Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Lenny wrote:
Watch the money.
Father should watch HIS money if he comes to west Utica,,,,especially around YOU!

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Sorry to hear about the priest. Noone is perfect for all fall short of the glory of God! See thats the problem with catholics they think they're perfect or have to be perfect! The truth is we all are flawed. Anyway, Sorry to hear about that and give him a break!
Juar

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Father LaFache is now a retired priest who is still fairly busy with visiting hospitals/infirm, saying Mass and hearing confessions. He is not allowed to run a parish after retirement status, just as any priest.(Like Msgr Willamburg at St Anthony's & St. Agnes parish.) We are lucky to have him at our parish although our main Pastor is still my favorite. If you would like to come see him say mass, please come to St. Joseph & St. Patrick's on Columbia St. at 10:30 am on a Sunday. If you've never been to the most beautiful church in Utica, a warm welcome to you!
Facts

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Juar wrote:
Father LaFache is now a retired priest who is still fairly busy with visiting hospitals/infirm, saying Mass and hearing confessions. He is not allowed to run a parish after retirement status, just as any priest.(Like Msgr Willamburg at St Anthony's & St. Agnes parish.) We are lucky to have him at our parish although our main Pastor is still my favorite. If you would like to come see him say mass, please come to St. Joseph & St. Patrick's on Columbia St. at 10:30 am on a Sunday. If you've never been to the most beautiful church in Utica, a warm welcome to you!
He can run a parish until he dies if he wants to. Check your facts.
slapanut

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Not when the allegations of embezzlemet involved, he can't. Why do you think the Dioceses decided deal with hi allegations instead of criminal charges? The Diocese will never let LaFache run a parish again.
Facts

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

slapanut wrote:
Not when the allegations of embezzlemet involved, he can't. Why do you think the Dioceses decided deal with hi allegations instead of criminal charges? The Diocese will never let LaFache run a parish again.
Exactly...if he did nothing wrong he could stay on.
Fibber McGee

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

He's hearing confessions today over @ St Joe/St Pats.
Juar

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
He can run a parish until he dies if he wants to. Check your facts.
I'm sure that's true being that they are priests for life/until death. However, when one retires, they are no longer considered, "active ministry." This means that they no longer are obligated to run the administrative duties that are expected of a parish priest. They may decide to do, "part-time ministry," (as Father LaFache has chosen). This may entail saying mass and administering the sacraments as well as residing and focusing on other callings like prison or hospital ministry. These are the straight facts. And yes, he did hear confessions at St. Joseph St. Patrick's on Sat. He helps Father Dellos out like I mentioned before. He's part of our parish now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rcil employment 24 min jarhead 6
Harbor Point Progress 29 min Harry 4
Police Officers 30 min MBA 17
Remington to lay off 105 workers in NY 52 min Bobkurk 48
Local protest to be held today in Utica for Mic... 56 min amish 10
Major Constuction (Dec '13) 1 hr waiting in the weeds 33
15 kids,3 Baby Daddies-She Demands Money From U... 1 hr free ride 3
To The Resident Topix Racist 2 hr slash the obamatit 25
utica aud 4 hr AHL 80
ND or Proctor Football: Who will have the bette... 5 hr Hmmmm 58