utica national armpit of corporate america

Posted in the Utica Forum

joe smith

Utica, NY

#1 Feb 5, 2014
I have worked for several insurance companies over my life time and have decent experiences with them. However, utica national is or one of the worst companies to work for. In addition, it is a failing company. I am happy that I will be retiring from this chit hole. There are many post out there on UN, but I thought I would start a new one to get feedback from former colleagues, ex employees, current employees and agents on there experiences. Please keep it professional!
Old Timer

Utica, NY

#2 Feb 5, 2014
Ran into an old senior vice president a while back. His comment was that the current managment doesn't know anything about insurance. They are all salesmen. That is why the company is not doing well and they don't know how to fix it.
The FIX

Utica, NY

#3 Feb 5, 2014
This will get fixed with their new Project management department.
Ex Employee

Utica, NY

#4 Feb 5, 2014
I left a full time position there with nothing lined up except my dignity and sanity. I've never seen so many unprofessional people in one building. Absolute insanity. There is no management period! Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. I would love to see their turnover rate. The pay grades are ridiculous. The more you work the less you're paid. What a waste of 2 years of my life. I'd rather be a dogwalker in a blizzard.
a bunch of tools

Utica, NY

#5 Feb 6, 2014
The FIX wrote:
This will get fixed with their new Project management department.
this department is a joke what do they do? Seriously they are high paying positions with little results. Name one project that they have worked on that showed results?
former employee

Cobleskill, NY

#6 Feb 6, 2014
You are correct. Utica national is made up of tools. For you dummies at un, those are not the tools you fix things with. The management that is in place atrocious from the top down. Oh, by the way, congratulations to the person who started this topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Most liberals have a low IQ 22 min Bob 15
Carbone auto group 58 min Syracuse Buyer 19
Posts about REFUGEES pulled 1 hr Awake 1
What Song Are You Listening To Right Now? (Sep '11) 9 hr KY WELLER 422
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 10 hr area resident 631
state testing 15 hr hooray 65
Love 15 hr truth 5
WKTV-Smith Thu Duke 12
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]