Contract with UPD show up pay

Posted in the Utica Forum

wrong

Utica, NY

#1 Feb 22, 2013
was this contract signed by a mayor or the whole counsil ? who agreed to this contract because we all know mayors do what they want and executive order sign crap ,, i never seen a news release of this deal and the city never told the public about this deal coming to fruit so the public can go and speak on the deal if anything the UPD owes the tax payers the money back because the public was never notifyed ,,,, can i buy a period
Lol

Camillus, NY

#2 Feb 22, 2013
This is roll call pay which every city has a roll call. Utica is trying to be one of the first to not practice this which has gone on for over 70 years in just about every police department so idk why everyone thinks upd are robbing from the public. There is no city or corrections facility that does not have roll call. It's even in movies and the tv show cops. Rob Palmeri is trying to call it show up pay like its free money which is wrong and it is up to each person to judge what they think but to suggest that the upd is just getting free money is not the case.
comon

Utica, NY

#3 Feb 22, 2013
Lol wrote:
This is roll call pay which every city has a roll call. Utica is trying to be one of the first to not practice this which has gone on for over 70 years in just about every police department so idk why everyone thinks upd are robbing from the public. There is no city or corrections facility that does not have roll call. It's even in movies and the tv show cops. Rob Palmeri is trying to call it show up pay like its free money which is wrong and it is up to each person to judge what they think but to suggest that the upd is just getting free money is not the case.
well i guess they are not asking them to show up early anymore they just want them on time DUH also times have changed we have computers and the officers know how to turn them on and check the up dates
UPD bankrupts Utica

United States

#4 Feb 23, 2013
It was NOT signed for by the TAXPAYERS. Cut all UPD pay in half and they would still be over paid.
Ford Taurus

Utica, NY

#5 Feb 23, 2013
comon wrote:
<quoted text>well i guess they are not asking them to show up early anymore they just want them on time DUH also times have changed we have computers and the officers know how to turn them on and check the up dates
I do show on time, and according to my contract that means 15 minutes before my shift starts. So I'm going tlo keep getting paid for it and no tantrum throwing mayor is going to take it away, give up your car first mayor!
Not again

New Hartford, NY

#8 Feb 23, 2013
Lol wrote:
Check out your facts moron, most municipalities have stopped show up early pay, and I work in the prison system.... There is no show up pay. Whoever the Utica cop is that wrote this BS really needs to do his job and quit wasting shift time online.
Funny face

Utica, NY

#9 Feb 23, 2013
Not again wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out your facts moron, most municipalities have stopped show up early pay, and I work in the prison system.... There is no show up pay. Whoever the Utica cop is that wrote this BS really needs to do his job and quit wasting shift time online.
Hey ass hat. Prison gaurds get line up pay. Stop talking out of your poop Shute.
Spud lover

Utica, NY

#10 Feb 23, 2013
Keep it simple,just cut pay and benefits by 20% and see who quits.
not

New Hartford, NY

#11 Feb 23, 2013
and they wud still make more money then most of the private sector... i say 35% cut across the board and they can keep the health benefits.. thats the mayor all the way down. if your a civil sevant you should not make double the average sector...
comon

Utica, NY

#12 Feb 23, 2013
how about this bomb shell ... the show up pay is calculated with the pension when they retire ? why would they need show up pay when they are retired ? how many officers retired with this perk being included in the pension how many thousands is this
comon

Utica, NY

#13 Feb 23, 2013
also UPD says its a contract but when officers dont show up 15 min early then thats a break in a contract ? that wasnt even approved by the city counsel
Upd

Camillus, NY

#14 Feb 23, 2013
No one would be a city cop for 20 percent less. We don't owe anyone anything. go type in Utica fights on YouTube and deal with these people for shit pay. We get the going rate for the area. I don't owe shit to anyone and I pay taxes. Maybe New York State should stop giving people more free money to people who don't work then people that do and your taxes would go down.
Marcy CF

Utica, NY

#15 Feb 23, 2013
Not again wrote:
<quoted text>
Prison guards also got a fat contract not too long ago in which they received free laser eye surgery. How much did that cost the tax payers of NY State? Just a little more than UPD's "Show Up Pay"!!

Nobody should comment on this unless they know how things actually work at UPD. It's obvious most of you don't as your posts contain inaccurate info.
comon

Utica, NY

#16 Feb 23, 2013
Marcy CF wrote:
<quoted text>
Prison guards also got a fat contract not too long ago in which they received free laser eye surgery. How much did that cost the tax payers of NY State? Just a little more than UPD's "Show Up Pay"!!
Nobody should comment on this unless they know how things actually work at UPD. It's obvious most of you don't as your posts contain inaccurate info.
well then they should hire people with 20 20 vision and if they have glasses then the need to sign an agreement to be hired that they have to pay for their own surgery
comon

Utica, NY

#17 Feb 23, 2013
Upd wrote:
No one would be a city cop for 20 percent less. We don't owe anyone anything. go type in Utica fights on YouTube and deal with these people for shit pay. We get the going rate for the area. I don't owe shit to anyone and I pay taxes. Maybe New York State should stop giving people more free money to people who don't work then people that do and your taxes would go down.
we have seen the videos and upd is just standing around doing nothing police have guns and tazers and arresting power and a voice and training if they dont know how to use their voice then they shouldnt be on the job they dont know what the word force means a voice is force

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica Mission Executive Director a theif 4 min same ole same ole 21
Runners Sheep Ride 11 min LetMeOut 7
Proctor football should be ashamed. 13 min OneOf26 5
Nano Center Hiring 20 min well 26
Why is Utica such an ignorant Loser Hole? 24 min LetMeOut 19
most overrated athletes ages (Sep '13) 30 min rome rocks93 47
OMG fat firemen on tv 36 min ithastostop 9
Bernadette Romano-Clark 1 hr uhuhu 35
Pulse magazine out of business- cheating busine... 2 hr watcher 18
The WORST Contractors in Central NY (May '10) 19 hr Take that bow 295