State Trooper Poaching In City Of Utica

State Trooper Poaching In City Of Utica

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Citizen

Utica, NY

#1 Dec 1, 2012
Commonly referred to by police officers as "Shooting Fish In A Barrel". Numerous times during this past summer and again yesterday, 11/30/12, I have observed a state trooper staking out the East entrance/exit of the North Utica Plaza by Burger King. He tickets drivers making illegal left turns in and out. Granted, it is a ticketable offense, but isn't that what the Utica PD is for? Plus, Utica traffic court is held in the mornings during weekdays. The normal proceedure is for the court to summon the police officer on the scheduled appearance date, thereby boosting the officer's overtime at taxpayer's expense. Like he isn't earning enough already! It's one thing to take action when spotting something while on routine patrol, but to purposely stake it out in the city? I've sat in my car for 45 minutes at a time reading the paper and listening to the radio while my wife shops at Price Chopper, and watched as many as three motorists stopped during that time. If you search the history of the State Police, they were formed to be a police agency for rural areas of the state, not within cities that have their own police agency. And the "Marcy Matters", Town of Marcy news brochure just arrived in yesterday's mail telling how numerous vehicles have been broken into in the Town of Marcy. Perhaps if this trooper wasn't so busy poaching in the City of Utica to boost his traffic ticket totals and overtime pay, he could be patrolling in the area townships where he's supposed to be, and maybe preventing ACTUAL CRIMES there!!! Well done trooper!!!!!
usa

Framingham, MA

#2 Dec 1, 2012
He tells the people he stops that he was advised by the shopping plaza to be there. For that I wouldnt shop at that price chopper mall. Screw them if they want my business. He must be a little man to lie like that when he issues a ticket. Why doesent he really go solve some real crime. I could see if he stumbled upon a violation but to be as lazy as they come and sit there ,what a waste of manpower.KEEP THE RURAL BURGLARIES COMMING.
yeah and

Somerville, MA

#3 Dec 1, 2012
First a trooper can go anywhere he wants and second don't do anything wrong you have nothing to worry about. Why would him being there concern you?
rich

Framingham, MA

#4 Dec 1, 2012
He goes where his bosses tell him not anywhere HE wants plus years ago they didnt come into Utica unless they were asked by the chief. Dont these traffic cops have enough to do on the thruway with people going 90 MPH.
tom

Framingham, MA

#5 Dec 1, 2012
I stopped shopping at price Chopper because of him. Hope the big shots a price Chopper get the message. He is hurting business even though he doesent know it. There are some people that may have an expired inspection sticker or something minor who wont go up there .Some people are hurting and dont make 80000 a year like him and may be late on a sticker . Price Chopper is definately loosing business because of him. Good for them and I will shop at walmart where cops dont hide in the corner to nail me.
Really

United States

#6 Dec 1, 2012
I love approaching them when I see them harassing others. I pull up and roll my window down and spend about 10 minutes asking directions to someplace far away. They hate this. Then I'll ask them about their car, job etc....just engage them in useless banter. It's a blast testing their limited intellectual capacity. Then you hit em with, don't I know you from somewhere. By then, they can't wait for you to leave and they often say they have to go. Try it and laugh.
U mean

United States

#8 Dec 1, 2012
yeah and wrote:
First a trooper can go anywhere he wants and second don't do anything wrong you have nothing to worry about. Why would him being there concern you?
You mean parasite thieves justifying their herodom by robbing and ripping off hardworking mothers and fathers in your community doesn't bother you? You actually still trust what these people do say and represent? Really?

In the state that leads the pack with regard to failed policy, and utter all around failure at every turn, MOST OF ALL ACCOUNTABILITY you sure come off as a trusting soul don't you? These people are armed thugs and lying thieves pure and simple. By their priorities alone you can always see what a sham they have become. Do you get newspapers there or no?
Not a Fan

Gouverneur, NY

#9 Dec 2, 2012
2 out of the 3 exit/entrances at the N Utica shopping center are so badly designed that I avoid them completely. Were they TRYING to keep customers away or what? As for the trooper on trafic patrol, tax payers are getting ripped off by these over paid yahoos. They should be out handling serious issues, not writing rinky dink tickets, not sitting in schools as "resource officers, and not as "information" officers. They lowered their standards many years ago and it really shows.
fat cops

Utica, NY

#10 Dec 2, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Commonly referred to by police officers as "Shooting Fish In A Barrel". Numerous times during this past summer and again yesterday, 11/30/12, I have observed a state trooper staking out the East entrance/exit of the North Utica Plaza by Burger King. He tickets drivers making illegal left turns in and out. Granted, it is a ticketable offense, but isn't that what the Utica PD is for? Plus, Utica traffic court is held in the mornings during weekdays. The normal proceedure is for the court to summon the police officer on the scheduled appearance date, thereby boosting the officer's overtime at taxpayer's expense. Like he isn't earning enough already! It's one thing to take action when spotting something while on routine patrol, but to purposely stake it out in the city? I've sat in my car for 45 minutes at a time reading the paper and listening to the radio while my wife shops at Price Chopper, and watched as many as three motorists stopped during that time. If you search the history of the State Police, they were formed to be a police agency for rural areas of the state, not within cities that have their own police agency. And the "Marcy Matters", Town of Marcy news brochure just arrived in yesterday's mail telling how numerous vehicles have been broken into in the Town of Marcy. Perhaps if this trooper wasn't so busy poaching in the City of Utica to boost his traffic ticket totals and overtime pay, he could be patrolling in the area townships where he's supposed to be, and maybe preventing ACTUAL CRIMES there!!! Well done trooper!!!!!
Patroling would be too much work, they like the easy way out, just sit and write tickets over there! they like overtime pay and little work, face it they suck
price chopper sucks

Utica, NY

#11 Dec 2, 2012
tom wrote:
I stopped shopping at price Chopper because of him. Hope the big shots a price Chopper get the message. He is hurting business even though he doesent know it. There are some people that may have an expired inspection sticker or something minor who wont go up there .Some people are hurting and dont make 80000 a year like him and may be late on a sticker . Price Chopper is definately loosing business because of him. Good for them and I will shop at walmart where cops dont hide in the corner to nail me.
I think they are also losing business by throwing Centro out of there, now the people(many elderly and handicapped) have to walk way up to Herkimer road to catch the bus, this only hurts the little people who cant afford a car or a taxi. Thats the first time any business EVER asked Centro to leave.
another dikhead

Utica, NY

#12 Dec 2, 2012
Really wrote:
I love approaching them when I see them harassing others. I pull up and roll my window down and spend about 10 minutes asking directions to someplace far away. They hate this. Then I'll ask them about their car, job etc....just engage them in useless banter. It's a blast testing their limited intellectual capacity. Then you hit em with, don't I know you from somewhere. By then, they can't wait for you to leave and they often say they have to go. Try it and laugh.
Gee I wonder how they deal with someone so intelligent as you LOL!! If you had a job you wouldnt have time for such nonsense! I heard fast trac is hiring they need someone to clean the toilets, maybe you should apply so then you woudlnt have so much time on your hands loser.
state police

Utica, NY

#13 Dec 2, 2012
Not a Fan wrote:
2 out of the 3 exit/entrances at the N Utica shopping center are so badly designed that I avoid them completely. Were they TRYING to keep customers away or what? As for the trooper on trafic patrol, tax payers are getting ripped off by these over paid yahoos. They should be out handling serious issues, not writing rinky dink tickets, not sitting in schools as "resource officers, and not as "information" officers. They lowered their standards many years ago and it really shows.
They sure have lowered their standards, this is so true!My inspection sticker was expired by 3 days just recently, It was a Sunday and I got pulled over in West Utica on Whitesboro St by a State Trooper, I explained to him that I was going to the garage the next day to get the car inspected and he said too bad! He gave me a ticket and my fine was $190 that is inculding the surcharge. Now I know some a hole is going to say it was my fault and yes it was, but I had no choice I was driving home from work so I took a chance, but what the hell is a trooper doing on whitesboro st writing tickets, doesnt he have some other more important things to be doing?
Brainwashed Purple Tie

Bristol, CT

#14 Dec 2, 2012
yeah and wrote:
First a trooper can go anywhere he wants and second don't do anything wrong you have nothing to worry about. Why would him being there concern you?
Yeah and that is what the drunk off duty one did when he broke into that house and assaulted the residents ! NYSP should be so proud !!!!!! They should be confined to the NYS Thruway doing what they do best at writing tickets , overpaid meter maids!
Tpr Meekminded

Manlius, NY

#15 Dec 2, 2012
I love giving tickets out to the good people of S Utica after resting at home a bit. Always wanted to be in the UPD and now I kinda am.
I see angry cops again

United States

#16 Dec 2, 2012
Wow how original! A "Fastrack job" joke! Here we go! Noame calling and infantile tantrums, and juvenile attempts at local poverty level humor! Why is it that INVARIABLY, any time someone points out that the police are a pack of leeches anymore these dys some nitwit ranty little pink-panty bitch come up crying making excuses and distrations? I thought that post was funny. Boo hoo you!
another dikhead wrote:
<quoted text>Gee I wonder how they deal with someone so intelligent as you LOL!! If you had a job you wouldnt have time for such nonsense! I heard fast trac is hiring they need someone to clean the toilets, maybe you should apply so then you woudlnt have so much time on your hands loser.
tom

Framingham, MA

#17 Dec 2, 2012
everyone should complain to the corporate office of price chopper that they are being trapped when they shop there and they are going to shop at walmart or somewhere else. A few phone calls from the big wigs of corporate to some politician and that stupidity will stop.I am really ashamed that the police who are nothing but public servents overpaid by hardworking taxpayer money stoop so low as to sit in some shopping plaza and treat people like that. So what if someone makes a turn there if no one is around ,surely there are some other serious things to attend to.If there was such a hazard why didnt I ever hear of the many accidents at that location,probably because there were none.
What a Waste

Gouverneur, NY

#18 Dec 2, 2012
tom wrote:
everyone should complain to the corporate office of price chopper that they are being trapped when they shop there and they are going to shop at walmart or somewhere else. A few phone calls from the big wigs of corporate to some politician and that stupidity will stop.I am really ashamed that the police who are nothing but public servents overpaid by hardworking taxpayer money stoop so low as to sit in some shopping plaza and treat people like that. So what if someone makes a turn there if no one is around ,surely there are some other serious things to attend to.If there was such a hazard why didnt I ever hear of the many accidents at that location,probably because there were none.
You have completely missed the point. The issue is, why are NYS tax payers paying some lazy State Trooper at least $85,000 a year to sit in a city shopping center and give out tickets. Everyone agrees that the shopping center entrances are totally screwed up but if you don't like a law, you change it, you don't just ignore it. People making illegal turns should get tickets but don't we have a Utica traffic patrol for that?
wrong answer

Utica, NY

#19 Dec 2, 2012
yeah and wrote:
First a trooper can go anywhere he wants and second don't do anything wrong you have nothing to worry about. Why would him being there concern you?
No they can not go where they want! Is he sitting on privet property? Does he have permission to be there? If not challenge it in court! They have no rights any different than anyone else, they just think they are above the law!!
Read Original Post

Utica, NY

#20 Dec 2, 2012
yeah and wrote:
First a trooper can go anywhere he wants and second don't do anything wrong you have nothing to worry about. Why would him being there concern you?
A trooper can go anywhere he wants within reason, except that when they go on duty, they are responsible for a specific geographical area, referred to as a POST. He is responsible to handle every complaint and accident within his POST, during his tour of duty, unless tied up. The CITY OF UTICA is NOT, I repeat, NOT on any state police post for the Marcy barracks, which is responsible for this area. He is there only to boost his amount of tickets and overtime. If he was concerned about safety, there are plenty of high accident areas he could concentrate on. He is not fully doing his job by writing tickets in the City of Utica, especially when there is a Utica Police Department. He is poaching, the same as a hunter standing at a known deer crossing waiting for deer. Ony problem is, while he is boosting his personal totals, crime is running rampant in the suburbs where he is supposed to be. That is why his being there is a concern. Do you not comprehend what you read? If you lived in a rural area and had something happen that could have been prevented, had this poacher been where he is being paid to be, then you would have concern also.
wannabe cop

Utica, NY

#21 Dec 2, 2012
I see angry cops again wrote:
Wow how original! A "Fastrack job" joke! Here we go! Noame calling and infantile tantrums, and juvenile attempts at local poverty level humor! Why is it that INVARIABLY, any time someone points out that the police are a pack of leeches anymore these dys some nitwit ranty little pink-panty bitch come up crying making excuses and distrations? I thought that post was funny. Boo hoo you!<quoted text>
I think burger king is also hiring, if you dont qualify for fast track maybe burger king could use a good toilet cleaner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Changed Name From Passalina To Vertucci Abuse C... 3 min Mario Vertucci 1
homosexual defends ME mudshark punk VERTUCCI 5 min Mario Vertucci 2
The Failure Vagatucci 7 min Mario Vertucci 21
when they WORKED FOR FREE FOOD 0-------< 8 min Mario Vertucci 23
Mario Pass Goes Postal Over Andrew Zimmern Visit 9 min Mario Vertucci 28
Slocum Urgent Care 11 min Mario Vertucci 60
Pretending To Be Little Girls is My Homosexual ... 12 min Mario Vertucci 1
Swingers in Utica (Oct '12) 6 hr Fun times 42
Utica Common Council 7 hr Taxpayer Revolt 99
UPD officer punched bar owner while off duty (Feb '12) 9 hr your mother 29

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages