marcy little league
Agree

Syracuse, NY

#21 Jul 17, 2010
MD Facts wrote:
Bryan, is that your real name?
I have avoided topix because I view it as waste of time and after it's all said and done, there's usually more said than there is done. Your reaction to "concerned"s simple question gives me some insight to the fact that your child must have experienced some perceived injustice. Is that correct? Please allow me to respond to some of your misconceptions.
MD has fielded 6 LL teams (with the exception of one year) for 15+ years.
MD went to the ML A/B format over 7 years ago and we have fielded 4 teams from the start. The idea was to give the kids that didn't make LL a more competetive exerience to better prepare them for LL the following year. In addidtion, we felt there were safety concerns in potentially fielding a 7 year old with an 11 year that didn't make LL and still had some power at the plate. Make sense?
W'town expressed an interest in playing MD Minor League because they didn't feel they had enough kids to support an A league their first year.
Were you there for the preliminary meeting? Do you know something I don't? It was a very positive year for all invloved. Please enjoy the rest of your summer. PS - If you'd like to discuss this in person, I'm sure you can find out when board meeting are and you're welcome to attend.
Great post! Whitestown would love to play MD also in Little League, it means more games for the kids to gear them up for Modified Ball. There is no rivalry between the two inside the coaches, the rivalry is outside the coaches and with the parents which is ridiculous. If the two leagues merge, which would make sense because they will be toghether in 7th grade. The great thing about it is that each league would have to pitch different kids, gaining more experience by playing 3 games per week instead of two games. In the two games per week, most coaches use their best pitchers each game. If you have three games in which one organization plays the other, there will be kids that gain the pitching experience in the regular season and will be ready for the All Star 'A' Tournament. Our organizations should reflect on making these kids better by playing each other during the regular season so that they gain this experience. Its all fun and for the kids to have them play each other, its bragging rights and builds relationships between the two outside of baseball. The true rivalry is between these two organizations and Utica and New Hartford. Can you imagine if Whitestown and Marcy-Deerfield decided to merge and make an A team, B Team and a C team??? They would be untouchable, so take the grace to realize that we are split to build the kids to baseball after LL and that we are gearing them up for Modified baseball. There is no rivalry, just a competitive game where kids play other kids that will be playing together next year in Modified. Be splitting we get to have the advantage of getting kids more playing time and non political. We have our hands ties behind our back after LL, lets make this fun and have great coaches on both sides bond together and prepare these boys for modified. We should gel and play each other next year. Have 12 games in each league against their own league and have 6 games against the other league. This way kids play 18 games vs 12 and get the chance to see where they stand due to both organizations will combine for modified baseball. The other organizations are lucky that our two teams do not combine, then every post on here will be that our two organizations have cheated or were unfair. It is what it is and LL is about development, so lets develop these boys and watch some High School baseball championships... Go MD and go whitestown, two very strong organizations...
baseball

Schenectady, NY

#22 Jul 22, 2010
This is the best post I have read in years. My son is on an "A" team from another little league but is probably not as good as he could be. See, I do not pitch 300+ to him each day or take him to special hitting camps, he just likes to play. The parents, coaches, umpires are all nuts in these leagues. They are living their youth again through the kids. This is why kids do'nt like baseball anymore, the adults take the fun out of it.
I bet wrote:
The BEST thing that could happen for the kids is for all of you so-called adults to go home. Let them choose up sides, let them play for gosh sakes. I grew up in the '40s and '50s and we only wanted you adults around to give us rides to neighboring villages for games. Once we got there, we could care less if you stuck around. We only wanted you to show back up to give us a ride home. No wonder the kids today are so screwed up, you guys are trying to live your youth through the kids. We weren't organized, but I bet we could out-play your adult-coached teams any day of the week. My most memorable game was against a LL team south of where I lived. We knew their pitcher couldn't field a bunt and most of us bunted right near him. We whaled the hell out of them and their adult coach went ballistic on us (we laughed about it all the way home).
Bryan

Utica, NY

#23 Jul 24, 2010
MD Facts wrote:
Bryan, is that your real name?
I have avoided topix because I view it as waste of time and after it's all said and done, there's usually more said than there is done. Your reaction to "concerned"s simple question gives me some insight to the fact that your child must have experienced some perceived injustice. Is that correct? Please allow me to respond to some of your misconceptions.
MD has fielded 6 LL teams (with the exception of one year) for 15+ years.
MD went to the ML A/B format over 7 years ago and we have fielded 4 teams from the start. The idea was to give the kids that didn't make LL a more competetive exerience to better prepare them for LL the following year. In addidtion, we felt there were safety concerns in potentially fielding a 7 year old with an 11 year that didn't make LL and still had some power at the plate. Make sense?
W'town expressed an interest in playing MD Minor League because they didn't feel they had enough kids to support an A league their first year.
Were you there for the preliminary meeting? Do you know something I don't? It was a very positive year for all invloved. Please enjoy the rest of your summer. PS - If you'd like to discuss this in person, I'm sure you can find out when board meeting are and you're welcome to attend.
Just another SPOUT-OFF. Mouthing silly protestations, unreliable facts, baseless garbage, and, showing your lack of knowledge about the subject. You might be in line for Topix poster of the week.
hey bryan

Utica, NY

#24 Jan 19, 2011
What do u think of the naturals 9u, 10u, 12u teams from whitestown? These are hand selected kids who play all winter and travel in the spring along with playing little league. Was your kid picked?
good post

Utica, NY

#25 Feb 9, 2011
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post! Whitestown would love to play MD also in Little League, it means more games for the kids to gear them up for Modified Ball. There is no rivalry between the two inside the coaches, the rivalry is outside the coaches and with the parents which is ridiculous. If the two leagues merge, which would make sense because they will be toghether in 7th grade. The great thing about it is that each league would have to pitch different kids, gaining more experience by playing 3 games per week instead of two games. In the two games per week, most coaches use their best pitchers each game. If you have three games in which one organization plays the other, there will be kids that gain the pitching experience in the regular season and will be ready for the All Star 'A' Tournament. Our organizations should reflect on making these kids better by playing each other during the regular season so that they gain this experience. Its all fun and for the kids to have them play each other, its bragging rights and builds relationships between the two outside of baseball. The true rivalry is between these two organizations and Utica and New Hartford. Can you imagine if Whitestown and Marcy-Deerfield decided to merge and make an A team, B Team and a C team??? They would be untouchable, so take the grace to realize that we are split to build the kids to baseball after LL and that we are gearing them up for Modified baseball. There is no rivalry, just a competitive game where kids play other kids that will be playing together next year in Modified. Be splitting we get to have the advantage of getting kids more playing time and non political. We have our hands ties behind our back after LL, lets make this fun and have great coaches on both sides bond together and prepare these boys for modified. We should gel and play each other next year. Have 12 games in each league against their own league and have 6 games against the other league. This way kids play 18 games vs 12 and get the chance to see where they stand due to both organizations will combine for modified baseball. The other organizations are lucky that our two teams do not combine, then every post on here will be that our two organizations have cheated or were unfair. It is what it is and LL is about development, so lets develop these boys and watch some High School baseball championships... Go MD and go whitestown, two very strong organizations...
ditto
bryan

Utica, NY

#26 Feb 12, 2011
hey bryan wrote:
What do u think of the naturals 9u, 10u, 12u teams from whitestown? These are hand selected kids who play all winter and travel in the spring along with playing little league. Was your kid picked?
You people are sick. You try to regain your youth through your kids. Let them be kids. You suck the life out of them, by making them do your bidding. Now you want to do it year round.
yeah

Utica, NY

#27 Feb 14, 2011
bryan wrote:
<quoted text>
You people are sick. You try to regain your youth through your kids. Let them be kids. You suck the life out of them, by making them do your bidding. Now you want to do it year round.
What is wrong with year round? They want to be there!!!! I know
most of the parents and they arent twisting their arms to play
baseball all winter. Its good for the kids. Sports ya know
also teaches discipline, respect, brings friends, etc. quit
knocking it Bryan
UnderCoverCop

Rome, NY

#28 Feb 14, 2011
My son is not from MD but no one from area was playing and he wanted to. He was placed on an MD team and has had the opportunity to meet new kids and have some new friends. He loves going. It is non-competative, each team plays a 5 or 6 inning game and they don't keep score. The kids run around, have fun and develope withoout knowing it. When spring time gets here they don't have to learn everyting crammed into two weeks before the season starts because of bad weather. My son loves baseball and begs to go. He however was asked to play on a travel team and he did not want to. I felt it would be great for him because of his ability but, I told him that it is up to him. I would never force my child to play a sport or do something he did not want to. He isn't from MD but was asked to play with some very good kids his age by MD. I thought that was a nice gesture. If a child truly loves a sport and is allowed to make his own decision there is nothing wrong with exposing him to what is available. When the season rolls around the majority of these kids tend to be more advanced than those that show up in the spring with parents that expect you to turn there Johnny into Micky Mantle when the kid has limited ability, limited interest and parents that don't care or work with them but are the first to complain that little Johnny is not an all star. Again, if parents do things for their children for the right reasons there is nothing wrong with that. I have seen the good as well as bad when a child is forced to do something they really don't want to do. "LET CHILDREN MAKE THE DECISION"
Mike

Dallas, TX

#29 Feb 14, 2011
You all have to remember that Marcy Deerfield LL is ran by a incapable president and treasure of the Marcy Deerfield association. They both try to coach a team so there kids can play. My son has made the all star team but because of personality conflict between me and them two they made sure they sat the kid that was the only one to hit off a fast pitcher and steal all the way to home! They both screamed at me the next practice and said they will play the bench my son card. What do you think about that. The pres and treasure taking something like that out on a ten year old little boy. He played the bare minimum that they had to play him except the last game when we were losing the game you know who they put in to make sure they got a hit and a base runner. Your right my son. I used to coach there but I won't be associated with anyone that would do that to a kid! I even went to the board but they sit on it so nothing will happen!
yes

Utica, NY

#30 Feb 15, 2011
Roger?
Jason

Utica, NY

#31 Feb 15, 2011
Roger who?
Mike

Baldwinsville, NY

#32 Feb 15, 2011
yup it is him definitely not out for the kids!!!
Bryan is a funny guy

Baldwinsville, NY

#33 Feb 17, 2011
Bryan, I bet you thought you had the last word back in July. Now you get sucked right back in, and invite the illiterate ramblings of Mike!
You must feel like Al Pacino in Godfather III.
MDYBA Board Member

Utica, NY

#34 Feb 17, 2011
Although Mike did address the board about his concerns we don't just sit on things. Coming to a meeting and demanding change without have a solution isn't going to solve anything. Let alone coming in hostile and angry... Maybe addressing the board as an adult and not a spoiled child would yeild you more satisfing results. We alway welcome new people to board, try running for a postion and becoming part of the solution not the problem.
concerned

Fulton, NY

#35 Feb 21, 2011
come on guys...you are better than this...
and no president should be bickering with disgruntaled parents on TOPIX....grow up...and find a more productive way of dealing with issues....you sound like a bunch of teenage boys!!
Mike

Baldwinsville, NY

#36 Feb 23, 2011
Well MDYBA Board member, It isn't the first time that the President has pull a stunt and nothing has been done about it now is it? Now not only is it a kids grandfather, it is a 10 year old kid!!!! One heck of a President you all stand behind. Put yourself in my shoes and see how you become when the treasure and the president do something like that to your kid. I know and understand that all these kids get rotated in and out of the game .(with the exception of a few) But to literally stand there and tell me in front of my kid that you will bench him and you will play that card and have the president right there backing him up. Thats absolutely wrong! The President should of said that we will not do that to the kid but we all know what we are dealing with there. Maybe the board should be standing up for the kid. I know if I was on the board and that was brought to my attention I would want it looked into and investigated more. But like everything else it just got brushed under the carpet. I don't have any problems with anyone on that board except for those two and it seems like I am not the only one.
Mike

Baldwinsville, NY

#37 Feb 24, 2011
I want to apologize to all the people who give their time for the sake of all our kids. I was wrong and stand corrected.
Mike

United States

#38 Feb 24, 2011
That's funny that's a different mike cause I know I have nothing to apologize for! I'm not wrong about a thing. But that was a good one whoever it is who doesn't have the balls to put their name down. Ha ha
Mike

Baldwinsville, NY

#39 Feb 24, 2011
I'm the real Mike and yes I am wrong. You are an Impostor.
Mike

United States

#40 Feb 24, 2011
Mike wrote:
I'm the real Mike and yes I am wrong. You are an Impostor.
Yea your real funny! Ha ha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Comets cecelie and rob 3 min player 3
Tenney 17 min Kansas 67
Done Wasting Time With Utica Topix 37 min RankStank 64
The U P D cover-up 1 hr StinkyStinkyJim 78
where did the jon brooks nazarite thread go? 1 hr tell me 1
is jon farley on life support? (Jan '14) 1 hr tell me 16
WUTQ changing format? 1 hr kelly 2
teddy talerico good hes dead 9 hr will help 39
What happened to Charlestown Outlet? (Apr '09) 10 hr SEAGIRL BIG TOP 57

Utica Jobs