What is up with Venice pizza

What is up with Venice pizza

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Vinny

United States

#1 Oct 6, 2008
worst food ever ate lunch there today. gross never again
bibo

New York, NY

#2 Oct 6, 2008
Vinny wrote:
worst food ever ate lunch there today. gross never again
use to be great last two months though we get our usual calzones , mostly all dough . i told the kid on the phone he said dont worry ill take care of it . i figure ok they will load em up . not to be worst all dough half way each side . imm done two to many pizza places around . we were there last on last sunday .
the real deal

United States

#3 Oct 6, 2008
Never had a bad experience with Venice, been eating there almost ten years at least a couple times a month.
bad

New York, NY

#4 Oct 6, 2008
it's the service that stinks there! No one has customer service skills!
Frank

United States

#5 Oct 6, 2008
The food sucks, pizza is always burnt. worst place to eat. You couldnt pay me to eat there.
Bull

Minoa, NY

#6 Oct 6, 2008
Their take-out pizza sucks but the pizza you get there is good. Go figure.

I stopped eating there when they stopped serving veal.
James

United States

#8 Oct 7, 2008
wow that place really went down hill. the owner is a ashole and his daughter is a skank. Just go to tonys across the street
Right Hook

Manlius, NY

#9 Oct 7, 2008
True Story wrote:
About 5 years ago I worked nearby Venice Pizza and use to go there for lunch a few days a week. Always got the same thing....a steak sub with A-1 sauce on it.
One night for dinner my girlfriend and I went in and they were really busy. We waited about 15 minutes just to order(it was for take out) but that was ok. So she ordered hers and I ordered mine...a steak sub with A-1 sauce. Well we paid and then waited patiently for our food(about 35 minutes. Well when we got it we went outside to the car and checked it just to make sure it was correct. Hers was fine but mine was a steak sub with marinara sauce instead of A-1. I went back inside and again patiently waited in line for 10 minutes until it was my turn. I very nicely explained to the guy that what I wanted and what I asked for was a steak sub with A-1 not opizza sauce. He said and I quote,"Bullsh*t,we always put marinara on steak subs." I was a little p*ssed at this point but tried to stay calm. I explained that I get them all the time from there and have never had this problem before and that I wanted the sub redone right or else my money back. The jerk then grabbed the sub out of my hands(keep in mind I had already paid and threw it in the garbage and said,"there now you don't have to worry,get the f*ck out". All i can say is that if my girlfriend wasn't there to keep me calm I probably would have ended up in jail.
So anyway the next day I call and ask to speak to the manager. I speak to this man who at first seemed very nice. He asked what the problem was and when I got done telling him he started laughing. I was a bit puzzled so I asked WTF was his problem and he shouted into the phone,"that was me last night a$$hole and you can stick your complaint up your a$$!",then he hung up.
Well I was furious but really there wasn't much I could do. I wished I had called the police that night,but I didn't. However it was the last time I ever set foot in that place and the last time I ever will.
Wow! I guess I'm not the only who dealt with that rude fk at the counter. One day, someone will knock his teeth out. To ensure I don't end up in jail, I will never step foot in that place again.
What happened

New York, NY

#10 Oct 7, 2008
This place used to have a line out the door at lunch or dinner time. I blame some of the very discourteous counter staff.
PIZZADAUGHTER

New York, NY

#11 Oct 7, 2008
James wrote:
wow that place really went down hill. the owner is a ashole and his daughter is a skank. Just go to tonys across the street
Whos the daughter? Why is she a skank?
Smarter than you

Cicero, NY

#12 Oct 7, 2008
His daughter is NOT a skank. That comment was probably left by someone who she wouldnt give the time of day.
CHANGEMEANSTHIS

New York, NY

#13 Oct 7, 2008
Smarter than you wrote:
His daughter is NOT a skank. That comment was probably left by someone who she wouldnt give the time of day.
Your a nice guy
Smarter than you

Cicero, NY

#14 Oct 7, 2008
CHANGEMEANSTHIS wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a nice guy
I'm a girl, you moron.
Mike

United States

#15 Oct 7, 2008
I go there at least twice a week and the food and service is always good. I'm sure Mike,the owner, would wish my brother and I would get something other than a slice and a soda but oh well. When my mother was alive she would get the mushroom
stew and it was DELICIOUS. As far as the night mgr from FIVE YEARS ago is concerned, it was probably Ray and he doesn't work there anymore. If you want to see him, stop by one of the Casino
restaurants and get your steak sub with A-1 sauce there!
Mike

United States

#16 Oct 7, 2008
Right Hook wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! I guess I'm not the only who dealt with that rude fk at the counter. One day, someone will knock his teeth out. To ensure I don't end up in jail, I will never step foot in that place again.
See above post!
Mike

United States

#17 Oct 7, 2008
True Story wrote:
About 5 years ago I worked nearby Venice Pizza and use to go there for lunch a few days a week. Always got the same thing....a steak sub with A-1 sauce on it.
One night for dinner my girlfriend and I went in and they were really busy. We waited about 15 minutes just to order(it was for take out) but that was ok. So she ordered hers and I ordered mine...a steak sub with A-1 sauce. Well we paid and then waited patiently for our food(about 35 minutes. Well when we got it we went outside to the car and checked it just to make sure it was correct. Hers was fine but mine was a steak sub with marinara sauce instead of A-1. I went back inside and again patiently waited in line for 10 minutes until it was my turn. I very nicely explained to the guy that what I wanted and what I asked for was a steak sub with A-1 not opizza sauce. He said and I quote,"Bullsh*t,we always put marinara on steak subs." I was a little p*ssed at this point but tried to stay calm. I explained that I get them all the time from there and have never had this problem before and that I wanted the sub redone right or else my money back. The jerk then grabbed the sub out of my hands(keep in mind I had already paid and threw it in the garbage and said,"there now you don't have to worry,get the f*ck out". All i can say is that if my girlfriend wasn't there to keep me calm I probably would have ended up in jail.
So anyway the next day I call and ask to speak to the manager. I speak to this man who at first seemed very nice. He asked what the problem was and when I got done telling him he started laughing. I was a bit puzzled so I asked WTF was his problem and he shouted into the phone,"that was me last night a$$hole and you can stick your complaint up your a$$!",then he hung up.
Well I was furious but really there wasn't much I could do. I wished I had called the police that night,but I didn't. However it was the last time I ever set foot in that place and the last time I ever will.
See above post too.
pizzasluttty

United States

#18 Oct 8, 2008
yes she get around
Ray

Cohoes, NY

#19 Oct 8, 2008
True Story wrote:
About 5 years ago I worked nearby Venice Pizza and use to go there for lunch a few days a week. Always got the same thing....a steak sub with A-1 sauce on it.
One night for dinner my girlfriend and I went in and they were really busy. We waited about 15 minutes just to order(it was for take out) but that was ok. So she ordered hers and I ordered mine...a steak sub with A-1 sauce. Well we paid and then waited patiently for our food(about 35 minutes. Well when we got it we went outside to the car and checked it just to make sure it was correct. Hers was fine but mine was a steak sub with marinara sauce instead of A-1. I went back inside and again patiently waited in line for 10 minutes until it was my turn. I very nicely explained to the guy that what I wanted and what I asked for was a steak sub with A-1 not opizza sauce. He said and I quote,"Bullsh*t,we always put marinara on steak subs." I was a little p*ssed at this point but tried to stay calm. I explained that I get them all the time from there and have never had this problem before and that I wanted the sub redone right or else my money back. The jerk then grabbed the sub out of my hands(keep in mind I had already paid and threw it in the garbage and said,"there now you don't have to worry,get the f*ck out". All i can say is that if my girlfriend wasn't there to keep me calm I probably would have ended up in jail.
So anyway the next day I call and ask to speak to the manager. I speak to this man who at first seemed very nice. He asked what the problem was and when I got done telling him he started laughing. I was a bit puzzled so I asked WTF was his problem and he shouted into the phone,"that was me last night a$$hole and you can stick your complaint up your a$$!",then he hung up.
Well I was furious but really there wasn't much I could do. I wished I had called the police that night,but I didn't. However it was the last time I ever set foot in that place and the last time I ever will.
ushuddshovedthegarbagecanuppah isassa,bro

Since: Aug 08

Loon Lake NY

#20 Oct 9, 2008
you guys are crazy, best thin pizza in town... you want service? go someplace with shitty food, they will be nice to you..
Much Smarter Than You

Syracuse, NY

#21 Oct 9, 2008
Smarter than you wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a girl, you moron.
There was absolutely nothing in your post that indicated you were female or male, so he had a 50-50 chance. So, who's the real moron? Him for choosing wrong when no hint was given, or you for calling him a moron for not knowing what you failed to reveal?

My vote says you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Hartford, NY. Utica's ghetto suburb. 2 min so true 8
why WELFARE ]\[lggers STALK FAMOUS EDUCATED MALES 38 min Utica looks bad 65
why I STALK * EDUCATED MALES * UTICA * ON WELFARE 39 min Utica looks bad 8
Go to sleep Utica fatso... you can rant tomorrow. 41 min Utica looks bad 2
Who is Mark Flagg? 48 min Megg flagger 15
Two Utica cops beat up 15 year kid on Albany st... 53 min Utica dd 24
WHY Utica is a rustbelt poverty hole of FAIL. 1 hr Utica looks bad 46
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 2 hr Low Income Area 928
New hartford is the new east utica 2 hr Lindseys fat CORPSE 127
c h e a t 13 hr Yummy 21

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages