YWCA Mohawk Valley Director of Non-Residential Crisis Services Rosemary Vennero

Posted in the Utica Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
HA HA

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 13, 2012
 
Is nothing more than a Man hater

Since: Jan 12

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Sounds like you need to grow a set, HA HA. Rosemary has been a leader in the domestic and sexual violence movement in this area for decades. It sounds like you are intimidated by her skills and have interpreted that as man hating.
Romans

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

She can't be any worse than the YWCA Board of Directors

Since: Jan 12

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

I am very concerned here that with recent events in our area, people are so focussed on name calling and finger pointing. Being an advocate for victims of domestic violence and sexual violence is a didficult job. People go into that line of work out of concern for all victims' safety, male or female. It is a stressful job and is tremendously underpaid. Advocates hear and see trauma all day, every day. They do the best they can to help survivors get safe and start on a path toward healing. There are people in the area that have dedicated their lives to making this world a safer place and until you are part of a team that helps people at their most tragic moments pick up the pieces...please don't reduce this incredibly rewarding type of work down to man hating. I have been blessed to have the opportunity to work with many survivors over the years and I admire the courage it takes for a male survivor to seek help. Advocates did not take on this notion of "man hating". As a member of this profession, I would like to let all of you know, that by perpetuating the stereotype of advocates being "man haters", you are stopping male victims from seeking out support. And, that person could be your son, your brother, your nephew, etc. Please stop the nonsense.
HMMMMM

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 23, 2012
 
Romans wrote:
She can't be any worse than the YWCA Board of Directors
Sounds like another pool zealot!! Are you the one who made the statement at the board meeting that the pool is more important than their domestic violence programs.
aquaitance

Enfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 23, 2012
 
She seems like a nice person to me. I wish her the best.
Seriously

Baldwinsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 24, 2012
 
HA HA wrote:
Is nothing more than a Man hater
Apparently written by a perp. Take a lesson from the Deerfield incident and get some help.
Concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 25, 2012
 
I work in crisis services and just so you know, sometimes I work with more males in a month than females. I work just as hard for them as I do for females. Domestic violence doesnt care what gender you are it can happen to anyone. You're harsh words are making it even more difficult for men to feel comfortable coming forward and requesting help.
Romans

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 26, 2012
 
Closing the pool was short sighted and unnecessary but the failure of the domestic violence programs is even more shameful for the Board of Directors. Time for a big shake up at the YWCA.
Utica

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 6, 2012
 
Romans wrote:
Closing the pool was short sighted and unnecessary but the failure of the domestic violence programs is even more shameful for the Board of Directors. Time for a big shake up at the YWCA.
I hear there is a shake up....people getting fired and demoted. The YWCA is disappearing and it is really too bad. It was a great asset to the community.
to nomeanno

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 9, 2012
 
nomeansno wrote:
I am very concerned here that with recent events in our area, people are so focussed on name calling and finger pointing. Being an advocate for victims of domestic violence and sexual violence is a didficult job. People go into that line of work out of concern for all victims' safety, male or female. It is a stressful job and is tremendously underpaid. Advocates hear and see trauma all day, every day. They do the best they can to help survivors get safe and start on a path toward healing. There are people in the area that have dedicated their lives to making this world a safer place and until you are part of a team that helps people at their most tragic moments pick up the pieces...please don't reduce this incredibly rewarding type of work down to man hating. I have been blessed to have the opportunity to work with many survivors over the years and I admire the courage it takes for a male survivor to seek help. Advocates did not take on this notion of "man hating". As a member of this profession, I would like to let all of you know, that by perpetuating the stereotype of advocates being "man haters", you are stopping male victims from seeking out support. And, that person could be your son, your brother, your nephew, etc. Please stop the nonsense.
Nomeansno, apparrently these non-profits who advocate for victims and survivors of domestic abuse are fairly elitist. I have been trying for years to volunteer or find employment in non-profits like YWCA because I am passionate about seeing an end to domestic abuse, but again and again I have been rejected. I can understand how hard your work is, but be thankful you have a rewarding job. Apparently, it is one that is too good for me.
We Can Hope

Camillus, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Utica wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear there is a shake up....people getting fired and demoted. The YWCA is disappearing and it is really too bad. It was a great asset to the community.
Maybe after the current foolishness runs it's course the community will find a away to get the old YWCA back, pool and all.
surprise

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 6, 2012
 
We Can Hope wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe after the current foolishness runs it's course the community will find a away to get the old YWCA back, pool and all.
that would be great but there is nothing left. someone will have their hands full cause brown lady threw it all away. what is her job now? nothing left

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

290 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tommy Artessa midget man 15 min Anthonysdays 5
What does Frank Meola's mom say about adultery? 18 min Cant help you 3
re /\|lGGERS USING URINE TO SHOWER LOVE SEWAGE 25 min wurz ave 13
Anthony Brindisi Jr. Drinking? 25 min Bobby Oliveira 3
Esche's AquaVino Restaurant- Dine by RAW SEWAGE... 37 min Mmmmmmm calories 23
Saving money 38 min Utica City School Dist 1
Fine Fecal Food via canal at AQUA VINO!! 40 min Mmmmmmm calories 2
Official: Goodbye Comets 1 hr AquaFeces on duh Canal 128
New Hartford High Rank dropped from 258 to 1023... 1 hr Raise Taxes 17
Radisson's Easter Dinner 1 hr China Mafia 36
Officer hit with frying pan 6 hr in the know 25
•••
•••
•••
Utica Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Utica Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••