utica, why are you incapable of elect...

utica, why are you incapable of electing competent people?

Posted in the Utica Forum

“Sup wit it.”

Since: Aug 07

Utica, New York

#1 Jan 13, 2009
Just wondering, we cant blame the politicians, because they will do what they can get away with. Why are Utican's incapable of voting for people that are competent? Or is that some people believe that utica is good shape and therefore not in need of change?

What is it? please tell me....

Since: Jan 09

Long Eddy, NY

#2 Jan 13, 2009
It is called the my "cousin Vinny effect" Hey my cousin is running for mayor vote for him.
Hob

Tully, NY

#3 Jan 13, 2009
It's a one-two mindfuok:

The Observer Dispatch, and to some degree, the tv/radio media has let us down. They force feed you who they are aligned with.

The politicians count on voter apathy and the poofy soundbites about "jobs" and "taxes".

The cycle can be sustained like a standing wave for decades. They support like-minded criminals. Self reinforcing in the cycles. The politcos enable crooked cops, DPW, FD. Here we are.

The founding Fathers never would have agreed with the types of career politicians we are hosting like parasites.

“Sup wit it.”

Since: Aug 07

Utica, New York

#4 Jan 13, 2009
I propose putting a 10 year hiatus on voting for anyone whose last name ends with a vowel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason "The Rat" Schultz 3 hr mike 4
lisa martin (Dec '09) 4 hr Waldo 6
Where can I buy a topay? 4 hr MrMagoo 1
orange SUV 5 hr PBA educated 1
Wicked the band (Jul '13) 6 hr Turbo 17
Affair outside bennu in whitesboro 6 hr UFD 31
Oh boy..... 7 hr Wander 1
Name A Hillary Clinton Accomplishment 9 hr Chicagoan by Birth 51
Mayors $20,000 raise 10 hr See Ya Later Pal 22
Easy bartenders 11 hr ROFL 12