upd living in utica
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jones

Albany, NY

#1 Apr 15, 2008
I feel that Officer Grandi and the other guy should be removed from the payrole at the city of utica. They knew going in that they had to reside in utica and that cockey josh grandy decided he was above the rules either move to utica or quit the force
Joke

Geneva, NY

#2 Apr 16, 2008
You have any idea how hard it is to live in a City that you're a COP in ? You go to the grocery store with your kids and you ALWAYS, I mean ALWAYS see some idiot you locked up. You just hope he doesnt recognize you. Should your kid have to put up with that crap ? How about raking your front lawn and some degenerate happens to be driving by and slows down and stares at you. Now he knows where you live. Super. COPs aren't just regular citizens, they deal with the dregs of society so YOU dont have to. You people who think cops should have to live in the city either dont know a COP or are too stupid to make an itelligent, rational thought.
flowers

AOL

#3 Apr 16, 2008
Joke wrote:
You have any idea how hard it is to live in a City that you're a COP in ? You go to the grocery store with your kids and you ALWAYS, I mean ALWAYS see some idiot you locked up. You just hope he doesnt recognize you. Should your kid have to put up with that crap ? How about raking your front lawn and some degenerate happens to be driving by and slows down and stares at you. Now he knows where you live. Super. COPs aren't just regular citizens, they deal with the dregs of society so YOU dont have to. You people who think cops should have to live in the city either dont know a COP or are too stupid to make an itelligent, rational thought.
that argument is ridulous, truly without merit. A Utica cop might face off with someone they gave a parking ticket to. Does this writer think by living in New Hartford they would avoid a drug dealer they may have arrested ....New Hartford is where all the stores are..Walmart, the Mall..come on. LIve in the city or give up your job
kamikaze

Syracuse, NY

#4 Apr 16, 2008
Joke wrote:
I've heard some lame bullshit but this takes the cake, where the f--k is your brain, it must be lost, take some time and start looking for it.
Just asking

New York, NY

#5 Apr 16, 2008
I must agree with Kamikaze. If you follow Joke's reasoning, all DA's and judges should be living in caves in siberia, or at least in a different county. I see plenty of judges and da's showing their faces all around town as I am sure other people do. Even arcuri is always running in south utica, and was doing so when he was DA. So what is so special about a police officer that he can't live in the same city he patrols. What about other police departments, ie. new hartford, kirkland. If a cop is going to be nervous/uncomfortable that he might run into the riff-raff he has arrested he has no business being a cop.
flowers

AOL

#6 Apr 16, 2008
Joke wrote:
You know, the more I read this, the angrier I get. Just who the hell do you guys think you are, super cops, better than everyone else. We have to live in Utica, our families live in utica next to drug dealers. If you don't like your job you can quit, we still have to have these people in our neighborhoods and so should you. It should be a great motivation to get the bad guys out of here.
H2O Ville

United States

#7 Apr 16, 2008
flowers wrote:
<quoted text>You know, the more I read this, the angrier I get. Just who the hell do you guys think you are, super cops, better than everyone else. We have to live in Utica, our families live in utica next to drug dealers. If you don't like your job you can quit, we still have to have these people in our neighborhoods and so should you. It should be a great motivation to get the bad guys out of here.
You are a Melon Head
Flounder

New York, NY

#8 Apr 16, 2008
flowers wrote:
<quoted text>You know, the more I read this, the angrier I get. Just who the hell do you guys think you are, super cops, better than everyone else. We have to live in Utica, our families live in utica next to drug dealers. If you don't like your job you can quit, we still have to have these people in our neighborhoods and so should you. It should be a great motivation to get the bad guys out of here.
Don't judge all the cops by this one goofs statement. Many, many UPD Officers live in this City not because they have to but because they want to. This other statement is ridiculous. You can run in to someone that you've locked up anywhere. Remember drug dealers and scumbags have vehicles and can and do travel outside the City of Utica.
H2O Ville

United States

#9 Apr 16, 2008
I am sooo glad that there is absolutely NO DRUGS IN NEW HARTFORD NY.
Clinton too, or even Westmoreland. These are Utopia like places to live and raise your family. Everyone should move to one of these places fast. Isn't it gr8 how all the drugs are only in Utica NY! This way we can encapsulate the problem and control the thugs that exist NEAR us.
flowers

AOL

#10 Apr 16, 2008
Flounder wrote:
<quoted text>Don't judge all the cops by this one goofs statement. Many, many UPD Officers live in this City not because they have to but because they want to. This other statement is ridiculous. You can run in to someone that you've locked up anywhere. Remember drug dealers and scumbags have vehicles and can and do travel outside the City of Utica.
Point well taken, please accept my apologies for the GREAT guys like you who really care.
Sergeant Slaughter

Potsdam, NY

#11 Apr 16, 2008
Joke wrote:
Just think if you had more cops living in the city they could all band together. All city employees should reside in the city. It creates pride. Just because you don't live in the city don't try to justify your wrong doings
Sergeant Slaughter

Potsdam, NY

#12 Apr 16, 2008
Point: Police Officers hired after 2004 signed a contract stating they must live in the city. Upon signing the contract they did not debate it or challenge the contract, they signed it because they wanted to be cops.

Point: After getting the job,$10,000 in training and certifications they waited a little and left.

Point: they violated the terms and con ditions of the contract.

Point: Shouldn't they brought up these issues before siging the contract. Don't we all ready the small, fine paragraph on the bottom.

Come on they violated the contract. In any other industry private or government they would be forced to moved back or be terminated.
Blindfolded

Malone, NY

#13 Apr 16, 2008
You people just don't get it. It isn't even worth posting explanations on here, because people will never get it.
Sgt Slapper

Malone, NY

#14 Apr 16, 2008
Sergeant Slaughter wrote:
Point: Police Officers hired after 2004 signed a contract stating they must live in the city. Upon signing the contract they did not debate it or challenge the contract, they signed it because they wanted to be cops.
Point: After getting the job,$10,000 in training and certifications they waited a little and left.
Point: they violated the terms and con ditions of the contract.
Point: Shouldn't they brought up these issues before siging the contract. Don't we all ready the small, fine paragraph on the bottom.
Come on they violated the contract. In any other industry private or government they would be forced to moved back or be terminated.
Maybe they contract looked like the jibberish you posted and they couldn't understand it.
Sgt Slapper

Malone, NY

#15 Apr 16, 2008
LOLOLOLOL

Correction: Maybe the (not they) contract looked like the jibberish you posted and they couldn't understand it.
Poor Poor Jack

New York, NY

#16 Apr 16, 2008
I think a cop, no matter how professional and dedicated, is going to have a little more incentive and a little more pride in knocking down the scum and keeping things clean in the city, if he/she and their family reside in it.

Oh, and Jack, just to get it out of the way now after you retardply to this....shut the fk up.
Agree

AOL

#17 Apr 16, 2008
Joke wrote:
excellent post!
My Point

AOL

#19 Apr 17, 2008
Then anyone on the civil service list should be offered the UPD job. The top paragraph states that upon hiring, the candidate has SIX MONTHS to move to the city! So, give the ppl that want soo bad to become UPD a CHANCE to take the job & move here!

Please don't assume that just b/c an applicant doesn't live here right now that the person won't move here. MANY will! Give them a chance!
Utica6

Jersey City, NJ

#20 Apr 18, 2008
They do give non-residents chances. That is why they are able to take the test. What about the people who already live in Utica that want to be on UPD?
flowers

AOL

#21 Apr 18, 2008
if they dont' know how to read a contract then how are they going to read and understand the laws they are supposed to uphold. Ignorance is no excuse

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Women Who Use Sex 2 Control Men (Mar '12) 8 min serious 27
arm wrestling (Jul '09) 2 hr Jimmy 24
david sweat and punishment 3 hr Lib railed 8
Whitesboro Fire Department 3 hr nick 9
Where are there any good fishing spots in Utica... 4 hr bait 9
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 4 hr Honest Babe 5,957
tallman's tires 4 hr whats the deal 1
Another home invasion 5 hr New Hartford 6
people that call the cops for fireworks!!!! (Jul '09) 14 hr Ugh 43
Utica 4th of July fireworks - Epic Fail 15 hr hmm 6