First Prev
of 2
Next Last
UticaSucks

Utica, NY

#1 May 6, 2014
Hey west utica, Stewarts has no interest to go to your crap area, so get over it. Only about 10% of Utica has a shot to get a Stewarts, that is how bad this city is. Why the hell would they set up a place in a high poverty area? They wont people. Only a couple of good location for that kind of business and E.Utica shot it down. The Parkway has a good location and maybe S.Utica.
LaughIN

Clinton, NY

#2 May 6, 2014
UticaSucks wrote:
Hey west utica, Stewarts has no interest to go to your crap area, so get over it. Only about 10% of Utica has a shot to get a Stewarts, that is how bad this city is. Why the hell would they set up a place in a high poverty area? They wont people. Only a couple of good location for that kind of business and E.Utica shot it down. The Parkway has a good location and maybe S.Utica.
UticaSks so bad they just blew it with Stewarts. Now instead of them paying a higher property tax for that property, Burth and Boilergasm Staisis will not only pay the lower tax but probably stop paying the tax and stiff the city with a contaminated site that will stay empty until Palmeiri is well on his way to senility!
Val Bialis and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#3 May 6, 2014
UticaSucks wrote:
That kind of business? It's a convenience store?

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#5 May 6, 2014
Bobby Oliveira wrote:
LaughIN,
I guess tax assessment is also not on the list of things you know about.
While it is true that the designated property would pay more, the properties around it would decrease in value.
The aggregate effect would be LESS property tax revenue available to the city.
I'm noticing a pattern - you should stay away from issues where math is involved.
While it is a fact that the tax assessment for Stewart's would go up, it is an assumption that the taxes for the properties around it would go down. It is also an assumption that the taxes for those properties would go down regardless of Stewart's building on that property. It's not like that area is one of Utica's most desirable neighborhoods.
LaughIN

Clinton, NY

#6 May 6, 2014
Bobby Oliveira wrote:
LaughIN,
While it is true that the designated property would pay more, the properties around it would decrease in value.
I'm noticing a pattern - you should stay away from issues where math is involved.
You are truly ignorant. The taxes would go up because they propose to buy some residential property and add that to the dismall commercial property that is already there and build an 8 island pump state of the art gas station and retail property which would have to be re-assesses by a professional, which you sir most definitely are not. The value of the properties around it will not go down. Value tends to increase. They already are next to commercial property.
LaughIN

Clinton, NY

#7 May 6, 2014
Bobby Oliveira wrote:
LaughIN,
Pay real estate taxes do?
Know anything about real estate assessment?
Property values-commercial vs. residential?
Better disrespect someone of the same intellectual size as you (midget!)! Not me.
Zoos and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#8 May 6, 2014
JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
<quoted text>
While it is a fact that the tax assessment for Stewart's would go up, it is an assumption that the taxes for the properties around it would go down. It is also an assumption that the taxes for those properties would go down regardless of Stewart's building on that property. It's not like that area is one of Utica's most desirable neighborhoods.
Does utica have a desirable neighborhood?
YOU defile justice

Utica, NY

#9 May 6, 2014
<quoted text>
The people in that area keep up their homes. If a huge convenience store with 8 or more gas pumps goes in let's imagine, or as you say, assume what will happen. Litter blowing down the streets, more traffic (much more) more potholes (that the city doesn't fix now), trouble getting out of the driveways, rats, mice and flies near the dumpsters (oh, we can spray pesticides all over the huge dumpsters, really healthy, but more rodents will return), more hoardes of crows crapping all over the place, more crime in the area (ever read the statistics on crime in convenience stores?) Gee, would that make you want to live there? Would it make you want to put more money into your house? Would it make you want to move out of the area? I'd lay odds on taxes going down along with home values, home upkeep and morale.

I don't know where you live, but your name JusiceDefiled sure fits you. You probably live in the burbs, so what do you care about justice for those people who live in not such a desirable area??
Tax em Anywhere

Utica, NY

#10 May 7, 2014
LaughIN wrote:
<quoted text>
UticaSks so bad they just blew it with Stewarts. Now instead of them paying a higher property tax for that property, Burth and Boilergasm Staisis will not only pay the lower tax but probably stop paying the tax and stiff the city with a contaminated site that will stay empty until Palmeiri is well on his way to senility!
Won't the city go after them for the taxes? Are they part of the friends and family plan? I'm sure they have some money or assets other than that garage that the city's lawyer, who may be dumb, but hopefully not that stupid, can go after. Oh, I forgot, I heard they're friends of the mayor.

But wait a minute,(lightbulb goes off) can't the city offer stewarts another location and get the tax money there?
Realization and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#11 May 7, 2014
YOU defile justice wrote:
<quoted text>
The people in that area keep up their homes. If a huge convenience store with 8 or more gas pumps goes in let's imagine, or as you say, assume what will happen. Litter blowing down the streets, more traffic (much more) more potholes (that the city doesn't fix now), trouble getting out of the driveways, rats, mice and flies near the dumpsters (oh, we can spray pesticides all over the huge dumpsters, really healthy, but more rodents will return), more hoardes of crows crapping all over the place, more crime in the area (ever read the statistics on crime in convenience stores?) Gee, would that make you want to live there? Would it make you want to put more money into your house? Would it make you want to move out of the area? I'd lay odds on taxes going down along with home values, home upkeep and morale.
I don't know where you live, but your name JusiceDefiled sure fits you. You probably live in the burbs, so what do you care about justice for those people who live in not such a desirable area??
You make it sound like they want to build a crack house. It's a convenience store. They are also very clean and well kept.

Level 6

Location hidden

#12 May 7, 2014
The property as it is now is an eyesore. I'm surprised the neighbors aren't complaining already. Anything would be an improvement.

People in this city oppose everything new. Give me one example of a change in this city that wasn't opposed by someone. We complain about everything.

The city sucks but people want to keep it just the way it is.
Parkways and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#13 May 7, 2014
The property as it is now is an eyesore. I'm surprised the neighbors aren't complaining already. Anything would be an improvement.
People in this city oppose everything new. Give me one example of a change in this city that wasn't opposed by someone. We complain about everything.
Truth.
LaughIN

Clinton, NY

#14 May 7, 2014
A new facility there would be a huge improvement and it would increase our tax base. That is what should matter. Stewarts has pest and rodent control which is unmatched in the area. Certainly there is no pest or rodent control on that property at the present time!

Level 6

Location hidden

#15 May 7, 2014
Check Google and get an aerial view of this property. It's a dump. How can somebody claim that a brand new store on this property would lower property rates. It would be a big improvement over what is currently there.

People need to take their blinders off and start thinking for themselves. If Utica is going to move forward we need to be open to change. The old way of doing things is not working.
Burning Homes and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#16 May 7, 2014
Check Google and get an aerial view of this property. It's a dump. How can somebody claim that a brand new store on this property would lower property rates. It would be a big improvement over what is currently there.
People need to take their blinders off and start thinking for themselves. If Utica is going to move forward we need to be open to change. The old way of doing things is not working.
Not even close to working for that region.
Wow

Utica, NY

#17 May 8, 2014
YOU defile justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than living next to a DEC contaminated site. Which is what your living next to now.
Get A Clue

New Hartford, NY

#18 May 8, 2014
Vescera wants to introduce a resolution calling for Stewart's to build in West Utica. For one thing, Stewart's doesn't need Vescera or the council telling them where to build. Secondly, they've already declined 2 locations offered on the west side. Duh! They don't want to build in West Utica! They've made that clear. Get it?

Does Vescera have a clue?

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#19 May 8, 2014
Get A Clue wrote:
Vescera wants to introduce a resolution calling for Stewart's to build in West Utica. For one thing, Stewart's doesn't need Vescera or the council telling them where to build. Secondly, they've already declined 2 locations offered on the west side. Duh! They don't want to build in West Utica! They've made that clear. Get it?
Does Vescera have a clue?
I so hope that the buffoons scare Stewarts right out of utica. They must be laughing hysterically in Saratoga at this drama over opening a store.
marcpersma

Clinton, NY

#20 May 8, 2014
Utica Lies and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
I so hope that the buffoons scare Stewarts right out of utica. They must be laughing hysterically in Saratoga at this drama over opening a store.
we are playing right into the owners hand, palmeri will have to give them a nice pilot agreement to get them to build here now after all this bs
Dumb and dumber

Utica, NY

#21 May 8, 2014
I can't believe how high the gas prices are here compared to other areas. Ni e and easy and fast trace have been gauging us for to long. It needs to end and end now. This is our line in the sand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Josh jones (Nov '13) 23 min gfyouraelf 11
CNY Police Lost Public's Trust- won't talk to t... 36 min Sam 0
Old School Bar and Grill Set to Open in East Utica 36 min kim 5
Clinton Auto radio commercial 39 min Mike 2
Coldest Month Ever for Utica 43 min Why 3
Why did "Utica Nano" fail? 44 min Nano naNO 0
Why CNY Police Lost Public's Trust. Utica won't... 47 min Again 0
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 5 hr too much 543
West Utica in the 70s-who/what do you remember (Dec '09) 6 hr Daughter 897
Piersma, you getting blindsided by Childrens Mu... 11 hr As always 5
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:17 pm PST

NFL 4:17PM
Keith Rivers signs one-year contract with Cowboys
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Darrelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie Would Be Perfect for New York Jets Reunion
NFL 7:37 AM
Rudolph: Cassel gives Bills chance to make playoffs
Bleacher Report 9:21 AM
Ryan Showing He Hasn't Learned from Mistakes
Bleacher Report 9:21 AM
Ryan Showing He Hasn't Learned from Mistakes
Yahoo! Sports 9:29 AM
Giants TE Larry Donnell OK after his plane skids off runway at LaGuardia
NFL 9:30 AM
Larry Donnell on plane that skidded off runway in N.Y.
ESPN 9:49 AM
TE Donnell OK after plane skids off runway
Bleacher Report10:29 AM
Instagram: Giants' Donnell on Plane That Skidded off Runway
CBS Sports12:53 PM
Report: Chances of Giants signing Ndamukong Suh 'unrealistic'