utica is a sht hole.
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
My Two Cents

United States

#24 Nov 29, 2012
corrupt wrote:
Yep, corrupt leaders, welfare gone a rye, unions, friends and family plans, bad school with to many administrators, refugees, good people smart enough all left, taxing homeowners as the sole solution, spending what the city don't have, forgoten and lost drop outs and dirty career crooks all is what is left of a once great city. Career politicians who use taxpayers money as there own piggy banks, greedy unions sleeping in bed with them, and an uneducated population has made Utica the cesspool capital of the country. Were filthy, were crumbling, were losing businesses everyday, were saturating abandoned homes with refugees, unions are increasing the cost of living and price of doing business, and corruption and crooks are rewarded. If you haven't already left Utica you should seriously take a good look in the mirror and ask yourself why.
"Gone a rye"??? DUMBASS!!! It's AWRY, you damned fool!! Or did you mean welfare has turned into a loaf of RYE BREAD!!?? I LMFAO reading these posts on Topix!!! You people are very entertaining. NOW, GO BACK TO SCHOOL and relearn how to spell simple words!
Anonymous

Fairport, NY

#26 Nov 29, 2012
My Two Cents wrote:
<quoted text> "Gone a rye"??? DUMBASS!!! It's AWRY, you damned fool!! Or did you mean welfare has turned into a loaf of RYE BREAD!!?? I LMFAO reading these posts on Topix!!! You people are very entertaining. NOW, GO BACK TO SCHOOL and relearn how to spell simple words!
I started this topic would you care to comment thanks. I do agree the utica lingo and their spelling is not great .
hopeless and depressed

Galeton, PA

#27 Nov 29, 2012
My Two Cents wrote:
<quoted text> "Gone a rye"??? DUMBASS!!! It's AWRY, you damned fool!! Or did you mean welfare has turned into a loaf of RYE BREAD!!?? I LMFAO reading these posts on Topix!!! You people are very entertaining. NOW, GO BACK TO SCHOOL and relearn how to spell simple words!
Now now, I am only a Proctor High School graduate where I spent my time with the same people running this city. Maybe now you can figure out why Utica is the way it is. It's where our leaders parents called them sunny but often they weren't very bright and moved on because of who they knew and not because of what they know. I'm still glad you find topix entertaining but will not resort to name calling back as long as you get my drift and for me awry is not a simple word. A matter of fact I don't even know exactly what it means besides out of control. thank you for being concerned about my english but I am way over the hill to go back to school where I didn't learn much anyways.
Citizens

Buffalo, NY

#28 Nov 29, 2012
Only you can make it better.
Time to teach the Tards

Rochester, NY

#29 Nov 29, 2012
Big Fat Tony Salerno wrote:
I'm fartin pickled eggs
Please take a big dump in the Original Poster's mouth while he's tea bagging you....lol
can only wish

Galeton, PA

#30 Nov 29, 2012
Citizens wrote:
Only you can make it better.
We can only wish this were true. You can't rid the city of all the corruptness that has been inbreed and imbedded into the politics or so called leaders. Only an outside city manager can make things better unbiased and looking out for the taxpayers with checks and balances which we don't have right now. The damage inflicked by the higher taxes is never going away and it's only getting worse by the same ole crooks who have had there hands in the cookie jars as career employees and leaders of this city. The one and only way I can make anything better is to leave this shit hole once and for all. Utica has sucked the life out of so many that have already made that decision but for me will take just a little bit longer.
Once a Utican

Bristol, CT

#31 Mar 24, 2013
Yes, Utica is a shit hole. In my early twenties I broke my ass for peanuts in one of the local mom and pop machine shops. Finally got smart and got a masters degree in engineering. Over the past twenty years I have lived all over the Northeast and Midwest working for GE and Lockheed Martin. I have experienced some great communities and some not so nice places. Utica is still the biggest dump that I have experienced - on par only with Detroit. Many of the those living in this town do not understand what true quality of life is or will ever experience pride in their community. Much of the blight affecting this city gas been caused by decades of dirty politicians, a good ole boy police deparent, and a populace that is happy to lament on the good old days, but to lazy and ignorant to do the hard work of bringing them back.
Thank god I only come here to visit the graves of my grandparents.
By the way - this city has awsome Italian resturaunts. The best Italian food I have yet experienced can be found all over in this town. To bad Venturas had turned into just another over priced eatery ran by third generation family members that have no savy, business ethic, heart, or personability.
Uticarocks

New Hartford, NY

#32 Mar 24, 2013
The grass is always greener where you water it.
schenectady clifton trash

Manlius, NY

#34 Mar 24, 2013
They have a homosexual with no life or money.
pop

New Hartford, NY

#35 Mar 24, 2013
not a resident wrote:
the only thing utica has going for it are the reataurants and the bleecker st. bakeries. the public schools are bad and this is inclusive of proctor / the east end of utica is in a shambles as well as the cornhall area. the parkway on pleasant st. isn't too great anymore either. the grocery stores are to be overlooked. chanatrys is just a mundane common grocery store no better than a grand union during the 1950's. the traffic is terrible on route 5 with all the stop lights not to mention genesee st with its many stop lights the hospitals are not great. if you need special doctors there is always syracuse or albany medical or better yet rochester, ah now there is a city worth living in but you uticans cannot make rochester your home because most of you are blue collar workers.rochester is professional people. people like truck drivers, used car dealers, waitresses you know the type the people who go to 10th grade then decide to quit school they cannot make it in rochester or any other town so it is probably better you stay in utica new york. too bad utica is such a sht hole your politicians made the city what it is today. your city code inpectors turned the other cheek. the school system failed the kids. don't blame everything on the parents and blks and white trash, everyone in this sht city had a role in making it what it is today. your city government is to blame for most of the problems I doubt I am wrong . by the way like I said I left dear ole utica but still like the restaurants and bakeries cannot beat that anywhere in new york state. wish utica would get some good leaders to straighten out the town.
That is one long run on sentence. Nice effort.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
o.j. simpson parole hearing 11 min Frank Drebbin 5
Gridley Paige singer 19 min Duran Duran 4
Big Boobs 25 min People are stooopit 14
Goodbye Shkane 30 min Oneida 4
Drug Dealer found in UTICA 46 min where da pot at 3
A murder and years later no answers 57 min I know the killer 4
Swampdrivers Band (Aug '16) 58 min Notes 63
Dr. Talarico Married to LaBella's Cousin (Jun '09) 1 hr Newsy 88
Claudia Bad Mouthing 1 hr Stag 31
Police Cover-up in New Hartford 2 hr Sir Osis 46