St. Elizabeth's Death Case
Tony

Fayetteville, NY

#28 Feb 7, 2013
I found the link from the OD.

http://www.uticaod.com/latestnews/x1146193187...
daaaaady

Windsor, CT

#29 Feb 7, 2013
Ambulance Chasers wrote:
<quoted text> Did he have a auto accident or did you push him down the stairs ????
Better re-open the investigation on how he was injured.
Gross incompetence from a drunk Dr killed him
dog

Utica, NY

#30 Feb 7, 2013
Who are the doctor's involved? If Dr. Chafe is, its not his first incident...he is a horrible doctor who played a huge role in the death of a family member. Never ever ever let him treat you medically,let alone talk to you. He once was a good doctor who got too big, greedy, arrogant, and careless because he rushes everything including the value of life.
SecretDecoderRin g

Dallas, TX

#32 Feb 8, 2013
What's the story with this secret recording? It must be pretty Juicy!!!!
dog

Utica, NY

#33 Feb 9, 2013
What a shame that this doctors have a license to do whatever they want and cover up for each other.

As far as for integrity this man has none.
too many times

Whitesboro, NY

#34 Feb 9, 2013
st e's has been sued many times and have quietly settled. my relative was the head rn back in the 70's. a patient went into the emergency room complaining of chest pains. no on attended to them. when they finally did check the patient out, dead in the chair. they were sued and lost.
Bastat

Utica, NY

#35 Feb 9, 2013
dog wrote:
Who are the doctor's involved? If Dr. Chafe is, its not his first incident...he is a horrible doctor who played a huge role in the death of a family member. Never ever ever let him treat you medically,let alone talk to you. He once was a good doctor who got too big, greedy, arrogant, and careless because he rushes everything including the value of life.
Shame on you. The only involvement that Dr. Chahfe had in this whole ordeal is that he is a friend of the Karam's, was especially close with the deceased Tony Karam. Dr. Chahfe has a heart of gold and I doubt that sole blame, if any can be put on his shoulders in the unfortunate death of your family member. Maybe he's loud, maybe he appears arrogant but he is an excellent person and an excellent physician.
The Gulity Speak

Utica, NY

#36 Feb 9, 2013
Bastat...your man has a guilty conscience if he really has one???... Tell us what the tape was all about... who is he talking about...come on !!
Sandi

New York, NY

#37 Feb 9, 2013
Dr. Chahfe is an excellent physician and a good person. These stories are sad. He has performed thousands and thousands of needed surgeries. He saves lives!! There is no one I would go to over him. He is in the top 1% of Doctors in the United States. We are lucky to have him in our area. Stop listening to BS!!!
Bastat

Utica, NY

#38 Feb 9, 2013
The family of Tony Karam, well after Tony's death went to Chahfe's office under the false pretense that they wanted to mend their relationship with Dr. El Khoury(another innocent bystander who got dragged into this soap opera) They went to his office in a kniving way, talked about numerous things and that was that. He felt he was talking to his deceased friend's family in a normal, friendly way. Not a back handed way. Tony Karam is probably turning in his grave with what his family is pulling now. The two Dr.'s actually involved in Mr. Karams care were Dr. Page (ER) and Dr. Rusnyiak (Neuro)PERIOD! If anyone is at fault it would be Neuro, considering he was on call and out of town, not Dr. Page. Family was offered a settlement from Neuro and they refused, went to trial, they lost. And FYI, the poor man slipped on ice and hit his head.Any more questions?
Dr R

Westwood, MA

#39 Feb 9, 2013
Was an excellent surgeon. Things like this happen and it's not always the doctor's fault . He was vindicated in court. He always felt that he could have done more to save this man, and stopped practicing medicine soon after. He's a good man
Habib

Little Falls, NY

#40 Feb 9, 2013
Sandi wrote:
Dr. Chahfe is an excellent physician and a good person. These stories are sad. He has performed thousands and thousands of needed surgeries. He saves lives!! There is no one I would go to over him. He is in the top 1% of Doctors in the United States. We are lucky to have him in our area. Stop listening to BS!!!
And thousands that were not needed. He is all about how much money he can make and could care less about the patients. Nothing but a loud mouth know it all..
Har

West Hartford, CT

#41 Feb 9, 2013
too many times wrote:
st e's has been sued many times and have quietly settled. my relative was the head rn back in the 70's. a patient went into the emergency room complaining of chest pains. no on attended to them. when they finally did check the patient out, dead in the chair. they were sued and lost.
Wow that's some real juicy gossip.......from 40 years ago.
Bastat

Utica, NY

#42 Feb 9, 2013
Habib wrote:
<quoted text>And thousands that were not needed. He is all about how much money he can make and could care less about the patients. Nothing but a loud mouth know it all..
And your Medical degree is from where....Google???
Nurse 2

Utica, NY

#43 Feb 9, 2013
Every hospital has umpteen lawsuits going on at any given time. St Luke's, upstate, and any other hospital all have lawsuits. Some are legitimate but most are by people looking for free money. Hospitals are so cluttered with drug addicts looking for free narcotics and alcoholics detoxing for the 5000th time that it takes away time from people who really need it. Half the people that come in have "abdominal pain" and they all are allergic to everything but dilaudid. Really?? Don't worry. When the government gets its way, the hospitals will all be bankrupt and closed and no one will have to worry about being killed in one.
dog

Utica, NY

#44 Feb 9, 2013
My info about Er. Chafe has nothing to do with this case. I stated at one point he was a good docotor, but in my situation he rushd and misread a report causing my family member to die, when if he took his time things wouldn't have been overlooked, proper treatment would have been given, and they would still be here.

We never tried to sue, no money would ever compare to the loss we have experienced. I have no shame in my statement.

If you feel confident in him, so be it, but if any major health concerns arise...please consideir a second opinion ...
no mo

Enfield, CT

#45 Feb 10, 2013
Did his wife run out of money and thats why they're suing? Maybe she should get a job.
All knowing

Syracuse, NY

#46 Feb 10, 2013
If it happened at St. E' s. all medical records when requested will disappear and the ones they get are all rewritten It happens all the time. Not just there either. Every hospital does it. They all lie. They all protect each other also.
former aid

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#47 Feb 11, 2013
Yes his wife is a big spender and is looking for an easy buck however she can getit. she is very good friends with Chafee and will do whatever she can to get a settlement. Good luck Mrs. Karam
Really

Utica, NY

#48 Feb 12, 2013
former aid wrote:
Yes his wife is a big spender and is looking for an easy buck however she can getit. she is very good friends with Chafee and will do whatever she can to get a settlement. Good luck Mrs. Karam
Actually, Chahfe was good friends with Tony, not his wife. Especially now since they were underhanded.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does Kristin Copeland wear black pants ever... 15 min Geronimo 11
News Understanding the Adirondack Scenic Railroad co... (Mar '14) 17 min My take 87
Doyle Hardware 21 min dean 9
Claudia Tenney is a disappointment 25 min A Voter 36
don shipman (Feb '11) 27 min Da Judge 41
95 Westmoreland Street 1 hr Donny 4
Tree removal (Aug '11) 2 hr Jessie Harrison 23
Pat Collea Poo-Pooed??? 3 hr shame two times 10
Michele Gulla ? Sun Big Mouth 38
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages