Driver's license with military status...

Driver's license with military status designation now available

There are 13 comments on the WKTV story from Oct 5, 2013, titled Driver's license with military status designation now available. In it, WKTV reports that:

Legislation to allow military veterans to apply for a special designation on their driver's license to prove their military status has now gone into effect, Assemblyman Anthony J. Brindisi, D-Utica, announced Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKTV.

t POLITIX

Frankfort, NY

#1 Oct 5, 2013
Due to the shutdown of the Federal Government, all National Archives facilities are closed and all activities are canceled, with the following exceptions: Federal Records Centers and the Federal Register.
Brindisi The Goof

Carthage, NY

#2 Oct 6, 2013
WTF is the point of this, Brindisi? More "feel good, accomplish nothing" legislation?
Veteran

Frankfort, OH

#3 Oct 6, 2013
Ohio started this several years ago. It's a great thing FOR THE STATE AND ADVERTISERS. The state sells the list of Veterans to anyone willing to pay their price and than the Veterans are targeted for every crappy product and scam that can be found. The designation really means NOTHING else except a little "Armed Forces" note on your driver's license. Don't be a fool AND A TARGET.
Vinnie the piggie

Whitesboro, NY

#4 Oct 7, 2013
Veteran wrote:
Ohio started this several years ago. It's a great thing FOR THE STATE AND ADVERTISERS. The state sells the list of Veterans to anyone willing to pay their price and than the Veterans are targeted for every crappy product and scam that can be found. The designation really means NOTHING else except a little "Armed Forces" note on your driver's license. Don't be a fool AND A TARGET.
I thought it was so when they get pulled over half in the bag and hepped up on their antidepressants, they could cry PTSD like the whiny bunch of entitled babies they are.
Veteran

Frankfort, OH

#5 Oct 10, 2013
Vinnie the piggie wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was so when they get pulled over half in the bag and hepped up on their antidepressants, they could cry PTSD like the whiny bunch of entitled babies they are.
Yep there are people out there who make thse type of claims but before you lump every veteran into the same group, take a serious look at those making these claims. Many never saw real combat and had a less than stellar career while in the military. These are the same type of people who are always looking for a hand out not a hand up. Those of us who served don't even consider these type of people as veterans. For every so-called veteran who makes these claims, there are thousands who suffer in silence. Just never forget to "thank-a-vet" for the rights and privilages you enjoy everyday. INCLUDING making YOUR stupid comments on Topix!
Vinnie

Whitesboro, NY

#6 Oct 12, 2013
Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>Yep there are people out there who make thse type of claims but before you lump every veteran into the same group, take a serious look at those making these claims. Many never saw real combat and had a less than stellar career while in the military. These are the same type of people who are always looking for a hand out not a hand up. Those of us who served don't even consider these type of people as veterans. For every so-called veteran who makes these claims, there are thousands who suffer in silence. Just never forget to "thank-a-vet" for the rights and privilages you enjoy everyday. INCLUDING making YOUR stupid comments on Topix!
Oh don't worry, I will thank a REAL veteran. Like my grandfather who fought in WWII. Without REAL men like that, you're right, I would NOT be able to enjoy my freedom.
bamaplan

Fulton, NY

#7 Oct 12, 2013
This is after government takes all guns they know who to throw in concertration camp.
Peace Time Veteran

Carthage, NY

#8 Oct 12, 2013
Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>Yep there are people out there who make thse type of claims but before you lump every veteran into the same group, take a serious look at those making these claims. Many never saw real combat and had a less than stellar career while in the military. These are the same type of people who are always looking for a hand out not a hand up. Those of us who served don't even consider these type of people as veterans. For every so-called veteran who makes these claims, there are thousands who suffer in silence. Just never forget to "thank-a-vet" for the rights and privilages you enjoy everyday. INCLUDING making YOUR stupid comments on Topix!
Boy, talk about lumping people together. Just because you went to combat doesn't make my service any less worthy just because at that time my government wasn't involved in an immoral war. I stepped up and joined at age 17 and served 3 years active, 3 years inactive. If that isn't good enough for you, go f__k yourself.

BTW, I've seen plenty of you "I'm-better-than-the-rest " combat vets down at the Vet Outreach Center seeking help with food, shelter, clothes, money and jobs.
Shocked

Frankfort, OH

#9 Oct 13, 2013
Peace Time Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, talk about lumping people together. Just because you went to combat doesn't make my service any less worthy just because at that time my government wasn't involved in an immoral war. I stepped up and joined at age 17 and served 3 years active, 3 years inactive. If that isn't good enough for you, go f__k yourself.
BTW, I've seen plenty of you "I'm-better-than-the-rest " combat vets down at the Vet Outreach Center seeking help with food, shelter, clothes, money and jobs.
You've "SEEN combat vets at down at the Vet Outreach Center"? How do you know what you saw? Anyone can put on some old military clothes and claim to be a combat veteran. Too many of them are lying. I'm not "better-than-the rest" just better-than-some who want to play on their military experience to get something for nothing. REAL veterans are looking for just what is owed them, nothing more. Viet Nam Veterans just wanted our governemnt to acknowledge the illnesses that Agent Orange caused. Many did not live long enough to see that happen. I have a friend who served 19 months as a POW in Laos but his government still will not admit he was ever there OR that he was even a POW. Veterns who served during an "immoral" war deserve no less respect that those who served during any other period of time. Many did not have a choice. I was drafted and went where my country sent me. When and where you served means far less than how you served. I salute ALL veterans who served honorable but I have also been around long enough to know many make the claim but did not earn the right to do so.
Shocked

Frankfort, OH

#10 Oct 13, 2013
bamaplan wrote:
This is after government takes all guns they know who to throw in concertration camp.
It's not the guns they are after, its the ammo. Have you checked the prices and availabilty recently? One VERY EXPENSIVE box per customer IF it is even available.
Machine Gunnar

Whitesboro, NY

#11 Oct 13, 2013
The veterans center is for lowlifes looking for tail
Peacetime Vet

Carthage, NY

#12 Oct 14, 2013
Shocked wrote:
<quoted text>You've "SEEN combat vets at down at the Vet Outreach Center"? How do you know what you saw? Anyone can put on some old military clothes and claim to be a combat veteran. Too many of them are lying. I'm not "better-than-the rest" just better-than-some who want to play on their military experience to get something for nothing. REAL veterans are looking for just what is owed them, nothing more. Viet Nam Veterans just wanted our governemnt to acknowledge the illnesses that Agent Orange caused. Many did not live long enough to see that happen. I have a friend who served 19 months as a POW in Laos but his government still will not admit he was ever there OR that he was even a POW. Veterns who served during an "immoral" war deserve no less respect that those who served during any other period of time. Many did not have a choice. I was drafted and went where my country sent me. When and where you served means far less than how you served. I salute ALL veterans who served honorable but I have also been around long enough to know many make the claim but did not earn the right to do so.
1. I know because I talk to them and I've given at least three money to help them out. How do you know they are lying? BTW, they weren't wearing uniforms. Most of us don't keep wearing them when we get out. You probably still run around in your fatigues.

2. You did not say "better than some." You clearly said that non-combat vets were not considered vets and were the ones making claims (in your opinion). Quote:

“Yep there are people out there who make thse type of claims but before you lump every veteran into the same group, take a serious look at those making these claims. Many never saw real combat and had a less than stellar career while in the military. These are the same type of people who are always looking for a hand out not a hand up. Those of us who served don't even consider these type of people as veterans”

Nice lie, though.

3. I never said those who served in an moral war deserved less respect. You just made that up. All I said was that there was no immoral war going on when I joined.

Nice lie, though.
Machine Gunnar

Meriden, CT

#13 Oct 15, 2013
Peacetime Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I know because I talk to them and I've given at least three money to help them out. How do you know they are lying? BTW, they weren't wearing uniforms. Most of us don't keep wearing them when we get out. You probably still run around in your fatigues.
2. You did not say "better than some." You clearly said that non-combat vets were not considered vets and were the ones making claims (in your opinion). Quote:
“Yep there are people out there who make thse type of claims but before you lump every veteran into the same group, take a serious look at those making these claims. Many never saw real combat and had a less than stellar career while in the military. These are the same type of people who are always looking for a hand out not a hand up. Those of us who served don't even consider these type of people as veterans”
Nice lie, though.
3. I never said those who served in an moral war deserved less respect. You just made that up. All I said was that there was no immoral war going on when I joined.
Nice lie, though.
Agreed!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new downtown hospital 370 beds are you kidding me? 20 min Honestly 102
Observer Disgrace 38 min Moochers delight 4
One Term Tenney 47 min Moochers delight 106
I'm thankful for all the NANO jobs 1 hr Thankful 1
Golden Corral 1 hr yes 3
I Stuff My Turkey With Chicken Riggies and Greens 1 hr lmfao 3
Twin Ponds shoot em up 1 hr Never in waiting 48
I Destroyed Sports at New Hartford. (Jun '14) 2 hr adadadad 72
My Drive Through Utica 10 hr Nobody cares 27
Adult world 14 hr Wash Cut Shoot Duck 20

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages