Joe Tehans Furniture
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Known Ben from Dream City

United States

#22 Dec 6, 2008
for years, he used to be a housemate. I can say this about him, you will not come across a more honest and upfront individual. While we have not seen or spoken to each other for years, I continually recommend family, friends, co-workers, whoever, to visit his store. He has always treated everyone I have sent his way well, and always has given them the best price. I remember when he originally worked for that douchebag Carl at Affordable Furniture, I think it pissed him off so much with what that guy got away with, he knew if he struck out on his own, he could do it better, offer a better product, and create loyalty through great service. Is this a plug for Ben, hell yeah it is. He is a good dude!
The Truth

North Chili, NY

#23 Dec 6, 2008
I think his daughter Bernie is kinda sexy.
mara

Rome, NY

#24 Dec 8, 2008
Frank Rizzo wrote:
Raymour and Flanigan? You can't pick your nose in there without being attacked by a sales person. They are the most obnoxious store, HANDS DOWN, in this entire area.
I agree and their furniture is crap. we bought a sectional there and the damn thing was broken and after 3 attempts i gave up and turned them in to the BBB!
Haters

Auburn, NY

#25 Dec 8, 2008
They are the worst business to buy from. I would boycott them if I had the time. I bought a $2,000 living roomset from them and what an expereince that was.
steve

Oneida, NY

#26 Dec 8, 2008
Wondering wrote:
Huney Nuts etal - what do run a motel - If you bought a decent mattress it would last 15 -.> 20 years. You are buying junk or you are 105 years old. By the way I like Adirondack Furniture best but Joe's is good too.
I guess you only have one person in your house, or your whole family sleeps together.
something good

Pleasanton, CA

#27 Dec 8, 2008
I like their furniture I have always bought from them I went there to look at furniture over the weekend and they have this young girl working there she is very snotty and not well with customers if I am gonna buy furniture it wont be handled by her
FURNITURE GURU

Rome, NY

#28 Jan 11, 2009
mary wrote:
they have the same prices as raymour and flanigan i would go to raymour the people are so friendly and there protection plan is wayyyy better u dont have to call 20 people to get something fixed raymour does their own servicing.
You must be a real dum dum...I have priced and quality checked from little falls to Camden. Joe Tehans and Imex furniture stores are hands down the most cost affective and quality places. Every store has the same name brands just different prices. That is where the above has every other store beat. If you don't believe me next time you have to buy a piece of furniture don't be lazy and price check for a few days, before you shell out an extra $ 1,500.00. Trust me i walked into flanigan and liked a table there it cost $2100 then i go to Tehans same table same name brand and guess what it costs $750.00. enough said!!!
maureen

New York, NY

#29 Jan 11, 2009
if u do your homework, you'll find that raymours will match any price around. service means alot too. we almost bought from tehans, and glad we didn't. friends of ours could write a book on theri shitty service dept. instead we bought from raymours, dealt with guy named Rich. they beat the price on a sectional by $300.00, and when we needed them for service, they were so accomodating. the guy (Al)is also very nice. because of a mechanism that needed adjusting in one of the recliners, they sent us a $100.00 gift card. very happy so far with both sales and service!!
Sofa hog

Tully, NY

#30 Jan 11, 2009
That guy is still alive?
usedtobe

Fayetteville, NY

#31 Jan 12, 2009
mara wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree and their furniture is crap. we bought a sectional there and the damn thing was broken and after 3 attempts i gave up and turned them in to the BBB!
Agree!!My in laws bought a living room set and the couch pillows were all ripping with in a week. The dining room table chairs were all coming undone after about a month.
usedtobe

Fayetteville, NY

#32 Jan 12, 2009
I am talking about Raymour anmd Flannigan.
whitestown resident

Manlius, NY

#33 May 27, 2009
Went to buy a loveseat. Looked it over and when I lifted up the cushions there was dried up white fluids (milk?) under the cushions. Apparently they were trying to sell me a "return". Really pissed me off-walked out. Know a former employee of there: he states there are cockroaches in the storage room.....NICE!!!!
whitestown resident

Manlius, NY

#34 May 27, 2009
The above mention of the loveseat is about TAHAN'S
Euorgos

AOL

#35 May 27, 2009
I don't currently have a need to shop for furniture, but many freinds have recommended Joe Tahan's. When the need arises, I plan on going there. I have made purchases in the past from Raymour and Flannigan, and have had bad experiences with them both times. They absolutely will not stand behind their products. If you call them about any sort of problem, they don't want to hear about it and don't care. All of their salespeople are high pressure and only care about how much furniture they can sell you. I suggest anyone shopping for furniture to stay away from Paymour and F**kedagan furniture!
trousertrout

Manlius, NY

#36 Jun 1, 2009
Frank Rizzo wrote:
Raymour and Flanigan? You can't pick your nose in there without being attacked by a sales person. They are the most obnoxious store, HANDS DOWN, in this entire area.
why?do u pick your nose at jo tahans stay there then
Sky

Englewood, CO

#37 Jun 2, 2009
Frank Rizzo wrote:
"Paymore & Shannigans". Sale prices are phoney mark downs off "regular" prices which items are never sold for. They do have fast and convenitent delivery unlike old man Tehan who must order the furniture only after he sells it to you.
bills fan

Oneida, NY

#38 Nov 30, 2011
I have been purchasing furniture from Joe Tehans for years good price, service, delivery, set up, Carl is ok, bought a mattress at store & when I got to warehouse to pick it up it was not in stock, but he made good and gave me a upgrade that he had in stock, Raymours was a nightmare!!! I purchased a kitchen drop leaf set and the chairs started to fall apart just after warranty expired I was persistent and they finally replaced the chairs I had to wait months as they were lost in a warehouse then when I did get them I had to pick them up and they were replaced with cheap junk and were nothing like the originals, Big Lots has some good deals on mattress sets too.
lmao

Frankfort, NY

#39 Nov 30, 2011
FURNITURE GURU wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a real dum dum...I have priced and quality checked from little falls to Camden. Joe Tehans and Imex furniture stores are hands down the most cost affective and quality places. Every store has the same name brands just different prices. That is where the above has every other store beat. If you don't believe me next time you have to buy a piece of furniture don't be lazy and price check for a few days, before you shell out an extra $ 1,500.00. Trust me i walked into flanigan and liked a table there it cost $2100 then i go to Tehans same table same name brand and guess what it costs $750.00. enough said!!!
Wrong on so many fronts. Just because furniture looks the same doesnt mean it is
Bozo

AOL

#40 Nov 30, 2011
Wow! This thread ened on June 2, 2009! Now, within an hour we see 2 posts. I don't care for Al Tahan, his family, or his store, but, this sure sounds fishy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nicole Mazza 5 min Utica John Rico 3
Council samantha and mello testa 7 min The people of nor... 6
Kristen Copeland looked great tonight 31 min LQQK in good 1
Why is DA McNamara's office investigated for co... (Jul '16) 42 min Jim Martin Design... 136
Mario Pass Goes Postal Over Andrew Zimmern Visit 51 min Jim Martin Design... 3
Utica Common Council 1 hr Read This 65
Vaginatucci UNHINGED! 1 hr Jim Martin Design... 40
it is ONE person that posts all these bogus thr... 3 hr FlattenedVagVagin... 37
Slocum Urgent Care 5 hr agree 43

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages