Dale

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Lately everything bothers me, right from dealing with people out in public, and even watching TV. I find myself analyzing everything around me. I find people are fake, their polite to your face and talk about you behind your back. Even commercials on TV bother me, why are things priced $499.99, in my way of thinking, that's 500 bucks, please don't insult me by making me think it's cheaper because 4 is lower than 5. I don't think people care about each other, they just pretend to because that's the way it should be. I believe life itself is just one big joke and insult. Today while standing in line at K-mart, everyone was asked if they would like to donate to St Judes Hospital to help kids fighting cancer, not one person did, that bothers me so much. Why are people self serving with little regard for others? Where did we take a wrong turn in life! My mind wonders in crazy places, I can picture someone driving a $50,000 car and not donating 5 bucks to help kids dying of cancer, how is that even humanly imaginable? I don't know if I have depression or just a warped way of thinking, do any of you think this way at all? I do seem to get more depressed around the holidays but I think this way all the time lately. Anyone care to share their thoughts?
A - U live in Utica

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Judged:

When you live in CNY.
Same Here

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

I suffer from depression. I can't get out of bed until after noon. I get up maybe get something small to eat and go right back to bed. People around here are mostly un friendly. And Cheap. It's not just you who see it. Earlier this year Utica/Rome was number 11 on the unhappiest places to live!!!!!!!!!!
Reality check

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Dale wrote:
Lately everything bothers me, right from dealing with people out in public, and even watching TV. I find myself analyzing everything around me. I find people are fake, their polite to your face and talk about you behind your back. Even commercials on TV bother me, why are things priced $499.99, in my way of thinking, that's 500 bucks, please don't insult me by making me think it's cheaper because 4 is lower than 5. I don't think people care about each other, they just pretend to because that's the way it should be. I believe life itself is just one big joke and insult. Today while standing in line at K-mart, everyone was asked if they would like to donate to St Judes Hospital to help kids fighting cancer, not one person did, that bothers me so much. Why are people self serving with little regard for others? Where did we take a wrong turn in life! My mind wonders in crazy places, I can picture someone driving a $50,000 car and not donating 5 bucks to help kids dying of cancer, how is that even humanly imaginable? I don't know if I have depression or just a warped way of thinking, do any of you think this way at all? I do seem to get more depressed around the holidays but I think this way all the time lately. Anyone care to share their thoughts?
I hear you. You are getting older and wiser. You are starting to realize how the world works! Try not to dwell on things you cannot change. Spend time with people who do care. Focus on whatever good you see. Even if its only a sunny day, or a little kid, or a puppy!! If you concentrate on all the crap that happens you will be overwhelmed. Don't watch the news or read the paper....except for the funnies! Just try and be as good a person as you can be and let that motivate you to face each day. Good luck and God bless you.
A - U live in Utica

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Judged:

Or have a hore for a mother an daddy likes boy's.

When you live with a family that inbreeds, never had IQ's over 48, an fail at life.

We inbred so I need to make up a life, I invented the EEG, or use this to pretend that inbreeding works.
Starr

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

I've been dead inside for years...
Time for a Job

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Judged:

Matbe you should turn off your computer,get off your ass and find a job.
NH Stud

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

How do you know? If you live in Utica, your clinically depressed. Comes with the territory.
STFU

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Time for a Job wrote:
Matbe you should turn off your computer,get off your ass and find a job.
Typical loser response. Go back to School and learn to spell too.
Been there

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Happiness is an inside job. Be the best person you can be. Do t worry about what other people think. It's hard to do, but once you get over that hurdle life becomes so much more enjoyable and things that you don't like don't bother you as much.
Miller

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Bruce suffers from depression. The guy is never happy.
Yep

Merrimack, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Dale wrote:
Regarding the donation point in your post... Everyone cannot donate money to every charity. Also, smart people perform some research to determine what charities actually provide the monies they collect to the people who really need it. You would be surprised to find out some charities provide pennies on every dollar collected to those in need. Before blindly giving to every charity take a look at how good the charity is at helping others. Check this out:

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/your-money/...
Yep

Merrimack, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Here is a more extensive list of some of the 'worst charities':
http://www.tampabay.com/americas-worst-charit...
Sid

Laguna Niguel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Utica is poor, always overcast and gray, people are bozos, restaurants generally suck, no jobs... of course we're depressed. I'm moving to Clinton, where life is worth living.
Wow

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

A - U live in Utica wrote:
Or have a hore for a mother an daddy likes boy's.
When you live with a family that inbreeds, never had IQ's over 48, an fail at life.
We inbred so I need to make up a life, I invented the EEG, or use this to pretend that inbreeding works.
youll always find bullies in life. Here is an example. Sad thing is most people disagree and dislike him/her but the way for this person to cope is by putting others down.
brown trout

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

if you spend a large part of youre day being hateful on topix

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

223 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ron Brown 23 min someone else 3
The Tailor & the Cook 27 min Utica 24
weathertite fence co child predator owner steer... 41 min julie 6
weathertite fence bill potoczny willie gillette... 44 min Weatherchit fence co 5
Nothin Fancy Cafe...level 2 Sex Offender 50 min I am on it 34
aau basketball 56 min aau 1
alison norlian WKTV 1 hr Bobby O obsession 13
Policelli twins transfering to ND for basketball. 2 hr CORNELL MAYE 31
Wetlands permit for Marcy Nanocenter site OK'd 5 hr SUNYIT Student 82
WKTV's new broadcast desk 9 hr PAC Lies and Riggies 79
black cat bar & grill (Jan '09) 11 hr hmmm 52
Andrew Brindisi charged in April Hit and Run 17 hr PAC Lies and Riggies 40
•••
•••
•••
•••