"Student Business Incubator "To Open In Utica.

Posted in the Utica Forum

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Aug 7, 2013
Utica Pride

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Some community members say keeping students in the Mohawk Valley post-college is becoming a challenge. That's why the Mohawk Valley Community College Foundation is planning to open a 'Student Business Incubator' on 106 Genesee Street in Utica. Local business owners will mentor selected students in entrepreneurship. Coordinators say student incubators are growing across the country, and they will mirror a successful Syracuse location that has already launched more than 100 businesses.

"The biggest reason student entrepreneurs leave is they believe there is not the mentoring and there's not the infrastructure for them to grow their business, so that's our goal, to provide student entrepreneurs the infrastructure where they can grow their business," says Frank DuRoss, executive director of institutional advancement at the college.

Those involved say the 'Student Business Incubator' will be open this Fall 2013. 10 to 18 students will be accepted to the program.

From WUTR Web Page. Cnyhomepage.com .
UticaPride

Chittenango, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

What a fantastic idea!

Will this be in addition to the highly successful business incubators at the City Center complex, the Charlestown OTB wing, or the former Boston Store?
Whatever you say

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

The biggest reason student entrepreneurs leave is they see the failures and don't want to suck dick in order to "fit in" with the ingrained ignorant long time uticans. When you have $$$$ like me you learn that these kind of people are out for your blood and hard work.

Utica can't even clean it's streets or get rid of the racism in the police dept so no we aren't coming there to make you retard look good.

Utica and uticans squandered any shot they ever had and the last nails were put in your coffin about 60 days ago now. Good luck with the "Phillips Screwdriver Lessons" retards. Oneida is the highest taxed stinkhole in the 49th highest taxed, 49th WORST state to do business in. Good luck with that crack pipe. You people cultivate "Prison Economy" and "Public Safety Parasite Paradise" that's all you know and aspire to be. No own it.

What's the next big "entrepreneur plan"? Another "Coffeehouse for loser hippies or a pizzeria?
laughing so hard

Watertown, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

"When you have $$$$ like me". Lololololo
Whatever you say

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

laughing so hard wrote:
"When you have $$$$ like me". Lololololo
Yes I know that's so hard for people in utica to accept lol!
kirkland

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Whatever you say wrote:
The biggest reason student entrepreneurs leave is they see the failures and don't want to suck dick in order to "fit in" with the ingrained ignorant long time uticans. When you have $$$$ like me you learn that these kind of people are out for your blood and hard work.
Utica can't even clean it's streets or get rid of the racism in the police dept so no we aren't coming there to make you retard look good.
Utica and uticans squandered any shot they ever had and the last nails were put in your coffin about 60 days ago now. Good luck with the "Phillips Screwdriver Lessons" retards. Oneida is the highest taxed stinkhole in the 49th highest taxed, 49th WORST state to do business in. Good luck with that crack pipe. You people cultivate "Prison Economy" and "Public Safety Parasite Paradise" that's all you know and aspire to be. No own it.
What's the next big "entrepreneur plan"? Another "Coffeehouse for loser hippies or a pizzeria?
Money like you? You mean counterfeit pesos? Lol.
hahaha

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

You know how I know you don't have two nickels to rub together "Whatever you say"? If you had money, you'd be out there living life. Instead of responding to everything on Topix with long negative and pathetic rants. Suicide is your friend. Remember that.

“I'm me. Deal with it!”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

homer wrote:
If you went to college and are too stupid to know how to open your own business, then your education was a waste of money. Barnes & Noble probably has a book called "Starting a Small Business for Dummies" that would be a lot more cost effective than a government program. But then again, this is Utica. Most people need help shopping for groceries and filling out Medicaid applications.
So true! They think people with money don't exist it is so bad there!
Yup whatever

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

hahaha wrote:
You know how I know you don't have two nickels to rub together "Whatever you say"? If you had money, you'd be out there living life. Instead of responding to everything on Topix with long negative and pathetic rants. Suicide is your friend. Remember that.
Can't handle the truth? When you buy new cars cash deal and own 2 homes I'll worry about what a money focused retard like you says thinks or does. Suicide? Nope, not in THIS life I got the catbird seat. I WON it! Now go cry to yourself upstate stuck loser.
Billy

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

homer wrote:
If you went to college and are too stupid to know how to open your own business, then your education was a waste of money. Barnes & Noble probably has a book called "Starting a Small Business for Dummies" that would be a lot more cost effective than a government program. But then again, this is Utica. Most people need help shopping for groceries and filling out Medicaid applications.
You looking in the mirror because your ignorance is just glaring. "too stupid to know how to open your own business"? Really, tell us your experience and success story - JACKASS
Utican pipedreams

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

missy wrote:
Why should we only help third world refugees that don't speak English to start their own businesses? We do everything for them. We provide them with a business model, start-up capital and give them training. Why are we not doing this for Americans whose parents and grandparents worked, paid taxes and built this great country? We bring refugees here from Burma and Sudan (to most of whom the concept of wearing shoes is foreign) and help them into the middle class, while at the same time millions of Americans are struggling and falling out of the middle class. Some times I wonder about this nation's priorities.
Because most people from upstate ny are so uneducated, unmotivated and poultry stupid they can barely discuss last night's episode of "America's Got Talent" without interrupting eachother in circles for 2 hrs.
Glad I Dont Live There

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Heather knows wrote:
<quoted text>So true! They think people with money don't exist it is so bad there!
Lol
I know

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

missy wrote:
Why should we only help third world refugees that don't speak English to start their own businesses? We do everything for them. We provide them with a business model, start-up capital and give them training. Why are we not doing this for Americans whose parents and grandparents worked, paid taxes and built this great country? We bring refugees here from Burma and Sudan (to most of whom the concept of wearing shoes is foreign) and help them into the middle class, while at the same time millions of Americans are struggling and falling out of the middle class. Some times I wonder about this nation's priorities.
Your wrong and uneducated on the issue. The majority of refugees are hard working and have beautiful homes. They work hard to give their children a better life. The kids study hard in school and excel in learning english and do very well in other courses of study. Refugee homes i see have flowers and beautiful landscaping. Utica would be a dead city if it was not for them and the other long time Uticans that have made a good life for themselves. Do we have problems like every other city. Yes. But don't you dare blame it on the refugees. You are so wrong.
fn hilarious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Dont blame the refugees.gimme a break .even the refugee center says they cant find them work. They are a burden. Its not our responsibility to do anything for these people.our leaders however smell that state and federal money that they get for these parasites.but after it runs out back to the taxpayer.i will say they have improved several neighborhoods that were in total despair but the city is basically selling off properties for a dollar these days. Americans should always come first and refugees should be required to at least speak english beforr arriving. Just how many interpretors are we funding these days? Anyone who possibly could and wiyh half a brain has already left.
Puts others down

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

fn hilarious wrote:
Dont blame the refugees.gimme a break .even the refugee center says they cant find them work. They are a burden. Its not our responsibility to do anything for these people.our leaders however smell that state and federal money that they get for these parasites.but after it runs out back to the taxpayer.i will say they have improved several neighborhoods that were in total despair but the city is basically selling off properties for a dollar these days. Americans should always come first and refugees should be required to at least speak english beforr arriving. Just how many interpretors are we funding these days? Anyone who possibly could and wiyh half a brain has already left.
Unless your ancestors came from England or Australia,they didn't know English either. I know many refugees that drive to chobani or work at the turning stone or whatever other work they can find. I remember when the Bosinians came over they went door to door shoveling driveways and sidewalks. I have never seen harder workers then the new Americans. You have a sad out look of the world.
Wow are you for real

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

fn hilarious wrote:
You and your mother are parasites.
fn hilarious

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

How much is this pipe dream gonna cost taxpayers.let me guess nothing,...like we havent heard that one before. I mean how fn desperate doea this state have to get to attract buisness.dont they get it no one wants to be in this shiithole
exactly

Dallas, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Rigjt^ americans should always come first

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••