Don't Send Your Child to School Day"....WTF

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Respected Retired Teacher

Utica, NY

#1 Nov 12, 2013
BREAKING NEWS! On Monday ó the first day of American Education Week ó parents and students nationwide will participate in the Common Core Protest Day, known as ďDonít Send Your Child to School Day.Ē

WTF is this? VERY mature decision on the parents' parts. Terrific role models, are they not? Apparently these parents think they know what is right, are enlisting other easily influenced parents, and are using their kids to make their case. Apparently they want to decide what their kids learn. This twisted parental behavior is a prime example why a core curriculum and standards ARE needed.
Educated Parent

Utica, NY

#2 Nov 12, 2013
Respected Retired Teacher wrote:
BREAKING NEWS! On Monday ó the first day of American Education Week ó parents and students nationwide will participate in the Common Core Protest Day, known as ďDonít Send Your Child to School Day.Ē
WTF is this? VERY mature decision on the parents' parts. Terrific role models, are they not? Apparently these parents think they know what is right, are enlisting other easily influenced parents, and are using their kids to make their case. Apparently they want to decide what their kids learn. This twisted parental behavior is a prime example why a core curriculum and standards ARE needed.
Imagine that; parents making decisions that affect their children. Donít they know that the government knows what is right for these kids? How dare they think for themselves. The nerve of these parents to decide that there kids are not going to be subject to state testing used primarily to evaluate teachers, schools, and school districts.

Please explain to me how this testing is going to improve my childís education.

I think the new ďcommon coreĒ is a great idea. I like that that they are teaching kids to THINK and not to just memorize facts and figures. Over time this will benefit students and prepare them for college or in their careers. My problem is that they need to have time to orient themselves to the new curriculum before they are tested on it.

The testing is being used to evaluate teachers and school districts and they want to use my kids to do it. This might be something you want to participate in but my kids will be home spending time on more useful endeavors.
Land of the lost

Mount Vernon, NY

#3 Nov 12, 2013
Newsflash: Your kids are all going to stay XBOX addicted iPhone poking neanderthals who can barely talk, no matter what you do there in uterus NY. History don't lie and it's the precursor. In cny the apples don't even fall off the tree they just cling there and live in the basement.

Anyone who ACTUALLY raises their kids in those programmed-to-fail dunce-holes could arguably be defined as derelict in their kid's futures. Let the stay home whiners.... the education level there DEFINITELY won't suffer from a few lost months out of "shool" LMAO!

Raising your kids in cny is literally a sign of an unfit parent or worse, an ignorant parent who won't work their kids out of the impoverished regions. All it takes is WILL to make a better future for yourselves and your kids. Sitting around telling yourselves how "great" cny schools are is a farce and self-delusion. Look around you, you get what you ask for people. GTF outta there, it's easy!
Dee

New York, NY

#4 Nov 12, 2013
Why not you have politicians doing things that are hurting the students give me a break !! About time people are standing up to these idiots Go for it parents protest !! Everyone keep your kids home and fire Mr King. This common Core isn't good for every single student . Your going see so many kids drop out of school or commit suicide because they can't take the pressures from this kind of education ! Take a stance Paernts for the sake of your children . Bring Back our education as we know it lot of brilliant people are doing very well . Walk up to the plate and be heard to better the system for your children . Our whole country is going to hell in a hand basket right in front of us! We have a socialist President forcing us to get health insurance that people can't afford to get . You have his Princess of a wife telling what u can feed your children and now you have a Buba Luke telling you how your children are going to be educated .
Dee

New York, NY

#5 Nov 12, 2013
Teach your children how to stand up to what they feel is right let them know we still have this right to be heard. Don't teach your children to be a yes person and have morons shove.crap down their throats
Connected guy

Utica, NY

#6 Nov 12, 2013
Land of the lost wrote:
Newsflash: Your kids are all going to stay XBOX addicted iPhone poking neanderthals who can barely talk, no matter what you do there in uterus NY. History don't lie and it's the precursor. In cny the apples don't even fall off the tree they just cling there and live in the basement.
Anyone who ACTUALLY raises their kids in those programmed-to-fail dunce-holes could arguably be defined as derelict in their kid's futures. Let the stay home whiners.... the education level there DEFINITELY won't suffer from a few lost months out of "shool" LMAO!
Raising your kids in cny is literally a sign of an unfit parent or worse, an ignorant parent who won't work their kids out of the impoverished regions. All it takes is WILL to make a better future for yourselves and your kids. Sitting around telling yourselves how "great" cny schools are is a farce and self-delusion. Look around you, you get what you ask for people. GTF outta there, it's easy!
Right, and raising your kids in Clifton Park is going to solve all your problems. Who is kidding who? Do you honestly think you have solved all your problems by moving an hour and a half away? Apparently you have taken your ignorance with you. At least we donít waste all our time obsessed with a city we donít live in. It must really suck trying to justify your existence by comparing yourself to other people. I guess if you feel so inferior in your new town you can find some satisfaction by convincing yourself that you are better than those you left behind. You might want to try improving your own set of circumstances and not dwell on the fate of others. Remember self-esteem is improved by your own actions not by pulling down others to your level.
Land of the lost

Mount Vernon, NY

#7 Nov 12, 2013
Connected guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, and raising your kids in Clifton Park is going to solve all your problems. Who is kidding who? Do you honestly think you have solved all your problems by moving an hour and a half away? Apparently you have taken your ignorance with you. At least we donít waste all our time obsessed with a city we donít live in. It must really suck trying to justify your existence by comparing yourself to other people. I guess if you feel so inferior in your new town you can find some satisfaction by convincing yourself that you are better than those you left behind. You might want to try improving your own set of circumstances and not dwell on the fate of others. Remember self-esteem is improved by your own actions not by pulling down others to your level.
"Clifton Park"? Are you delusional? Please, oh genius, tell me more about how comparing yourself to people is a character flaw! HAHAHAHA!
Damned uterus urchins, they actually think blathering nonsense and imagining they "know" something about you is getting them out of their personal hell in CNY.

Hey, I didn't make those choices. Blame yourself Mr. No Self Esteem.
bravo

New York, NY

#8 Nov 12, 2013
Connected guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, and raising your kids in Clifton Park is going to solve all your problems. Who is kidding who? Do you honestly think you have solved all your problems by moving an hour and a half away? Apparently you have taken your ignorance with you. At least we donít waste all our time obsessed with a city we donít live in. It must really suck trying to justify your existence by comparing yourself to other people. I guess if you feel so inferior in your new town you can find some satisfaction by convincing yourself that you are better than those you left behind. You might want to try improving your own set of circumstances and not dwell on the fate of others. Remember self-esteem is improved by your own actions not by pulling down others to your level.
Well said, my friend, well said.
Land of the lost

Mount Vernon, NY

#9 Nov 12, 2013
bravo wrote:
<quoted text>Well said, my friend, well said.
So well said, yet he has no idea wtf he's talking about. Says it all about you desperate people. Just..... DESperate!
Attended

East Granby, CT

#10 Nov 12, 2013
Respected Retired Teacher wrote:
BREAKING NEWS! On Monday ó the first day of American Education Week ó parents and students nationwide will participate in the Common Core Protest Day, known as ďDonít Send Your Child to School Day.Ē
WTF is this? VERY mature decision on the parents' parts. Terrific role models, are they not? Apparently these parents think they know what is right, are enlisting other easily influenced parents, and are using their kids to make their case. Apparently they want to decide what their kids learn. This twisted parental behavior is a prime example why a core curriculum and standards ARE needed.
. I attended the meeting with commissioner king in whitesboro and the man just doesn't know what he is talking about. He totally was rude to parents and every question he was asked he answered it with the same BS. He doesn't deserve his position - as educational administrators don't know what actually is going on in a classroom or how children actually learn. Parents keep your children home that one day and help send a message. I'm sure many will send their kids because they need free babysitting for the day.
beer expert

Evanston, IL

#11 Nov 12, 2013
Land of the lost wrote:
Newsflash: Your kids are all going to stay XBOX addicted iPhone poking neanderthals who can barely talk, no matter what you do there in uterus NY. History don't lie and it's the precursor. In cny the apples don't even fall off the tree they just cling there and live in the basement.
Anyone who ACTUALLY raises their kids in those programmed-to-fail dunce-holes could arguably be defined as derelict in their kid's futures. Let the stay home whiners.... the education level there DEFINITELY won't suffer from a few lost months out of "shool" LMAO!
Raising your kids in cny is literally a sign of an unfit parent or worse, an ignorant parent who won't work their kids out of the impoverished regions. All it takes is WILL to make a better future for yourselves and your kids. Sitting around telling yourselves how "great" cny schools are is a farce and self-delusion. Look around you, you get what you ask for people. GTF outta there, it's easy!
lol yea Ithaca is such a terrible brain dead place.
Dee

New York, NY

#12 Nov 12, 2013
All the parents that are for this is because they have kids that are all A Students , so they don't care . I thought "No child Left Behind" and to the person saying these are desperate parents speaking please don't judge people not every parent has a child with a gift . I guess you parents are the lucky parents right ., you only care about your children . Common Core will fail many children and we will end up with many uneducated children . Mrs Obama won't have to worry about what kids are
Eating in school u won't have any kids to worry about.
vincenzo stugotz

United States

#13 Nov 12, 2013
It's funny how protests of certain issues are socially acceptable and others aren't.
Bruce Karam

Pine Plains, NY

#14 Nov 12, 2013
Our sophisticated young urbanite students WILL be in school in Utica! Hey, who else is gonna feed their beggar asses?
Outsider

Utica, NY

#15 Nov 13, 2013
Here's what will make everyone happy....Give no homework, give all kids As and place everyone on the honor roll, make certain no child is pressured or feels any discomfort, and make the school days and school year shorter. By the way, cut my school taxes.
Attended

West Roxbury, MA

#16 Nov 13, 2013
Outsider wrote:
Here's what will make everyone happy....Give no homework, give all kids As and place everyone on the honor roll, make certain no child is pressured or feels any discomfort, and make the school days and school year shorter. By the way, cut my school taxes.
outsider. Obviously what we are discussing is way over your head so keep your ignorant comments to yourself. You show your stupidity with what you say. Our children's education is at stake here and what the state is pushing will only hurt our kids. If you can get your hands on some of the new math modules read them and try to answer the math questions as they now require the kids to. I guarantee you that you can't do it.
My Opinion

Utica, NY

#17 Nov 13, 2013
Attended wrote:
<quoted text>. I attended the meeting with commissioner king in whitesboro and the man just doesn't know what he is talking about. He totally was rude to parents and every question he was asked he answered it with the same BS. He doesn't deserve his position - as educational administrators don't know what actually is going on in a classroom or how children actually learn. Parents keep your children home that one day and help send a message. I'm sure many will send their kids because they need free babysitting for the day.
You're not the first person who referred to the commissioner as having been rude and dismissive toward the parents attending. I understand why a lot of parents are riled up about this, but I don't see what keeping the kids home is going to accomplish. There are very few families that still have one parent who stays home, are parents supposed to risk their jobs missing work for this?
Hahaha

Utica, NY

#18 Nov 13, 2013
Land of the lost wrote:
Newsflash: Your kids are all going to stay XBOX addicted iPhone poking neanderthals who can barely talk, no matter what you do there in uterus NY. History don't lie and it's the precursor. In cny the apples don't even fall off the tree they just cling there and live in the basement.
Anyone who ACTUALLY raises their kids in those programmed-to-fail dunce-holes could arguably be defined as derelict in their kid's futures. Let the stay home whiners.... the education level there DEFINITELY won't suffer from a few lost months out of "shool" LMAO!
Raising your kids in cny is literally a sign of an unfit parent or worse, an ignorant parent who won't work their kids out of the impoverished regions. All it takes is WILL to make a better future for yourselves and your kids. Sitting around telling yourselves how "great" cny schools are is a farce and self-delusion. Look around you, you get what you ask for people. GTF outta there, it's easy!
"History don't lie". Apparently Mr. Knowitall may need a little grammar lesson.
Attended

West Roxbury, MA

#19 Nov 13, 2013
No they shouldn't risk their jobs but every good parent has a back up for watching their kids if something happens and they can't stay home with them. We all know what he did when parents tried to express their concerns. He cancelled all future forums. It just shows that he realizes that parents won't allow their children to be led to slaughter and we want something done. One day isn't asking much. Maybe our point will get across.
in the know

Holden, MA

#20 Nov 13, 2013
Your all a bunch of idiots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big drug bust new hartford 25,000 cash money 6 min Rocco DaLuca 31
Bobby Zumpano - Dave's Big Brother BUSTED 17 min a mom 14
Compassion Coalition- Who's In Charge There? 17 min True 2
New Hartford music teacher 39 min Moolie 5
What Nano Means To the Average Utican 43 min Comets Welfare Na... 9
Dumpster Diving 49 min Comets Welfare Na... 3
Jobs coming in Utica with potential impact on L... 51 min Comets Welfare Na... 34
Utica teachers to Kids: Drop Dead 2 hr On the Loose 32
bobby mancuso finally fired from UFD 3 hr becky 6
Utica Dating
Find my Match

Utica Jobs

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]