Stanley Theater what a waste
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mick

Springfield, NJ

#21 May 26, 2014
Seeing these posts has not only reduced my IQ by five, but led me to think: why can't we have more in house productions at the stanley? As in, auditioned, rehearsed, and performed there? I know many who'd claw for more opportunities to be on stage, and many more who'd pay to see things like Les mis, the music man, little shop of horrors and the like performed live.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#22 May 26, 2014
ohyeah wrote:
with donna donovan on the board, it's easy to see why it's down the drain-just like she sunk the paper, she finished off the stanley. she was so 'essential' at the od that they never replaced her after she 'retired'....she was undoubtedly asked to leave or take a transfer or a demotion. good riddance in any case to a fat, bald, ugly hate monger.
So true.
Because

Lowville, NY

#23 Jul 21, 2014
Mick wrote:
Seeing these posts has not only reduced my IQ by five, but led me to think: why can't we have more in house productions at the stanley? As in, auditioned, rehearsed, and performed there? I know many who'd claw for more opportunities to be on stage, and many more who'd pay to see things like Les mis, the music man, little shop of horrors and the like performed live.
The stage is unionized so if anyone wants to perform on it they have to pay the union to do so. The Broadway Theater League actually has nothing to do with the Stanley they just rent the facility for space. For everyone that wanted a big act....they can't afford the start up money and no bank will loan out to them because they are so deeply in debt. The pricing is done by the Executive Director so if prices are high there is one person to blame. The issue is no one truly cares about the success of the facility as much as sticking their name on something pretty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Hartford Baskets 12 min SUCK UP 28
Melanie Grzesik Crack and Heroin (Jan '17) 25 min Tom 10
Pushy Policeman 40 min arch stanton 7
Comets Suck Again... 51 min notbuyingit 6
moore pulls ahead 1 hr Hockey Reality 15
Par 1 hr Union needs to be... 78
Adrianna Out of Control 1 hr Thank god 11
UPD pushed Bosnian to the ground 13 hr UPD Old School 30
Unstable Fire Marshall 14 hr Tito 67
12 north sports bar 14 hr Old V baller 28