Boilermaker cancelled?
security turnover

Manlius, NY

#116 Apr 19, 2013
The Utica DPW is going to be in charge of security from the UPD .
stay alert

Manlius, NY

#117 Apr 19, 2013
These individuals weren't pros that terrorized Boston. Can you imagine if they we're hardened professional terrorists.They were young kids ! This is not over, if u see something say something!
Safe

United States

#118 Apr 19, 2013
Lucky the boilermaker is just an itty bitty unknown thing. It will be ok.
Accounts

United States

#119 Apr 19, 2013
Boilermaker Race Assoc wrote:
Do u people have any idea how much it costs to secure a race this size ? To many terrorists sleeper cells in the northeast to take a chance on people getting hurt. They will cancell it and you will get a full refund.
Considering Nick labella is called "the head of security" no amount of money would be enough. With most LB accouts about 15% of the costs actually hits the street. Id be afraid if these people were managing a hot dog stand security in my town.
truth

Glenfield, NY

#120 Apr 19, 2013
this is america we do not hide when things get tough
conspiracy theorist

Manlius, NY

#121 Apr 20, 2013
They're more terrorists out there under the radar waiting to terrorize more sporting events. I believe the race will be cancelled this year.
Hmmm

Sherburne, NY

#122 Apr 20, 2013
Safe wrote:
Lucky the boilermaker is just an itty bitty unknown thing. It will be ok.
Yea sure, it's the biggest 15k race in the country!
reallity check

Manlius, NY

#123 Apr 20, 2013
I don't see how they are going to make that race course safe. To many possibilities of things that can go wrong really fast.
spectator

Manlius, NY

#124 Apr 20, 2013
Are the cops going to be carrying assault weapons in plain view @ the finish line ?
eyes in the sky

Manlius, NY

#125 Apr 20, 2013
The UPD will have their Armadillo parked at the finish line.
Freebie the Bean

Syracuse, NY

#126 Apr 20, 2013
As an added precaution and due to his vast experience & expertise as an ex-cop Tubby Labella will be in charge of total security. And he will only charge the city a one-time flat fee of $250K.
Lainey

New Hartford, NY

#127 Apr 20, 2013
I think it should be cancelled.
SWAT Runner

Manlius, NY

#128 Apr 20, 2013
Who knows, there might be a sleeper cell in this area. There is a Muslim community in Utica, mostly law abiding citizens that are nice people. It only takes one bad apple to put this region into a living hell.I'm NOT running this year,could be a copycat out there !
Not a worthy target

United States

#129 Apr 20, 2013
SWAT Runner wrote:
Who knows, there might be a sleeper cell in this area. There is a Muslim community in Utica, mostly law abiding citizens that are nice people. It only takes one bad apple to put this region into a living hell.I'm NOT running this year,could be a copycat out there !
The boilermaker isn't any national event it's a boutique thing. Terrorists want real well known targets, otherwise they would have forgone the Boston Marathon and bombed the kenyanmaker NFP project and tax shelter for mediocre beer brewers.
Right

United States

#130 Apr 20, 2013
Bunch of babies. Sack up already and get over the thought of anything significant happening in Utica because we are to small and unimportant. What a joke this area is.
Labella Moronthons

United States

#131 Apr 20, 2013
Freebie the Bean wrote:
As an added precaution and due to his vast experience & expertise as an ex-cop Tubby Labella will be in charge of total security. And he will only charge the city a one-time flat fee of $250K.
My aunts and cousins always ran the boilermaker right up until 2002 even after they moved to Walpole. The ran both moronthons boston and boilergasm but Aunt Mary found out a labella she had problems with years ago so now they do not travel there. I know the labellas are trouble but she actually resents that family and anything they are involved in at all.
mickey mouse security

Manlius, NY

#132 Apr 20, 2013
I'll feel a lot safer knowing the Labellas are in charge of security @ the Boilermaker race .
metrosexual

Manlius, NY

#133 Apr 20, 2013
I'm afraid to be in a crowd now.
US PATRIOTIC CITIZEN

Manlius, NY

#134 Apr 21, 2013
Race officials should sit back ,take a deep breath and cancel the race until next year. Come up with a good security plan for next year's race.
safety sake

Manlius, NY

#135 Apr 21, 2013
It's happening but I'm not going

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new downtown hospital 370 beds are you kidding me? 7 min poor planning 34
Twin Ponds shoot em up 7 min ohyeah 21
Name some girls in town who need to trim their ... 13 min Heather 3
LoMedico Wins 21 min Not proof 7
trump has tiny hands dwinks baba like infant 22 min Moochers delight 9
Par 28 min Danny boy 24
One Term Tenney 35 min Moochers delight 57
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 15 hr Please 904
Bar crawling in the 80's : the crawl (Nov '08) 19 hr all nonsense 236

Utica Jobs