“And then I met at a coffee shop with...

“And then I met at a coffee shop with John Dote – alone,” -Johnson

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dazzle

Utica, NY

#1 Sep 11, 2011
When running for state Assembly last year, Greg Johnson met with Oneida County Independence Party Chairman John Dote.
Johnson, a Republican from Marcy, also screened in front of a committee of four or five people – not including Dote – before receiving the party’s nomination, he said.
“And then this year, I met at a coffee shop with John Dote – alone,” Johnson said.
Dozens of candidates will be on the Independence Party line in elections this year in Oneida County, but there have been questions about the nomination process used in two of the highest profile local races: the Assembly and the Utica mayoral races.
The Independence Party chose Republican Robert Cardillo in the mayoral race, and some other candidates said that before the screening they already had heard that Cardillo was a lock for the nomination.
Johnson, a retired pilot, challenges attorney Anthony Brindisi, a Democrat from Utica, Tuesday for the vacant 116th District state Assembly seat. Following the meeting with Dote, Johnson thought the screening process wasn’t over yet, but then he received a call informing him that Brindisi got the nomination, he said.
Dote, who faces charges that he stole $60,000 in political donations, said he was part of a three-person committee established for the Assembly nomination this year.
“I met with both candidates in a coffee shop, and the reason I voted for Brindisi is simple: The job of a legislator is to form bills that become law,” Dote said.“With that being said, which would you pick – a pilot or a lawyer? I don’t really think that's a brain buster. Qualifications – isn't that what it is about?”
‘The process’
Brindisi wouldn’t comment about any details of the screening other than to say it was an open process and that Johnson should stop whining about not getting the nomination.
Whitesboro resident Luke Colenzo, the secretary for the county party, said he met with Brindisi as part of a screening committee but didn’t meet with Johnson and wasn’t aware of whether Johnson requested to be screened.
Brindisi is a partner in the Brindisi, Murad, Brindisi, Pearlman, Julian and Pertz law firm, which has donated $1,750 to the local Independence Party committee – including a $250 contribution on April 18, according to state Board of Elections records.
Firm attorney Robert Julian contributed $1,000 to the local Independence Party committee July 14, according to elections records. Julian also has said he represents Patricia Anken-Koons, who is the local party’s vice chairwoman.
Brindisi wouldn’t comment on whether he thinks the contributions or Julian’s connection to the party had anything to do with him getting the nomination.
“I followed the process, and I received the nomination,” Brindisi said.
‘A done deal’
In May, a panel – not including Dote – screened four Utica mayoral candidates: Cardillo, Republican Michael Cerminaro, Democrat Robert Palmieri and Mayor David Roefaro, a Democrat who isn’t running for re-election.
Cerminaro, who faces Cardillo in a Republican primary Tuesday, said he asked Dote prior to the screening where to send in his letter requesting to be screened.
“He alluded to the fact that it’s already a done deal as far as Cardillo getting the endorsement,” Cerminaro said.
Palmieri also said he was hearing rumblings before the screening that it was “a done deal” and that he shouldn’t even bother.
The candidates said the actual screening process included answering questions and talking about their platforms.
“As far as I’m concerned, the process was open,” Cardillo said.
Cardillo contributed $550 to the local Independence Party committee prior to the screening, and the Friends of Bob Cardillo contributed $265 following the screening, according to elections records.
Cardillo said he doesn’t believe his contributions played a role in why he got the nomination.
Dote said he was only involved with deciding the Assembly nomination this year.
Lt Tragg

Whitesboro, NY

#2 Sep 12, 2011
=== Dote said.“With that being said, which would you pick – a pilot or a lawyer? I don’t really think that's a brain buster. Qualifications – isn't that what it is about?”===

Now THATS funny. Dote, soon to get justice at the hands of a jury, says qualifications of a lawyer are better than that of an airline captain. And maybe, just MAYBE too many lawyers in politics are what fooked up this country and state already!!

REALLY? An ambulance chaser over somebody charged with a the lives of a few hundred people at a clip?

REALLY? Qualifications? A guy whose best skills were limited to mixing hardener with bondo plastic to fill in body dents talks about QUALIFICATIONS???

DOTE .... makes me vomit. He is an example of yet another cancer in the political system. RETCH.

And if he thinks giving a Democrat the IP endorsement is going to make life easier for him when he goes on trial, well, we'll be watching that one too. IF he gets a a walk, the DA will suffer in the court of public opinion over it.

DOTE, where is Sgt Schultz when we need him? He knows you better than anybody else here. Schultz, earth to Sgt Schultz, check in and comment. I always enjoyed your comments before about "Herr Dote."
disgusted

Utica, NY

#3 Sep 12, 2011
ok,lets be honest.Doty is backing Brindisi for the same reason that Griffo,Picente,Destito,LaPolla etc etc etc is backing Brindisi - BECAUSE HE'S ITALIAN PERIOD !!! Lets quit the horseshit here they all back each other regardless of qualifications / experience / honestly / party or anything. I'm sick of this shit - I'M VOTING FOR JOHNSON !
Secret Agent Man

Rome, NY

#4 Sep 12, 2011
Whitesboro resident Luke Colenzo,Patricia Anken-Koons, who is the local party’s vice chairwoman and John, Three Stooges could not be better than this.

Patty was his squeeze (and the party treasurer-she needs a lawyer) and Luke got his job at the court through John, and he would take John down in a minute if he could. Luke, always running his mouth about the judges in his pocket, ah the endorsement process.

Easiest wa is to NOT vote for anyone with the IP endorsement. Wat a disappointment that party has become.
Lt Tragg

Whitesboro, NY

#5 Sep 12, 2011
=== Easiest way is to NOT vote for anyone with the IP endorsement. What a disappointment that party has become.===

Amen, brother. Right now the IP endorsement is the kiss of death as long as DoTe is still involved in any fashion.

Oh, the day of reckoning is drawing closer! Get ready to pop the corks on the bottles of champagne on the day the Judge says "Will the defendant please rise."
really

Camillus, NY

#6 Sep 12, 2011
I aggree. Don't vote for anyone on that line!
freebie the bean

Syracuse, NY

#7 Sep 12, 2011
John Dote is a walking disease. I hope when he goes to trial, which will be after the fall elections, he gets his ass sent to jail. He's yootica's version of Joe Pesci...a goodfellow wannabe. You can actually see the vermin crawling all over his nasty ass.
what the beep

Utica, NY

#8 Sep 12, 2011
Is he or was he, married to a Pamela Johnson?
Is It True

Utica, NY

#9 Sep 12, 2011
freebie the bean wrote:
John Dote is a walking disease. I hope when he goes to trial, which will be after the fall elections, he gets his ass sent to jail. He's yootica's version of Joe Pesci...a goodfellow wannabe. You can actually see the vermin crawling all over his nasty ass.
Some waiter over at Grimaldi's said he heard John Dote was the new owner there.

“I know nothing!”

Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Luft Stalag 13

#10 Sep 19, 2011
Achtober, Achtober, der month zat Herr Dote ist der Mann of zee jahr!

Ach, Herr Dote, vhat vill you being doing mit der stylictische chrome bracelets in der newspaper photo?

Und how vill you be running der Independence Parti from YAIL?(YAIL! Get it. not YALE but YAIL !!!)

'Weidersehen fur now.

Achtober, Achtober .... Hoy Hoy Hoy!
Lt Tragg

Whitesboro, NY

#11 Sep 20, 2011
Sgt Schultz, welcome back! We missed you. Keep us up to date on the underlord.
colenzoluke

AOL

#12 Sep 20, 2011
Wait until I get the party. Patty and I will clean up, I mean clean it up, yea, clean it up.

Got to get a few more judges in my pocket so I can give up this court gig
A true Independent

Lowville, NY

#13 Sep 20, 2011
really wrote:
I agree. Don't vote for anyone on that line!
Anyone who got the line this year should not be voted for. Send Dote a message no votes on the Independance line.

“I know nothing!”

Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Luft Stalag 13

#14 Oct 12, 2011
Oh, ho ho ho ho ho!!!

Oktober ist here und der Dote Bondo unterlord hast pleaded GUILTY (that's SHULDIG in Deutsch, Yon baby)to 10 counts. 17 more counts go avay mit der plea deal!

Couldn't risk more, eh Yonny? Der state prison in Auburn, zey vould luv to get zher hands on a fish like YOU!

Und tell him vat he's won, Dink!

Yon, du hast won 6 months in der luxurious OC HOTEL (aka der jail) mit Sherriff Rob und his jailers! Maybe zey give you the LARRY TANOURY SR memorial cell!!

Und zen you get another 5 years (FUNF JAHRE !!!) of der monthly meetings mit eiin probation offizer!

Oh hoy hoy hoy !! Ach du lieber Yonny, you stuck your dingus in der hole mit der stingers und finally got schtung !!!!

Und NO MORE SHAKING DOWN der local politizens for a 20 oder 50 vhen you get out!!!

Oktober! Yust before der elections!! HOY HOY HOY !!!
yay

Rome, NY

#15 Oct 13, 2011
Sergeant Schultz wrote:
Oh, ho ho ho ho ho!!!
Oktober ist here und der Dote Bondo unterlord hast pleaded GUILTY (that's SHULDIG in Deutsch, Yon baby)to 10 counts. 17 more counts go avay mit der plea deal!
Couldn't risk more, eh Yonny? Der state prison in Auburn, zey vould luv to get zher hands on a fish like YOU!
Und tell him vat he's won, Dink!
Yon, du hast won 6 months in der luxurious OC HOTEL (aka der jail) mit Sherriff Rob und his jailers! Maybe zey give you the LARRY TANOURY SR memorial cell!!
Und zen you get another 5 years (FUNF JAHRE !!!) of der monthly meetings mit eiin probation offizer!
Oh hoy hoy hoy !! Ach du lieber Yonny, you stuck your dingus in der hole mit der stingers und finally got schtung !!!!
Und NO MORE SHAKING DOWN der local politizens for a 20 oder 50 vhen you get out!!!
Oktober! Yust before der elections!! HOY HOY HOY !!!
Hey now, a little charity here. John has a bad tooth and that kept him from testifying. You will get the full story after he writes his life story "I'm John Dote and your not"

Look for it in stores in about March 2012. There may even be a film in the works.
dragnet

Sherburne, NY

#16 Oct 14, 2011
Is It True wrote:
<quoted text>Some waiter over at Grimaldi's said he heard John Dote was the new owner there.
YEA SURE! LOLOLOL, HE DON'T HAVE A POT TO PISS IN OR A WINDOW TO THROW IT OUT OF!(UNLESS ITS OTHER PEOPLES MONEY!)

“I know nothing!”

Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Luft Stalag 13

#17 Oct 14, 2011
Ach, Schultzie has plenty of charity! Vhy yust two or three veeks ago I sent some money to der Jadwick charity upstairs from der Blue Moon massage parlor und funeral home! Und look, my 6,22Euro vere enough to keep him open!

But nicht any CHARITY fur der secret agent investigator bondo unterlord DoTe!!!

This lowlife is nothing more than a skidmark on a new pack of Hanes unterkleider. If the vorld vas a tuxedo, he'd be a pair of brown shoes.

Schultzie gets the last laugh on DoTe und it is von hell of a laugh. Der Katolische altar boy vill be kneeling again!! Und he von't be sent home until der 6 months are up! Vell, mit gut time, maybe 4 or 5 months!

Oh hoy hoy hoy hoy!! AUF WIEDERSEHEN YONNY!
mis informed

Rome, NY

#18 Oct 14, 2011
Secret Agent Man wrote:
Whitesboro resident Luke Colenzo,Patricia Anken-Koons, who is the local party’s vice chairwoman and John, Three Stooges could not be better than this.
Patty was his squeeze (and the party treasurer-she needs a lawyer) and Luke got his job at the court through John, and he would take John down in a minute if he could. Luke, always running his mouth about the judges in his pocket, ah the endorsement process.
Easiest wa is to NOT vote for anyone with the IP endorsement. Wat a disappointment that party has become.
Actually Patty is with the Oneida COunty Chairmans Club (cheif check writer) The Oneida County IP Committee has been in neutral sine Patty, John and Luke came up with the Chairmans Club scheme.

I hear the original IP committee is going to reform and get this filthy mess cleaned up.
mis informed

Rome, NY

#19 Oct 14, 2011
Sergeant Schultz wrote:
Ach, Schultzie has plenty of charity! Vhy yust two or three veeks ago I sent some money to der Jadwick charity upstairs from der Blue Moon massage parlor und funeral home! Und look, my 6,22Euro vere enough to keep him open!
But nicht any CHARITY fur der secret agent investigator bondo unterlord DoTe!!!
This lowlife is nothing more than a skidmark on a new pack of Hanes unterkleider. If the vorld vas a tuxedo, he'd be a pair of brown shoes.
Schultzie gets the last laugh on DoTe und it is von hell of a laugh. Der Katolische altar boy vill be kneeling again!! Und he von't be sent home until der 6 months are up! Vell, mit gut time, maybe 4 or 5 months!
Oh hoy hoy hoy hoy!! AUF WIEDERSEHEN YONNY!
Herr Sarge:

Does John come out a better man? 6 months, no smoking-better cloths-he will get fed and his teeth will be fixed. He has had that same abcess for years. Remember it took hold just about the time he was arrested for posing as a PI without a license.

Now he could barely speak in court, the county will fix those teeth. He thinks he is going onto jail like a mafia Don, will be running the place soon. Going to back some kid running for prisoners council for equality.

Yup, 6 months a leaner, meaner, stronger John.
Hmmmm

Rome, NY

#20 Oct 14, 2011
John Dote is at the Brindisi Firm daily.They also have working as experts Dr.Boehm and Dr.Gableman. You remember those guys.Calling all lowlifes!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Most over and under rated restaurants...a poll 49 min Willy Wonka 34
David Smith, 51 1 hr KingAndrewCuomo 6
Why is DA McNamara's office investigated for co... 1 hr KingAndrewCuomo 38
WHICH Assistant DA RESIGNIED over Utica Court W... 1 hr KingAndrewCuomo 11
Hillary Clinton - No good for America Shouldn't... 2 hr CNY Independent 3
Why was Louis Brindisi charged with harassment ... 5 hr Louis is a scumbag 20
Dems Life is Good! 6 hr Hypocrit 7

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages