Report: Vancouver Canucks Farm Team Will Be in Abbotsford Next Season

Mar 18, 2013 Full story: thecanuckway.com 38

The Vancouver Canucks farm team will be in Abbotsford beginning next season, according to a report from the Sport Market's Tom Mayenknecht.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Schenectady, NY

#1 Mar 19, 2013
OH MY GOD! You mean I couldn't possibly have been telling the truth!
UTC34

New Hartford, NY

#2 Mar 19, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
OH MY GOD! You mean I couldn't possibly have been telling the truth!
13 hours of bliss, the windbag trash Cretin is back. Thanks for SingTFU for a little while trash.
logical

Yorkville, NY

#4 Mar 19, 2013
dont believe the hype wrote:
According to the article:
"The rumours of the Heat moving to Utica surfaced last month after a report appeared in the Utica Observer-Dispatch saying the city had reached a ten-year deal with the Flames for relocation. The Flames denied a deal was made and said they were 'under contract and committed' to the city of Abbotsford."
I guess this means Utica will not be getting an AHL farm team.
Agree...or at least this seams more logical

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Schenectady, NY

#5 Mar 19, 2013
UTC34 wrote:
<quoted text>
13 hours of bliss, the windbag trash Cretin is back. Thanks for SingTFU for a little while trash.
So will you be going to the games whitesboro trash?

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Schenectady, NY

#6 Mar 19, 2013
Bump for the non believers.

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Schenectady, NY

#8 Mar 19, 2013
Bump just in case you missed it.

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Schenectady, NY

#9 Mar 19, 2013
I'm happy for the respectable people of the utica region this is happening for you. The trash will remain to be trash. They couldn't afford cab fare anyway so screw em.
IDK

Yorkville, NY

#10 Mar 20, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
I'm happy for the respectable people of the utica region this is happening for you. The trash will remain to be trash. They couldn't afford cab fare anyway so screw em.
I don't know man - would like to believe you and enjoy the team but I haven't seen ANY news regarding this besides the topics here on Topix. No disrespect, but that's no proof. With the AHL season beginning just 6 months away I think the general public around here would NEED to know about this well in advance, especially for marketing purposes I would think (as season ticket holders will be key).

I have heard somewhere on here that the Heat's AHL season must first come to an end before announcement. Although that makes sense, heir season doesn't end for another 3-4 weeks, and hat's assuming they don't make the playoffs, which they could possibly do down the stretch.
IDK

Yorkville, NY

#11 Mar 20, 2013
IDK wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know man - would like to believe you and enjoy the team but I haven't seen ANY news regarding this besides the topics here on Topix. No disrespect, but that's no proof. With the AHL season beginning just 6 months away I think the general public around here would NEED to know about this well in advance, especially for marketing purposes I would think (as season ticket holders will be key).
I have heard somewhere on here that the Heat's AHL season must first come to an end before announcement. Although that makes sense, heir season doesn't end for another 3-4 weeks, and hat's assuming they don't make the playoffs, which they could possibly do down the stretch.
Ya gotta point about the timeframe - I actually asked a few relatives that reside just outside of Vancouver (east side) and they have heard nothing on the move, but of course I'm assuming the team-that's-moving's city would naturally here LESS than the city that's accepting. We shall see!
Orange

Yorkville, NY

#12 Mar 20, 2013
IDK wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya gotta point about the timeframe - I actually asked a few relatives that reside just outside of Vancouver (east side) and they have heard nothing on the move, but of course I'm assuming the team-that's-moving's city would naturally here LESS than the city that's accepting. We shall see!
Maybe we're waiting till the Orange get eliminated first to grab more attention in the OD headlines????

Hahah! Hint-Hint!

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Schenectady, NY

#13 Mar 20, 2013
IDK wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know man - would like to believe you and enjoy the team but I haven't seen ANY news regarding this besides the topics here on Topix. No disrespect, but that's no proof. With the AHL season beginning just 6 months away I think the general public around here would NEED to know about this well in advance, especially for marketing purposes I would think (as season ticket holders will be key).
I have heard somewhere on here that the Heat's AHL season must first come to an end before announcement. Although that makes sense, heir season doesn't end for another 3-4 weeks, and hat's assuming they don't make the playoffs, which they could possibly do down the stretch.
Did you read the article in the first post?
Utica34

Utica, NY

#14 Mar 20, 2013
You should hear mom say Canucks with me in her mouth, so funny.

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Schenectady, NY

#15 Mar 20, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
You should hear mom say Canucks with me in her mouth, so funny.
Whitesboro trash.
jack

New Hartford, NY

#16 Mar 20, 2013
dont believe the hype wrote:
According to the article:
"The rumours of the Heat moving to Utica surfaced last month after a report appeared in the Utica Observer-Dispatch saying the city had reached a ten-year deal with the Flames for relocation. The Flames denied a deal was made and said they were 'under contract and committed' to the city of Abbotsford."
I guess this means Utica will not be getting an AHL farm team.
yea,if you read the complete article it states that Abbottsford is staying put,but not going to be Calgary's team.Calgary is moving their AHL team to Utica,ny

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Schenectady, NY

#17 Mar 20, 2013
jack wrote:
<quoted text>yea,if you read the complete article it states that Abbottsford is staying put,but not going to be Calgary's team.Calgary is moving their AHL team to Utica,ny
Simpletons can't understand.
Utica34

Utica, NY

#18 Mar 20, 2013
With me and 5 other men in, so funny.

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Schenectady, NY

#19 Mar 20, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
With me and 5 other men in, so funny.
Whitesboro trash.
Utica34

Utica, NY

#20 Mar 20, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read the article in the first post?
One super mask is what i need when washing mom, now stench burning my eyes.
Its NOT happening guys

Yorkville, NY

#22 Mar 20, 2013
It's NOT happening guys
Ootica Goombah Paisano

Rochester, NY

#23 Mar 20, 2013
Utica Flamers?
Utica Greens?
Utica Ooticans?(claim it's an Iroquois word)

What will the nickname be? start a contest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More money for the Auditorium... 7 min He is confused 365
Proctor football suxs, just like Utica 21 min sisteract 3
utica national (Jun '13) 22 min Jethro 559
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 24 min Doug77 5,658
Uticans Say This A lot 32 min Lets play fair now 11
DON'T Send Children to Utica College 46 min Pathetic 114
whitesboro draft 56 min tell me more 1
Lou LaPolla Rest In Peace 1 hr Weekend at Bernies 7
Westmoreland Rd Elementary School Whitesboro - ... 1 hr losers 67
yanadasis closes club house 3 hr New Hartford Powe... 29
Koguts suing SUNY Brockport 19 hr knowing 21
NH new AD, you blew it already. 20 hr dickslap 13
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••