Stillwondering

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

I have a feeling this thread will get removed quick, but hope someone can help me. I was 19 years old and a virgin in the mid 70's. I was acquaintance raped by a man several years older than me they used to call "Willie". This guy hung out at McGuirls in E. Utica. This guy was big an looked like a Lumberjack. He had a reddish brown beard and mustache and used to hang out with a couple of guys F.B. and T.M. who had an apartment at Hillside Gardens. That's where it happened. We were playing a drinking game and I passed out. The next thing I remember, he was on top of me. I told him no and that I was a virgin but he persisted. I was traumatized for years but told no one. Unfortunately, back in the day, you didn't report rapes for fear of reprisal and shame. I just wanted to find out if he did this to anyone else, or if anyone knew what became of him. I think the closure would help. It's not just something you forget about. Also maybe others with similar experiences might feel better reading this and knowing that it happened to someone else. Also feel free to share your story if something similar happened to you. Know that you have emotional support from someone who understands.
hank hill

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

If you know his full name you could check the perv registry or the dept of corrections website and see if he has a record on there.

I'm sorry for what you went through and will continue to go through, did you eventually get some help?
Stillwondering

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

hank hill wrote:
If you know his full name you could check the perv registry or the dept of corrections website and see if he has a record on there.
I'm sorry for what you went through and will continue to go through, did you eventually get some help?
Thank you for your kind thoughts Hank. I do know his full name, but did not want to disclose it on such a public forum. I tried to find him at both places you suggested, unfortunately he has a very common name and I lost track of him after the incident anyway. I did get help, but unfortunately it was a number of years later, and my life has never been the same. Please folks, don't ever let your daughters feel that they can't come to you for fear of punishment or judgement.
Willie

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

I'm doing great thanks for asking.

Ps thanks for the good time!
hank hill

Norwalk, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Willie wrote:
I'm doing great thanks for asking.
Ps thanks for the good time!
Dude, why be such an ass? Hope you never have this happen to someone you care about.

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Stillwondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your kind thoughts Hank. I do know his full name, but did not want to disclose it on such a public forum. I tried to find him at both places you suggested, unfortunately he has a very common name and I lost track of him after the incident anyway. I did get help, but unfortunately it was a number of years later, and my life has never been the same. Please folks, don't ever let your daughters feel that they can't come to you for fear of punishment or judgement.
Very sorry to hear this and all of the best for you moving forward.
eastutica

Broad Brook, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

sounds like a line of bullsh;t you must have nothing better too do with your time ,so wile you and your friends sitting around doing blunts or whatever you decide too play around on topix enjoy yourselfs the brood that hang around here will figure out you are full of shit and let you know about it
hank hill

Norwalk, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very sorry to hear this and all of the best for you moving forward.
dude, I had a feeling you werent a total douche...so glad to hear this!
Stillwondering

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

eastutica wrote:
sounds like a line of bullsh;t you must have nothing better too do with your time ,so wile you and your friends sitting around doing blunts or whatever you decide too play around on topix enjoy yourselfs the brood that hang around here will figure out you are full of shit and let you know about it
Hope you don't have daughters. It's ignorant pigs like you that rape and think it's okay. If you were around in the 70's I'm sure you probably engaged in similar behaviors. Hope you didn't hand down your disrespect of women to your children. You may be looking at their pictures on the sex offenders registry down the road. As for your smoking blunts comment, etc., I don't know where that came from. Some of us work for a living and live clean lives. From your comments, I would believe those comments were more relevant for individuals like you. Don't know why I wasted my time replying to such nonsense and getting upset over blatant ignorance and cruelty. Have a nice day.
it was the garramones

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

they are the real culprits
eastutica

Derby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Stillwondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you don't have daughters. It's ignorant pigs like you that rape and think it's okay. If you were around in the 70's I'm sure you probably engaged in similar behaviors. Hope you didn't hand down your disrespect of women to your children. You may be looking at their pictures on the sex offenders registry down the road. As for your smoking blunts comment, etc., I don't know where that came from. Some of us work for a living and live clean lives. From your comments, I would believe those comments were more relevant for individuals like you. Don't know why I wasted my time replying to such nonsense and getting upset over blatant ignorance and cruelty. Have a nice day.

have a nicd day yourelf i still think you made up the bullshit story only yoo see how many respones you will get .I grew up in the eatside in the 70s no one fit that discription andas far as not reporting it again bullshit .the police were verry efficve about crimes like that and dillegently handled it so did rufie
LOL

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Rape is really funny + a good time
eastutica

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

LOL wrote:
Rape is really funny + a good time

Rape is not funny or a good time unless you are a sick lonley unattractive pervert with no life hell bent on disrtoying someones life by robbing them of ther security and self worlth you prick
1001 ways the nut dies

Clinton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

spoken like a true psycho
Stillwondering

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

eastutica wrote:
<quoted text>
have a nicd day yourelf i still think you made up the bullshit story only yoo see how many respones you will get .I grew up in the eatside in the 70s no one fit that discription andas far as not reporting it again bullshit .the police were verry efficve about crimes like that and dillegently handled it so did rufie
I wish that I had made it up. Joanne Pecheone was one of my best friends and was murdered by a rapist when we were in High School. I wouldn't make up a story like that. I don't know if you understand what it was like to be a girl and grow up in a very strict Catholic family in those days. I got beat for looking at my parents wrong. My parents would have called me a slut and blamed ME if I reported it, even though I did not live home at the time. They would have been disgraced in front of their friends to have such an awful child! How could they go to Church on Sunday and face all of their friends? As for Rufie, I wish he was my Father. I could have gone to him and he would have taken care of the bastard for sure. This guy was not from East Utica, just hung out with East Utica guys who moved to Hillside. I'm sorry. I thought I made that clear. I can tell you're a decent person because of the comment you made before. You understand what such a violation does to a person, and I thank you for that. God Bless.
hank hill

Shelbyville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Stillwondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish that I had made it up. Joanne Pecheone was one of my best friends and was murdered by a rapist when we were in High School. I wouldn't make up a story like that. I don't know if you understand what it was like to be a girl and grow up in a very strict Catholic family in those days. I got beat for looking at my parents wrong. My parents would have called me a slut and blamed ME if I reported it, even though I did not live home at the time. They would have been disgraced in front of their friends to have such an awful child! How could they go to Church on Sunday and face all of their friends? As for Rufie, I wish he was my Father. I could have gone to him and he would have taken care of the bastard for sure. This guy was not from East Utica, just hung out with East Utica guys who moved to Hillside. I'm sorry. I thought I made that clear. I can tell you're a decent person because of the comment you made before. You understand what such a violation does to a person, and I thank you for that. God Bless.
you don't need to explain yourself or your situation to this piece of crap.
eastutica

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

hank hill wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't need to explain yourself or your situation to this piece of crap.
Well hank before you call me a piece of crap you no life dumbass read between the lines this so called victim changed the story to fit the situation after a responce so back the f,,k off and dont play your bullsh,t games with me so that being said you are dismissed
hank hill

Candler, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

eastutica wrote:
<quoted text>Well hank before you call me a piece of crap you no life dumbass read between the lines this so called victim changed the story to fit the situation after a responce so back the f,,k off and dont play your bullsh,t games with me so that being said you are dismissed
ok, I didn't notice where the story changed but if thats the case I apologize.
eastutica

Agawam, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

hank hill wrote:
<quoted text>
ok, I didn't notice where the story changed but if thats the case I apologize.
thats ok hank u are a good man see yu around the campus
hank hill

Cumming, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

eastutica wrote:
<quoted text>thats ok hank u are a good man see yu around the campus
not a man but point taken...see ya

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whites IN PLAYBOY HOME GIRLS IN NATIONAL GEOGR... 8 min groggerknucckdrag 3
THREE men WHO HAVE 78 KIDS WITH 46 WOMEN AN TAX... 9 min groggerknucckdrag 14
Utica is gone.There is no choice for Mayor (Jul '11) 10 min Mayor Palmieri 5
WHO has PANTYHOSE ON SALE OR A GOOD AIRTIGHT BAG 11 min groggerknucckdrag 2
Police out of control again! (Jul '11) 12 min True 11
Good place to buy pot 14 min Mr Poopy Drawers 1
Marlene Brown and the Children's Museum (Feb '13) 16 min Utica 76
half moon cookies origin (Oct '11) 1 hr n utica kiwanian 24
Wegmans on the move 1 hr TheKel 9
Utica & Oneida County's Hotel Scam 1 hr Yeah Ok 15