joe marino equals village idiot

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
too bad

Methuen, MA

#1 Jun 5, 2012
joe marino is off village idiot.how dumb can a guy be ? what would make joe marino think that having an appointed controller is a good idea ? stop thinkin joe your hurtin the ball club
Taxpayer

Tylersport, PA

#3 Jun 5, 2012
Does he have a day job?
kamakazell

Rome, NY

#5 Jun 6, 2012
This guy is a sham, he is trying to be somebody that makes change and the change is going to benefit himself. He looks like he is ready to fall asleep when he talks, you take him bucceiro and testa colosimo and giruzzi and the city is going to be bankrupt with there ideas. We need to rid ourselves of nit wits, but is seems the same nit wits always get elected, utica is finished.
Just a question

Baldwinsville, NY

#6 Jun 6, 2012
I don't know what the right answer is here, but there should be some qualifications for the comptroller job. It does not seem right that literally anyone can run, win and control a mulit million dollar budget. Shouldn't someone with a financial background and education be inserted into that job. I would be more comfortable with that then somebody whos background is in another field.
pension padding

Syracuse, NY

#7 Jun 6, 2012
A monkey could do a better job the Mike Cerminaro who was no more than a fox in a hen house. Utica is well beyond hope and just a qualified compentant comptroller. It needs either a city manager or a state control board. The mayor and council just don't have the guts to deal with our unsustainable costs for public safety. Unions are continuing to be a drain on taxpayers with a staus quo mayor and council. WI Walker showed unions can be dealt with, hard decisions made for taxpayers and still survive a recall. WI should be a lesson for Utica voters and vote for politicians who will make the right decisions and do the right thing for taxpayers even though it's to late for many moving or already lost there homes there are about 1000 natives left in this welfare shit hole.
abc

Utica, NY

#8 Jun 6, 2012
KEEP up the GOOD work, Joe
Uprising

Utica, NY

#9 Jun 6, 2012
Where's all of your brilliant ideas? Even if you disagree with this, at least give him credit for trying to think outside the box. Attacking him personally is childish. Joe's a good councilman, family man and has a great career in the private sector. I don't know if I personally agree with this yet, but I'm willing to listen and be open minded. You should be too.

Just give him a chance. He's working with a culture of politicians that have ruined this city. He won't be able to fix it alone and it won't be easy to do it by himself. My advice would be to get engaged and try helping him.
Uprising

Utica, NY

#10 Jun 6, 2012
And for the record, instead of coming on Topix and attacking him, I have actually called him to talk about it. He was very open to suggestions, explained his ideas and immediately returned my calls. He even emailed me information that he thought would be of interest. Why don't you guys just call him and express your thoughts? He is definitely accessible and open to input.
Frank

Sutton, MA

#11 Jun 6, 2012
Everyone has solutions while they are sitting at home running their mouths. At least Joe is out there trying to help this poor excuse for a city. I got your back Joe. Keep up the good work!!!!!
Frank

Sutton, MA

#12 Jun 6, 2012
too bad wrote:
joe marino is off village idiot.how dumb can a guy be ? what would make joe marino think that having an appointed controller is a good idea ? stop thinkin joe your hurtin the ball club
Would u have a CNA perform surgery on u. Same thing.....
Hey Joes Mom

Utica, NY

#13 Jun 6, 2012
Uprising wrote:
Where's all of your brilliant ideas? Even if you disagree with this, at least give him credit for trying to think outside the box. Attacking him personally is childish. Joe's a good councilman, family man and has a great career in the private sector. I don't know if I personally agree with this yet, but I'm willing to listen and be open minded. You should be too.
Just give him a chance. He's working with a culture of politicians that have ruined this city. He won't be able to fix it alone and it won't be easy to do it by himself. My advice would be to get engaged and try helping him.
Just because a person has an idea doesn't mean that he has to run with it. Putting out stupid ideas and forcing everyone to deal with it is more destructive than doing nothing.

Joe is a bookkeeper. He is not a CPA. He is not a financial planner. He isn't a lawyer, a doctor or an engineer. I am glad that he got elected but he is immature and overeager. Those are the facts. He is out of his element and swinging for the fences every day. Better to stay quiet and be thought of as the fool than open your mouth and prove it without any doubt.
joe should go

United States

#14 Jun 7, 2012
In Joe's mind he thinks he is a genius. From Joe's perspective he cannot see that he is not as smart as he thinks. He can't even do the job he was elected to do!
Dave

Utica, NY

#15 Jun 7, 2012
Who else is proposing new and innovative ideas for reforming the dysfunctional city government? NOBODY!

Keep up the good work Joe
kamakazell

Rome, NY

#16 Jun 7, 2012
He can not be to bright, he voted for a budget that increased spending while the city is broke and on the road to bankruptcy. This is not doing a good job. With people like him on the council we are in deep shit. Practice what you preach Joe.
What

Cicero, NY

#17 Jun 7, 2012
Are you kidding me? What ideas has this kid caame up with? His job is to vote on budget and city issues as a common council member. He has yet to stand up for the taxpayers. He has yet to support big cuts to save money. The Comptroller is not the problem, the common council that has rubber stamped the over spending of the Mayor is the problem. Is it new ideas, for Joe to keep on using the rubber stamp. Where are Joe's ideas about cutting the cost of public safety so that there is money for infrastructure? Where are Joe's ideas about getting the assessments fair, where million dollar buildings are not assessed at one hundred thousands. Joe's ideas are all pie in the sky while the real issues he ignores.
Dave wrote:
Who else is proposing new and innovative ideas for reforming the dysfunctional city government? NOBODY!
Keep up the good work Joe
What

Cicero, NY

#18 Jun 7, 2012
Cerminarro is the one that tried to save the taxpayers money by reviewing and wanting to double check the Hage bills. The Common Coucil and Mayor over ruled the Comptroller and used the courts to force Ceminarro to pay the Hage bills with half the info. The common council (which boy Joe is on) is the PROBLEM. Here is an idea, let the people vote for the Comptroller and then the Comptroller can appoint the common council.
Roefaro quitter

Syracuse, NY

#19 Jun 7, 2012
Frank wrote:
Everyone has solutions while they are sitting at home running their mouths. At least Joe is out there trying to help this poor excuse for a city. I got your back Joe. Keep up the good work!!!!!
I love Joe Marino. Keep up the good work Joe. Uncovering Roefaro's years of over spending with no checks and balances must be a over bearing job. Now lets deal with the unsustainable unions!!
Get an education

Cicero, NY

#20 Jun 7, 2012
Roefaro could not spend without the Common Coucil approval. The power is with the Common Council and they rubber stamped all of Roefaro's spending. The problems is and has been in a Common Council all to willing to spend without accountability. All Joe is trying to do is blame another department for common council failures.
Roefaro quitter wrote:
<quoted text>
I love Joe Marino. Keep up the good work Joe. Uncovering Roefaro's years of over spending with no checks and balances must be a over bearing job. Now lets deal with the unsustainable unions!!
QuitterRoefaro undertaker

Syracuse, NY

#21 Jun 7, 2012
Get an education wrote:
Roefaro could not spend without the Common Coucil approval. The power is with the Common Council and they rubber stamped all of Roefaro's spending. The problems is and has been in a Common Council all to willing to spend without accountability. All Joe is trying to do is blame another department for common council failures.
<quoted text>
Who needs the education you nut bomb. The common council, yes, did rubber stamp most but not all spending. The E&A can over ride and spend without the common council. Remember JK Hage, trust me, blank check the E&A approved and wrote. The E&A is worse than the rubber stamp council which allowed Roefaro to spend at will. Roefaro also was the sole negotiator or should I say was suppose to negociate UPD/UFD union contracts which will eventially bankrupt Utica. I di agree that the rubber stamp council also is to blame for blindly passing budgets and doing nothing to stop Roefaro but Roefaro was the master mind behind the fleecing of Utica taxpayers to family and friends which mainly took place in back room deals which the council was unaware of and Cerminaro was.
Get an education

Cicero, NY

#23 Jun 7, 2012
The board of E&A has members of the common council on it. The Common Coucil has the power but they yield their power to the Mayor. The common council, with Joe, approved the huge tax increase. The common council, with Joe, approved the budget. The common council, with Joe, approved the raises and promotions. The common council, with Joe, approved another year of over spending. The common council, with Joe, approved charging to use the swimming pools. Joe is not the solution, he is part of the problem.
QuitterRoefaro undertaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Who needs the education you nut bomb. The common council, yes, did rubber stamp most but not all spending. The E&A can over ride and spend without the common council. Remember JK Hage, trust me, blank check the E&A approved and wrote. The E&A is worse than the rubber stamp council which allowed Roefaro to spend at will. Roefaro also was the sole negotiator or should I say was suppose to negociate UPD/UFD union contracts which will eventially bankrupt Utica. I di agree that the rubber stamp council also is to blame for blindly passing budgets and doing nothing to stop Roefaro but Roefaro was the master mind behind the fleecing of Utica taxpayers to family and friends which mainly took place in back room deals which the council was unaware of and Cerminaro was.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another home invasion 16 min uticaneighbor 15
Hottest/cutest bosnian guy? (Jan '09) 33 min Blue and yellow ftw 217
retro fitness 1 hr Namaste 25
Josie Uniforms and RETURNS 1 hr hideous 2
keep any one word (Dec '12) 1 hr Newintown 448
College Time 1 hr College 2
Apartments in Utica 1 hr Concernedmom 1
Whitesboro Fire Department 1 hr Resident 18
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 6 hr TaxLady1 647
Utica 4th of July fireworks - Epic Fail Mon hmm 6