Paula Dean unemployed
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
salop

New York, NY

#26 Jun 23, 2013
I refuse to watch food network. Liberal multicultural bullshit.

THOSE WHO LIVE IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULD NOT THROW STONES

FOOD NETWORK IS AN ABSOLUTE ABOMINATION

TODAY I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN. I DIDN'T REALIZE THAT MY GOD GIVEN RIGHTS DO NOT APPLY TO SPEECH THAT MAY OFFEND OTHERS.

FUCK USA. I HOPE IT ROTS IN HELL
Listen

Herkimer, NY

#27 Jun 23, 2013
If you watch and listen to her apology, there is nothing sincere about it. As far as the food network dropping her, I believe they did the right thing. They can't condone such behavior no matter who it is. This country still has race issues 100's of years later and shows no signs of going away. The backlash of condoning this type of behavior is something the food network doesn't want to deal with I'm sure. It is not the networks fault, it's clearly hers.
salop

New York, NY

#28 Jun 23, 2013
Listen wrote:
If you watch and listen to her apology, there is nothing sincere about it. As far as the food network dropping her, I believe they did the right thing. They can't condone such behavior no matter who it is. This country still has race issues 100's of years later and shows no signs of going away. The backlash of condoning this type of behavior is something the food network doesn't want to deal with I'm sure. It is not the networks fault, it's clearly hers.
Let me guess your one of those upper middle class liberal women who drives a Subaru and has an equality bumper sticker on the back. You have three children all with weird names like skyler talon and breeze and eat organic only food. You have never spent any real time in a major inner city poverty stricken all minority area but still believe in your head everyone is equal and beautiful in thier special way. Give me a break. Spend some time in inner city bronx and tell me how much you love the black/Spanish society and how wonderful and special they are.

Give me a break.
salop

New York, NY

#29 Jun 23, 2013
This is why Obama is in power. Liberal upper middle class whites who want to be forward thinkers and think they are benefiting society. However none of them have spent some quality time with actual minorities and see them in thier true element.

Lets keep giving free handouts to the lazy and take away from those who work hard. That's the new American way
Level 3

Since: Jul 12

Hartford, CT

#30 Jun 23, 2013
i dont think its a problem for her, she has enough money to retire....
Listen

Herkimer, NY

#31 Jun 23, 2013
salop wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess your one of those upper middle class liberal women who drives a Subaru and has an equality bumper sticker on the back. You have three children all with weird names like skyler talon and breeze and eat organic only food. You have never spent any real time in a major inner city poverty stricken all minority area but still believe in your head everyone is equal and beautiful in thier special way. Give me a break. Spend some time in inner city bronx and tell me how much you love the black/Spanish society and how wonderful and special they are.
Give me a break.
Wrong!! I'm a low income male who drives a 10 year old Chevy Impala. I grew up in the worst neighborhood in my city, I seen people get beat up because they lived in a different zip code, I seen people getting beat up over the color of their skin, I was one of them and changed while others didn't. I lived real life on the streets and witnessed first hand what a word can cause someone to do and it aint pretty! It's very easy for someone like yourself to sit behind your keyboard and bash out those remarks but I guarantee you, I survived some real troubling times and situations. There is no room for racial remarks in this country, it's way to sensitive of an issue and people are still getting killed over it to this day. Your entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine.
salop

New York, NY

#32 Jun 23, 2013
Listen wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong!! I'm a low income male who drives a 10 year old Chevy Impala. I grew up in the worst neighborhood in my city, I seen people get beat up because they lived in a different zip code, I seen people getting beat up over the color of their skin, I was one of them and changed while others didn't. I lived real life on the streets and witnessed first hand what a word can cause someone to do and it aint pretty! It's very easy for someone like yourself to sit behind your keyboard and bash out those remarks but I guarantee you, I survived some real troubling times and situations. There is no room for racial remarks in this country, it's way to sensitive of an issue and people are still getting killed over it to this day. Your entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine.
So you want to tell me this woman who's like 70 who grew up in the segregated south is supposed to miraculously been born and lived a life devoid of prejudice? If that's the case every person over 50 in the south should be fired from their jobs. Paula was just being honest. Don't think her life needs to be ruined because of her honesty.
GED semifinalist

New York, NY

#33 Jun 23, 2013
Well I'm black and I actually enjoyed watching Paula and her sons throw together some awesome recipes. Big deal she used the N word. I listen to younger blacks call themselves that name all the time and it upsets the chit out of me. At least she admitted she did which is more than I can say for most. Racism has been a part of American society rather we like it or not and she is only a product of this society. I'm sure my president has used the word honky or white trash before. Should he be fired too? The unemployment rate would be like 94% if that were the case.
Listen

Herkimer, NY

#34 Jun 23, 2013
salop wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want to tell me this woman who's like 70 who grew up in the segregated south is supposed to miraculously been born and lived a life devoid of prejudice? If that's the case every person over 50 in the south should be fired from their jobs. Paula was just being honest. Don't think her life needs to be ruined because of her honesty.
I respectfully disagree with you. It was in very poor taste on her part to use a racial slur, especially being a celebrity on a major network. Sometimes you have to rise above your past and do whats best and set good examples, especially if you're in the spotlight. This is a very messed up world my friend, some young black teenage boy or girl would see themselves differently if such behavior is condoned, and it becomes a breeding ground towards violence. It can happen, it has happened, and it continues to happen!!
Penny

Clinton, NY

#35 Jun 24, 2013
I like Paula and I won't be watching food network . Paula Deen made her money and she can retire. I feel sorry for her I think she is feeling pretty bad about this .
Comment

Gouverneur, NY

#37 Jun 24, 2013
Salop, this is where the phrase "Limousine Liberal" comes from. Upper middle to upper class white people who express all the correct opinions regarding race but then hypocritically make sure they move themselves and their children as far away from a predominately minority neighborhoods as possible.

Their publically expressed reason is 'better schools' which for them, is code for 'no minorities'.

Okay, to get back to the topic at hand. Paula Deen was wrong for what she said, but Food Network was wrong to fire her. We should all treat each other, and speak to and about each other with decency and respect. This is simple human decency and has nothing to do with being 'liberal' or 'politically correct'. But I don't think a person should lose their job for a mistake that was made in the past.
Yolanda Shivers

Albany, NY

#39 Jun 24, 2013
Paula Deen is a dumpy,redneck, cracker who prepared high cholesterol, fattening, greasy food on TV. Now she is also a has-been. Good riddance to the cross-eyed bleach blonde.
well

United States

#40 Jun 24, 2013
2043. White people get ready.

Level 3

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#41 Jun 24, 2013
Paula was let go because Food Network did not want to risk losing sponsorship $. If you are to boycott, boycott the companies that advertise on FN. They are the ones who called for her dismissal. It is so unfortunate that this is happening. TV I one of the most prolific forms of media and now it is being forced to censor itself for fear of losing the Almighty Dollar. Paula should be congratulated for her courage and honesty. The real outrage should be directed toward Lil' Wayne. Why is it that he gets to trample our flag with impunity? It is because he is black and the media would be strung up by their short hairs for being racists if they say anything about it. Complete and utter BS.
What makes this worse is why Paula was N. She was being robbed by an N at gunpoint at the time. Doesn't bode well for the opposition does it. I do not know what I would say given the same situation but I am sure that I would be calling my black assailant something significantly more harsh than an Afrikaan Gentleman. I think she should get a pass for this. She was the victim of an armed robbery and people are trying to make an entire race of people victim's of the words she chose in reference to a legitimate bad guy.
Nets

Brooklyn, NY

#42 Jul 4, 2013
Paula Deen was quoted that she loved the fantasy of having black slaves with big tools to have at her command. She just wants some black snake it her big grit eating booty
Nets

Brooklyn, NY

#43 Jul 4, 2013
She is not racist she is just horny and stupid
Scum

East Hartford, CT

#44 Jul 5, 2013
Listen wrote:
<quoted text>
I respectfully disagree with you. It was in very poor taste on her part to use a racial slur, especially being a celebrity on a major network. Sometimes you have to rise above your past and do whats best and set good examples, especially if you're in the spotlight. This is a very messed up world my friend, some young black teenage boy or girl would see themselves differently if such behavior is condoned, and it becomes a breeding ground towards violence. It can happen, it has happened, and it continues to happen!!
It happened like 30 years ago you friggin idiot. Are you people for real? This is nothing but you liberal morons putting someone through the ringer for fun. Meanwhile you have a president who you hero worship spending our money like a drinkin sailor. As long as its on uou freeloaders I guess it's ok.
eastutican

Stoughton, MA

#45 Jul 5, 2013
the comments posted here show that trevon martin's description of his killer applies to a segment of the population who will find any excuse, lift any rock and pay any price for their freedom to discriminate: creepy crackers.

tomorrow, Paula Deen will wake up and remake herself, eventually shovelling in more money than the number of comments here times a million. all you who now are so racially sensitive will still wake up as creepy crackers. may as well stick knives in your eyes. you are the answer to the perennial question: stupid as a bag of rocks ? yup.
eastutican

Stoughton, MA

#46 Jul 5, 2013
I see dum people wrote:
What makes this worse is why Paula was N. She was being robbed by an N at gunpoint at the time. Doesn't bode well for the opposition does it. I do not know what I would say given the same situation but I am sure that I would be calling my black assailant something significantly more harsh than an Afrikaan Gentleman. I think she should get a pass for this. She was the victim of an armed robbery and people are trying to make an entire race of people victim's of the words she chose in reference to a legitimate bad guy.
It takes a dum one to commiserate with dum ones. So, you swallow her story. Pretty damn dumb, numbnut. And you even justify the use of racially derogatory words. A phantom black robber. You are gullible and racist. One more trait and you have a hat trick. Try being stupid. You win!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State Audit proves Comets Aud is a scam operation. 1 hr He Is Crying Again 425
We don't have a racism problem in America! 1 hr He Has Low IQ 66
Pathetic Utica Booster Wannabes: 2 hr U R A Boring Troll 8
thank you Nano 2 hr Utica Comet Blowers 22
The Troll Dave Smith Is Back 2 hr FAIL 9
Gary velletto 3 hr Uticasucks 1
Mac and cheese 4 hr B dawg 5
Utica Haters 4 hr On point 23
Yahnundasis in fantastic shape 10 hr And this 38
Bozo Show on WKTV (Mar '10) 17 hr line 45