Walmart's Cashier Behavor

Walmart's Cashier Behavor

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tracy

Lowville, NY

#2 Jan 25, 2012
I'm glad you stood up for yourself. No excuse for that behavior!!
actually

Rome, NY

#3 Jan 25, 2012
she wasn't really "standing".....
lol

Central Square, NY

#4 Jan 25, 2012
Disabled Lady wrote:
Today, I complained to a Manager for the way I was treated by a newly hired black casher because of her lack of manners, compassion, and against store policy.
Whenever I shop at Walmart, I always try and use one of their electric sit down carts as I can not walk very well. Any time I have ever gone thru a Cashier's line, the Cashier has always loaded up my groceries in my cart without me even asking for this help.
Today, I went grocery shopping with my daughter and 2 year old grandson that were behind me. When my order had been completed and the cashier made no attempt to load them into my cart, I asked her if she would do that for me. All I got was an empty stare! Then, I said "Isn't that part of your job?" - again, another empty stare!!! Then, along comes another black "friend" who makes sure that everyone in the store could hear her and see her acting like a monkey. She carries on with a loud converation at the black cashier across from the one that was doing my order, and them she comes over to my black cashier WHILE she was finalizing my order and continued to talk in her loud and obnoxious behavior. Since she made no attempt to load my bags into my cart, my daughter stepped forward and did it.
Upon leaving Walmart, I made sure I reported this rude, lazy and obnoxious Cashier to a Manager who was very apologetic for the Cashier's behavior. Then he went over to this Cashier and reamed her up one side and down the other telling her she better learn how to treat customers the right way or she would be losing her job. Then, he reminded her that working as a Cashier is NOT a social gathering for her "friends"!!!
I'm wlling to bet that the next time I go into Walmart, this black Cashier will NOT be employed by them!!!!
Proof that you can NOT take the Jungle out of a Monkey!!!!!
Wow. I was all with you until your last sentence. Grow up, lady. Just like not all white people are trailer trash, not all blacks are lazy with zero work ethic. I used to work at Walmart and several people used to come in with carts and use them when they didn't need to. If you are obese and that's why you have a hard time walking, lose weight. If you can't walk and you really need a cart, my apologies. But to act like you are a perfect person and make a comment like you did at the end, that's just a bit uncalled for and far from being a classy person. Also, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt they were reprimanded in front of all of the customers because Walmart doesn't work like that. I'm SURE you just don't like black people and will find any excuse under the sun to make them look worse than most of them already do. At least she's was working!! Not anymore, obviously, since you probably made it to be a bigger deal than it really was and got her fired. Good job! Now she'll probably collect unemployment AND get welfare/food stamps!! Congrats!!!
hey wheel lady

Whitesboro, NY

#5 Jan 25, 2012
Have your lazy a$$ daughter load your fricken cart!!!! Plus I think your lying. Plus your a racist.

On top of it all, they DONT have to walk to your cart and load your groceries.
she was not standing LOL

Cortland, NY

#6 Jan 25, 2012
actually wrote:
she wasn't really "standing".....
hilarous! she also wasn't telling the truth. their is not one damn part of the story that's believable. let the trolling begin
Gay Guy

Syracuse, NY

#7 Jan 25, 2012
Disabled Lady wrote:
Today, I complained to a Manager for the way I was treated by a newly hired black casher because of her lack of manners, compassion, and against store policy.
Whenever I shop at Walmart, I always try and use one of their electric sit down carts as I can not walk very well. Any time I have ever gone thru a Cashier's line, the Cashier has always loaded up my groceries in my cart without me even asking for this help.
Today, I went grocery shopping with my daughter and 2 year old grandson that were behind me. When my order had been completed and the cashier made no attempt to load them into my cart, I asked her if she would do that for me. All I got was an empty stare! Then, I said "Isn't that part of your job?" - again, another empty stare!!! Then, along comes another black "friend" who makes sure that everyone in the store could hear her and see her acting like a monkey. She carries on with a loud converation at the black cashier across from the one that was doing my order, and them she comes over to my black cashier WHILE she was finalizing my order and continued to talk in her loud and obnoxious behavior. Since she made no attempt to load my bags into my cart, my daughter stepped forward and did it.
Upon leaving Walmart, I made sure I reported this rude, lazy and obnoxious Cashier to a Manager who was very apologetic for the Cashier's behavior. Then he went over to this Cashier and reamed her up one side and down the other telling her she better learn how to treat customers the right way or she would be losing her job. Then, he reminded her that working as a Cashier is NOT a social gathering for her "friends"!!!
I'm wlling to bet that the next time I go into Walmart, this black Cashier will NOT be employed by them!!!!
Proof that you can NOT take the Jungle out of a Monkey!!!!!
Maybe she didn't load the groceries because YOUR DAUGHTER WAS STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO YOU, and you were probably one of those customers who has an overloaded shopping cart, puts everything on the belt, then just stands (or in your case, sits) there staring while the turnstile fills up and your bags of junk have nowhere to go but the floor. Your daughter has no reason not to put the bags in the cart, herself. If y'all are well enough to go shopping, fill a cart, and unload it onto the belt, you can put your damned bags into the cart yourself. Don't be such a lazy crumb bum.
stop lying disabled lady

Cortland, NY

#9 Jan 25, 2012
ladies don't lie, so you're no lady. i do believe you are disabled though. mentally disabled that is. now cart ur azz on outta here.
hahaobama

New Hartford, NY

#10 Jan 25, 2012
Disabled Lady wrote:
As usual - 99% of the replies are from uneducated trolls that have no idea what a disabled person has to deal with on a daily basis. To set the record straight, I am not "obese" and my disability is based upon a medical reason.
In all the years I've been shopping at Warmart, I have found the employees going out of their way to help people and treat them with respect and always wiling to do whatever they can to help them. This includes the Cashiers willingness to put the bags in your cart when they can see someone is disabled.
The reason why I made the reference to the race of the rude cashier I delt with, is because NONE of he "white" cashiers have ever conducted themselves as poorly as this black cashier I had.
There are very few blacks that have the class, manners, upbringing, and education along with the ambition to work for their living instead of milking all the "perks" that Social Services offer.
If you want to call this being "racist", go right ahead; I could care less. I call it REALITY!!!!
Also, this "cashier" was reamed out in front of customers, as well as other cashiers because hewas furious with her behavior and actions that tarnished the etics of how Walmart employees are suppose to do their jobs.
Sorry for your "disability." Just wondering, how did you get your items in the cart if you are "unable" to walk around the store? Did they have someone in the store follow you around and take the items off the shelves for you?
IF the store manager reamed her out in front of customers, he has about as much class as you do for posting your complaint. He is the one who should be fired.
Gay Guy

Syracuse, NY

#11 Jan 25, 2012
Disabled Lady wrote:
As usual - 99% of the replies are from uneducated trolls that have no idea what a disabled person has to deal with on a daily basis. To set the record straight, I am not "obese" and my disability is based upon a medical reason.
In all the years I've been shopping at Warmart, I have found the employees going out of their way to help people and treat them with respect and always wiling to do whatever they can to help them. This includes the Cashiers willingness to put the bags in your cart when they can see someone is disabled.
The reason why I made the reference to the race of the rude cashier I delt with, is because NONE of he "white" cashiers have ever conducted themselves as poorly as this black cashier I had.
There are very few blacks that have the class, manners, upbringing, and education along with the ambition to work for their living instead of milking all the "perks" that Social Services offer.
If you want to call this being "racist", go right ahead; I could care less. I call it REALITY!!!!
Also, this "cashier" was reamed out in front of customers, as well as other cashiers because hewas furious with her behavior and actions that tarnished the etics of how Walmart employees are suppose to do their jobs.
You do realize that the majority of people getting assistance from Social Services are white, right? And that the majority of those on Welfare with children actually only have ONE child? Yes, there are people who milk the system, but there is no statistical evidence to back up your claim that the "majority of blacks are leeching off County programs." Better luck next time....
Oh, and who drove to Walmart? Was it you? How many hours do you spend on the computer a day/week? Must be substantial if you know about Topix.... just so you know, APAC is ALWAYS hiring, so you can find a job YOURSELF and stop bilking the system. If you can use a computer for leisure, you can do so for a few hours a day and be a productive member of society.
KobeSystem

Boston, MA

#12 Jan 25, 2012
Just left Walmart in n Utica.. nicest cashier I've had anywhere in a long time.. made jokes w me my wife and kids.. yes she was black.. I am white.. not that it matters but it might shut idiots up
omg really

Herkimer, NY

#13 Jan 25, 2012
I am disabled and I dont have to ride in one of them carts I make myself walk it may hurt but if I start to ride in one of them I might as well give up on life. I have problems lifting stuff but I get my own bags and put them in the cart at any store I go to yes mt kids will help me also but I just dont stand there and make someone else do it for me. I have had alot of surgeries and having more in the next month. You need to stop saying oh I cant do it cause im disabled cause I have troubles with my neck, back legs and have a rare illness I am not fat either. under weight. I have been to so many Drs in this around this state and they all say the more you move the better it is. for one to say I cant due to im disabled is a bunch of crap. you can push a cart and lean on it also it wont hurt you also try picking up your own bags for once when you work at walmart it never says you have to go around to put bags into shopping carts. They tell you the less lifting the better so they dont get hurt thats why they have the hand held scanners. They have to watch out not to hurt there backs then they are out of work. think of them next time you go shopping. also there is nothing wrong with a black person they all bleed the same as you red. i am a white person and to me a color is nothing someone could be green i wouldnt care. I bet when you crap it dont smell like roses either. stop judging people your just one mean old lady i feel so sorry for your family
Citizen

Herkimer, NY

#14 Jan 26, 2012
i think wal-mart should have a mascot kinda like toys r us has geofrey the giraffe. Maybe Wally the wizard ,and he could go around and make fantasticly low prices happen, or perhaps somthing more adult like a rolling back prices symbol of some sort... that would be awesome.

Its always a shame to be treated poorly as a customer i totally understand how frustrating that can be, but such a shame with the rascism we gotta get past that.

And seriously why doesn't wal-mart have a mascot .
Jimmy

Baldwinsville, NY

#15 Jan 26, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I was all with you until your last sentence. Grow up, lady. Just like not all white people are trailer trash, not all blacks are lazy with zero work ethic. I used to work at Walmart and several people used to come in with carts and use them when they didn't need to. If you are obese and that's why you have a hard time walking, lose weight. If you can't walk and you really need a cart, my apologies. But to act like you are a perfect person and make a comment like you did at the end, that's just a bit uncalled for and far from being a classy person. Also, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt they were reprimanded in front of all of the customers because Walmart doesn't work like that. I'm SURE you just don't like black people and will find any excuse under the sun to make them look worse than most of them already do. At least she's was working!! Not anymore, obviously, since you probably made it to be a bigger deal than it really was and got her fired. Good job! Now she'll probably collect unemployment AND get welfare/food stamps!! Congrats!!!
Are you kidding me with the sentence "not all blacks are lazy with zero work ethic?" You must not spend much time in Utica.
I Agree

Utica, NY

#16 Jan 26, 2012
KobeSystem wrote:
Just left Walmart in n Utica.. nicest cashier I've had anywhere in a long time.. made jokes w me my wife and kids.. yes she was black.. I am white.. not that it matters but it might shut idiots up
My mother uses one of the motorized shopping carts and she has not had trouble getting the N. Utica Walmart employees to help her. As a white person, I was sad to see race made an issue in this, as I have been shopping in many local stores and have encountered both nice and rude clerks of both races. I do remember in the N. Utica Walmart, there was a very nice young black man who used to help my mom with putting the bags in the car. To the person who started this thread: please stop making racist comments, there are polite and rude people of all races and ethnicities.
anono1

Rochester, NY

#17 Jan 26, 2012
I don't believe a word of this. Sounds to me like a bigoted person trying to stir up trouble. I shop at walmart and though I have come across many cashiers with attitude problems and possibly low mental capacity.. I've never had one just blatantly act like that. If her friend can come over and just hang out there while she's working, well that's management's fault for not keeping a closer eye on their employees...Also managers wouldn't just ream the cashier out in the open like that for everyone to see, they would pull her into the office and talk with her. I mean, I know this is Walmart but they still have HR regulations they have to follow.
Do the match

Antwerp, NY

#18 Jan 26, 2012
Okay, here's a quick math lesson for the uneducated. This is not to defend Whites or to denounce Blacks, it's a simple math equation to try and put it in simple relative terms that even a moron should be able to understand.

Here it goes, try to follow the simple logic.

If there are 10 people of a specific race and 1 of them is on Welfare, then that is 10% of that race. If there is 10 people of another specific race and 2 people are on Welfare, then that is 20% of that specific race.
If there are 1,000 people of a specific race and 10 of them are on Welfare, then that is 1% of the total amount. If there are 100 people of another race and 5 people are on Welfare, then that is 5% of the total amount. Less people, but proportionately "more" people than the other group.

Yes there are more White people on Welfare than Black people because there are more white people in this area. So when people state that there are more people of a certain race on Welfare, they should distinguish between the actual number of people or the percentage of people with a specific race.
So sick of this crap

Herkimer, NY

#19 Jan 26, 2012
I am so sick of people always have to talk about race all the damn time. Who really cares about what color we are really. I am a white women but I dont look at someone and see there color I hate when I read a post and its all about race. One of my children has been dating a black person and they have been teased and everything. People are so damn mean I just dont get it. No one is better than the next person. We all bleed the same. Who cares who is rich or poor, whos on welfare or not. This world would be a better place if it wasnt about race. I dont give a rats ass what anyone says either
Anonymous

United States

#21 Feb 10, 2012
F**k you, you old racist, white b***h! For one, I go to Target all the time, and it is not mandatory that they take your shit out of your buggy. You may ask for assistance, but don't think you deserve any special attention because you're white, old, have some sort of dissibility and feel entitled. You may ask politly, and I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem with it. He is a worker, not your slave. Get it, massa?
Also, the racist statements that you made in your post, and everything are just horrible. I don't care if you do have a dissibility. I hope you fall down a flight of stairs. We don't need people like you around. Take your ass back to the 19th century where you belong, and leave us good civilized people alone. You are the one out of line. Maybe if you weren't the way you are, people would respond differently to you.
Idiots

Central Square, NY

#22 Feb 10, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>Are you kidding me with the sentence "not all blacks are lazy with zero work ethic?" You must not spend much time in Utica.
And Jimmy, if you don't like the black people of Utica, why have you never left? Just like to feel superior so you stick around? lol How about you GET OUT OF UTICA ONCE IN A WHILE, and you might see that there ARE actually very many decent black people in this world. Just like there is a lot of scummy white people, like yourself I'd imagine!=) have a good day, sweetheart!
Concerned7373

Cortland, NY

#23 Feb 10, 2012
I think your rude to say the least! Did you say "Black Cashier" enough? Who the hell are you that you think you need this special treatment? Load your own groceries, and further more I doubt very highly that any manager would speak to an employee in front of you or any one else in that tone. So stop lying!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica Observer Dispatch 10 min Seriously 8
Genesis Cheerleaders 11 min not fooled 1
What's with the nonsense on John St and route 5? 18 min yup 5
NH 35% tax increase on the way 29 min leo bordicelli 50
WHY Utica is a rustbelt poverty hole of FAIL! 30 min areyoublind 50
No NH football in 2017 32 min New Hartford 1
Many Utica Neighborhood's​ Vacant.... 41 min TruthTeller42 1
What should go in old APAC building? 52 min Taxpayer 29
Syracuse War Memorial Arena Improvements 1 hr AHLer 42
Work On Aud Improvements 1 hr An Even Better Bu... 487
OMG! Naked Lexie O'Conner, Jill Reale, and Hill... (Aug '12) 12 hr EBT CHILD CRUSH 28
Joette Mancuso 12 hr EBT CHILD CRUSH 68

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages