Comments
1 - 20 of 39 Comments Last updated Feb 19, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Crooked

Columbus, OH

#1 Apr 5, 2013
This marina never stands by its word and the mechanics are not skilled. The over charge for everything. Can anyone recommend a good boat mechanic.
Maxum 2400scr

Wethersfield, CT

#2 Apr 5, 2013
Crooked wrote:
This marina never stands by its word and the mechanics are not skilled. The over charge for everything. Can anyone recommend a good boat mechanic.
Ron has always treated me well. I really don't know how anybody CAN'T be skilled in working on marine equipment as you either have a mercrusier or a Volvo Penta out drive. You have gm motors, chrysler or ford engines and thats it. No big mystery here. I'm sure with a little bit of experience one can be skilled at working on them.
Maxum 2400scr

Wethersfield, CT

#3 Apr 5, 2013
And one more thing: nobody on that lake has cheaper summer dockage than Ron.
Mayday mayday mayday

Wethersfield, CT

#4 Apr 5, 2013
He saved some guy who was sinking on the north shore 3-4 years ago. It was early April and nobody had their boats out and he was able to get one going to go rescue the guy.
Satified customer

Miami, FL

#5 Apr 6, 2013
Crooked wrote:
Joe cassano is a good mechanic and reasonable, he works over at Holmes marina. Go see him....
confused

Utica, NY

#6 Apr 6, 2013
been at the marina for years..i never had an issue with them at all..what they quote is what it is..maybe you just didnt understand that quote you idiot
Consumer

New York, NY

#7 Apr 7, 2013
confused wrote:
been at the marina for years..i never had an issue with them at all..what they quote is what it is..maybe you just didnt understand that quote you idiot
I was overcharged as well, next time i need work ill get multiple quotes in WRITING. Ronny is confused. He tells you one price (verbally). And its never the same as the final.
Lou

United States

#8 Apr 10, 2013
I've had my boat and waverunner stored at and serviced by this Marnia for several years. The service has been excellent and I've never had any problems.

I broke down once and they came and towed me right away. They always get me in and out of the water when I want it each season. I think they're great.

I would highly recommend then.
Utica

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Apr 10, 2013
We have docked our boat there for many years, had it worked on by the marina and had it stored there and we have never had any problems.
confused

Utica, NY

#10 Apr 11, 2013
when you get an estimate, it's exactly what it is..if you need additional parts that they can't visually see what would you want them to do..not install the parts that you twisted up? A very easy solution..take it someplace else, they really dont need your business
Whaler

Matawan, NJ

#11 Apr 11, 2013
Satified customer wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe cassano is a good mechanic and reasonable, he works over at Holmes marina. Go see him....
I use Joe Casano at Holmes marina, they have always been reasonable.

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

Rochester, NY

#12 Apr 11, 2013
Boat repair is expensive.It is not uncommon for repairs to go above the estimate in marine repair no matter where you go.Thats why most boaters eventually start doing their own repairs.
Puzzled

District Heights, MD

#13 Apr 13, 2013
confused wrote:
when you get an estimate, it's exactly what it is..if you need additional parts that they can't visually see what would you want them to do..not install the parts that you twisted up? A very easy solution..take it someplace else, they really dont need your business
Any suggestions?
Legalez

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Apr 14, 2013
First things first WHY did you pay? They did something you did not ask them to do. Shops just cant do something and tell you sign on the dotted line at the end. Thats what the little customer approval box is. Its your right to dispute something. If they refuse to release your boat call the cops and just wait tell them I told them to do x y and z and they wrote the alphabet and are now holding the boat till I pay chances are the shop will hand you the keys walk away with their tail between their legs and you can go on your merry way
confused

Utica, NY

#15 Apr 15, 2013
They ALWAYS call if you need further work. The origional poster either didnt understand the work order or is just creating crap about the marina. These people care about their customers !!!!
40chriscraft

United States

#16 Apr 18, 2013
Crooked wrote:
I understand you now thief....
420wellcraft

New York, NY

#17 Apr 23, 2013
Crooked wrote:
I brought my boat there to get winterized and shrink wrapped. My batteries were were a diiferent brand when i got it back
confused

Utica, NY

#19 Apr 24, 2013
yes, he works there and makes no decisions..why would that matter?
Santigo

Anonymous Proxy

#20 Apr 24, 2013
confused wrote:
yes, he works there and makes no decisions..why would that matter?
I hate thieves thats why. Crooks hang with crooks.
Bridgette

New York, NY

#21 Apr 29, 2013
This is the worst marina on the lake if you want a good Marina hit the east shore

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who was the chick a fuel bar having sex in the ... 6 min Shes disgusting 7
stem dean 17 min Bob 45
Where is samantha hazeltine hiding 28 min Jjj 2
NEGRO WOMEN make NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC WHITE WOME... 46 min BONENOSEPLATELIP 1
NEGRO is RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL CRIME IN ATLANTA J... 49 min STD CRIMINAL NEGRO 1
NEGROES proven HIGHEST CRIMINALS ON EARTH NON E... 57 min STD CRIMINAL NEGRO 1
THOUSANDS of BABIES RA PED IN AFRICA ALONG WITH... 59 min STD CRIMINAL NEGRO 2
New Hartford becoming Utica 1 hr Already left fool 21
utica aud 2 hr Apparently 139
What happened to dash cams UPD bought 5 years a... 3 hr Common Sense 16