Does Utica Realize...

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#1 Apr 16, 2013
...that they are the laughing stock of the rest of the state? Not just the city...but the region as a whole. Utica is the punch line in sitcoms. Lol. It's funny to read posters here trying to bash other regions but they seriously need to take a look at themselves. It's an economy right now in that region based off of social services and prisons. Those are the facts. Sad but true. A once nice area has gone to the dumps while the people who still reside in that area with money are investing in business elsewhere. Keep your chin up though. The EDGE program will come through for you! Lol
hank hill

Lansdale, PA

#2 Apr 16, 2013
Um, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't social services and prisons basiclly the same thing? About the only difference is you have to go to the grocery store, microwave dinner yourself and do laundry.
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#3 Apr 16, 2013
hank hill wrote:
Um, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't social services and prisons basiclly the same thing? About the only difference is you have to go to the grocery store, microwave dinner yourself and do laundry.
If you consider food stamps, welfare, unemployment, social security, etc. to be the same as people who support their families working in and around prisons...yeah I guess it's the same thing. Damn shame to, because there's money in that region...just too bad it isn't spent locally.
hank hill

Whitehall, PA

#4 Apr 16, 2013
Stanwix Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
If you consider food stamps, welfare, unemployment, social security, etc. to be the same as people who support their families working in and around prisons...yeah I guess it's the same thing. Damn shame to, because there's money in that region...just too bad it isn't spent locally.
not what I said, basiclly what I said was being in prison is about the same thing except on ss you have to go get your own food and do your own laundry.

I wasn't saying anything about the ppl who work there.
Stanwik Prison

United States

#5 Apr 16, 2013
I touch my dinky.

Level 8

Since: Jul 12

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Apr 16, 2013
Lol
Sam

Greig, NY

#7 Apr 16, 2013
Stanwix Prison wrote:
...that they are the laughing stock of the rest of the state? Not just the city...but the region as a whole. Utica is the punch line in sitcoms. Lol. It's funny to read posters here trying to bash other regions but they seriously need to take a look at themselves. It's an economy right now in that region based off of social services and prisons. Those are the facts. Sad but true. A once nice area has gone to the dumps while the people who still reside in that area with money are investing in business elsewhere. Keep your chin up though. The EDGE program will come through for you! Lol
This is nothing new, been the same for 18 years , closed one prison, big deal. This area would be much better off if their was no Refugee center. What does this place bring in Lots of people who need Welfare, food stamps, H.E.A.P. money, Great money that only a refugee can get,,, TAX DOLLARS.
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#9 Apr 16, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
This is nothing new, been the same for 18 years , closed one prison, big deal. This area would be much better off if their was no Refugee center. What does this place bring in Lots of people who need Welfare, food stamps, H.E.A.P. money, Great money that only a refugee can get,,, TAX DOLLARS.
Without those refugees utica would be a ghost town. I bet 2/3 of uticas population is a result of the refugee center.
hank hill

Akron, OH

#10 Apr 17, 2013
For fun wrote:
<quoted text>Then you missed the point of his post. The prison jobs are basically a form of welfare, just 2 notches up the totem poll. Takers are takers and makers are makers no matter how you dice it or what color state issued polyester shirt they wear. Green or grey it's still only 2 totem pole notches.
I wouldn't really consider their job to be any more like welfare than anyone else who works for a living. They earn their check by showing up every day, doing their job, and putting in their hrs like the rest of us that are employed, only most of the time the rest of us don't have to put up with a bunch of goons acting like animals.

Do you think its easy for a person to go into work to baby-sit pedophiles and murderers and not beat the shit out of them? Yeah, I know they signed up for it...
hank hill

Akron, OH

#12 Apr 17, 2013
Takers not makers wrote:
<quoted text>The difference is they are not producing anything. Even their taxes are just regurgitated taxes NYers paid. Nice try. People who MAKE and DESIGN and PRODUCE things have a slightly higher perspective when you consider the entitlement society's attitude, their scrub union dirtbag pigs. The endless self promotion. People are not blind.
Have you ever had to live in a neighborhood with any correctiontard families? They work half the year and sit on their porches waxing their bayliner mcboats the other half bragging about how they're out on comp. You either live in a dreamworld or you work there.
I don't work there or know anyone who does. Sorry I didn't realize babysitting societys scumbags wasn't worthy of being considered a job. Now that I know that I'm sure I'll be right beside you with my views about the employees.
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#13 Apr 17, 2013
The area is nothing more than a punch line. Sad but true.
Joe

Little Falls, NY

#14 Apr 17, 2013
hank hill wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't work there or know anyone who does. Sorry I didn't realize babysitting societys scumbags wasn't worthy of being considered a job. Now that I know that I'm sure I'll be right beside you with my views about the employees.
A lot of former convicts think its ok to get on here a bash the prison workers. It's crazy. These people are not locked up because they are good Americans. They are the scum of the earth and half you loud mouth phucks would shit your britches if you were alone in a room with any of them much less 60 to 1.
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#15 Apr 17, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of former convicts think its ok to get on here a bash the prison workers. It's crazy. These people are not locked up because they are good Americans. They are the scum of the earth and half you loud mouth phucks would shit your britches if you were alone in a room with any of them much less 60 to 1.
That's why these people are shipped to areas like utica. Keep them away from the rest of normal society.
hank hill

Akron, OH

#16 Apr 17, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
agreed. They have a job I know I wouldn't want.
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#17 Apr 17, 2013
hank hill wrote:
<quoted text>
agreed. They have a job I know I wouldn't want.
Who would want a sh it job like that. Anyone with half a brain and half of an education do not work at prisons.
hank hill

Akron, OH

#18 Apr 17, 2013
Stanwix Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would want a sh it job like that. Anyone with half a brain and half of an education do not work at prisons.
There are alot of shit jobs out there, someone has to do the dirty stuff. We can't all sell cars man, someone has to grow the produce, raise the animals, milk the cows, work in the grocery stores, take care of the old folks, clear the roads in the winter and repair them in the spring and summer, and someone has to babysit the lowlifes. Its how society, no matter where it is, functions, even in Clifton Park.
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#19 Apr 17, 2013
hank hill wrote:
<quoted text>
There are alot of shit jobs out there, someone has to do the dirty stuff. We can't all sell cars man, someone has to grow the produce, raise the animals, milk the cows, work in the grocery stores, take care of the old folks, clear the roads in the winter and repair them in the spring and summer, and someone has to babysit the lowlifes. Its how society, no matter where it is, functions, even in Clifton Park.
You're right. Those jobs are saved for people like the ones that still live in the utica area.

Level 8

Since: Jul 12

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Apr 17, 2013
hank hill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hank, he waxes cars not sells them. And he rides a Segway to work.
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#21 Apr 17, 2013
Marty Peppershorts wrote:
<quoted text>
You are certainly not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you Rome trash.
CLIFFYS BOYS

Ithaca, NY

#22 Apr 17, 2013
Marty Peppershorts wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen what happens to cliffs little swimmers when he looks at that, young boy's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Happy Utica Thanksgiving 2 min Roy Moore Pedo 2
Route 5 Relics/Re-Utilize CNY 2 min Mike 22
I Destroyed Sports at New Hartford. (Jun '14) 3 min oxford rd 69
Fox News Anchors 6 min Charly 10
Utica Area Business Venture Failures for 2017 24 min Rj nation contrac... 13
John bryant 1 hr Cindy 2
new downtown hospital 370 beds are you kidding me? 2 hr let it snow 95
Adult world 3 hr Missy 19
Twin Ponds shoot em up 6 hr Tito 45

Utica Jobs