.
Utica deserved it and I'll be getting a chance to do it again soon.
Cretin, you are a true prophet! When you get all cryptic like this my manwhole puckers up and starts twitching in anticipation of your tongue! You are truly a very important person and everybody on Topix knows it!

In awe,
Cliffy
Trim Pubic Job Fat

Hialeah, FL

#15 Jul 19, 2013
Sad public servants with unfunded pensions-
It truly is all they know. I would really like to see them in a negotiation process.

Outsider " I think it's only worth 1.1 million"

Typical utican " well you're a loser and your fat wh ore mother is on welfare so go give a rim job to another black you homo".

Serves em right for being the reason the system went broke. Let the lazy stupid old pubic servant slob job retirees starve fro all A PRODUCER cares.
Truth

Utica, NY

#16 Jul 19, 2013
Bruno Mauricio de Zabala wrote:
You can't compare Utica to Detroit. Utica is a small town, a wide spot in the road with no industry and no hope for a rebirth. No airport. A toll road for transporting goods (the thruway). Why would anyone open a business there?
I guess that would be a great question for the people who own Olive Garden and Bass Pro Shops.

While Utica is smaller than Detroit, the concept is the same. A bloated, selfish, greedy public sector that ignores economic realty. That's both the unions and their willing accomplices, the elected officials who are supposed to represent the interests of the taxpayers.
Gateway To The ADX LOL

Gouverneur, NY

#17 Jul 19, 2013
Trim Pubic Job Fat wrote:
Sad public servants with unfunded pensions-
It truly is all they know. I would really like to see them in a negotiation process.
Outsider " I think it's only worth 1.1 million"
Typical utican " well you're a loser and your fat wh ore mother is on welfare so go give a rim job to another black you homo".
Serves em right for being the reason the system went broke. Let the lazy stupid old pubic servant slob job retirees starve fro all A PRODUCER cares.
Hilarious Cretin! Every time you cut and paste this response it shows these Oooticans how brilliant you truly are! I can't wait to have your face in my azzzz at lunch today!

Cliffy
NOCUOMO

Whitesboro, NY

#18 Jul 19, 2013
How long before there is no other option except bankruptcy?
The fun

Hialeah, FL

#19 Jul 19, 2013
Not soon enough! I can't WAIT until the shzt hits the fan there!
Truth

Utica, NY

#20 Jul 19, 2013
NOCUOMO wrote:
How long before there is no other option except bankruptcy?
There is a maximum amount that Utica can borrow(bond). They are currently at about 55% of that limit. As the years roll on and as the tax base shrinks, Utica will find that it has to borrow more and more to cover the cost of the bloated government and union contracts they've created. New York State will no longer be able to supply the emergency infusions of cash because the state is going broke due to a shrinking tax base as well. That is the breaking point and it's just a matter of time before simple math catches up with the City of Utica.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Claudia Tenney BLASTS scam Dem/RINO hospital plan! 5 min FACT 34
MV HS Gaining popularity and ALL wants the HOSP... 9 min SOI 14
Barbara Bush funeral 11 min Whatta guy 1
Cuomo Giving Felons Right To Vote 13 min Ex Dem 18
Why Does Trump Lie So Much? 14 min U bitter loser 36
Free Cupcakes At Bite Bakery 18 min Dag 3
New Hartford ny developments & Utica 20 min Well 8
NH SAT Scores 5 hr Yep 53
Golf in Upstate NY 14 hr Corey D 14

Utica Jobs

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages