AOL

#128 Dec 21, 2012
Watch the money.
wow

Utica, NY

#129 Dec 21, 2012
Lenny wrote:
Watch the money.
Father should watch HIS money if he comes to west Utica,,,,especially around YOU!

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#130 Feb 17, 2013
Sorry to hear about the priest. Noone is perfect for all fall short of the glory of God! See thats the problem with catholics they think they're perfect or have to be perfect! The truth is we all are flawed. Anyway, Sorry to hear about that and give him a break!
Juar

Utica, NY

#131 Mar 3, 2013
Father LaFache is now a retired priest who is still fairly busy with visiting hospitals/infirm, saying Mass and hearing confessions. He is not allowed to run a parish after retirement status, just as any priest.(Like Msgr Willamburg at St Anthony's & St. Agnes parish.) We are lucky to have him at our parish although our main Pastor is still my favorite. If you would like to come see him say mass, please come to St. Joseph & St. Patrick's on Columbia St. at 10:30 am on a Sunday. If you've never been to the most beautiful church in Utica, a warm welcome to you!
Facts

Utica, NY

#132 Mar 23, 2013
Juar wrote:
Father LaFache is now a retired priest who is still fairly busy with visiting hospitals/infirm, saying Mass and hearing confessions. He is not allowed to run a parish after retirement status, just as any priest.(Like Msgr Willamburg at St Anthony's & St. Agnes parish.) We are lucky to have him at our parish although our main Pastor is still my favorite. If you would like to come see him say mass, please come to St. Joseph & St. Patrick's on Columbia St. at 10:30 am on a Sunday. If you've never been to the most beautiful church in Utica, a warm welcome to you!
He can run a parish until he dies if he wants to. Check your facts.
slapanut

Utica, NY

#133 Mar 23, 2013
Not when the allegations of embezzlemet involved, he can't. Why do you think the Dioceses decided deal with hi allegations instead of criminal charges? The Diocese will never let LaFache run a parish again.
Facts

Utica, NY

#134 Mar 23, 2013
slapanut wrote:
Not when the allegations of embezzlemet involved, he can't. Why do you think the Dioceses decided deal with hi allegations instead of criminal charges? The Diocese will never let LaFache run a parish again.
Exactly...if he did nothing wrong he could stay on.
Fibber McGee

Utica, NY

#135 Mar 23, 2013
He's hearing confessions today over @ St Joe/St Pats.
Juar

Utica, NY

#136 Mar 24, 2013
Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
He can run a parish until he dies if he wants to. Check your facts.
I'm sure that's true being that they are priests for life/until death. However, when one retires, they are no longer considered, "active ministry." This means that they no longer are obligated to run the administrative duties that are expected of a parish priest. They may decide to do, "part-time ministry," (as Father LaFache has chosen). This may entail saying mass and administering the sacraments as well as residing and focusing on other callings like prison or hospital ministry. These are the straight facts. And yes, he did hear confessions at St. Joseph St. Patrick's on Sat. He helps Father Dellos out like I mentioned before. He's part of our parish now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica Aud: AHL Welfare All-Star game 3 min Comets Welfare Stars 264
Another $500000 for the Aud (Dec '13) 7 min Comets Welfare Stars 64
Oneida County Family Court Race 28 min Asleep During Trials 21
Judge Julia Brouillette in Family Court (Nov '12) 50 min Family Court 4 Hr... 26
Fr. Felix Colosimo (Jan '14) 1 hr really 82
Dawn Catera lupi 1 hr No Show Job Fever 23
Funeral palor break in 1 hr Gay guy 2
utica national (Jun '13) 4 hr I Forgot to Wipe 651
Big drug bust new hartford 25,000 cash money 4 hr yes 53
Hotel Utica Closing 8 hr whos the Girl 17
Utica Dating
Find my Match

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica