When are the State Jobs Going To Open...

When are the State Jobs Going To Open Up

Posted in the Utica Forum

Want A State Job

West Leyden, NY

#1 Feb 15, 2010
There just isnt any

“Upscale Trailer Trash”

Level 4

Since: Jan 09

Sauquoit

#2 Feb 16, 2010
"rumor" has it after 4/1... The new retirement tier has to go in effect first. There's also "rumors" that management/support is facing some serious layoffs, opening up more funding for direct care and front line workers.

Word of warning. You NEED to score well on the tests. They aren't even looking at scores below 98.
Brian

Frisco, TX

#3 Feb 16, 2010
I got a 99 on the DAT/ MH Therapy Aid test. But I can't do anything.
Dan Labella

Camillus, NY

#4 Feb 16, 2010
Brian wrote:
Oh yeah, well I got a doctors excuse and that trumps your 99

Level 5

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#5 Feb 16, 2010
Brian wrote:
How serious are you about getting a job? If you are willing to relocate, transfer your scores to the other facilities. NYS is doing very limited hiring right now. It is rumored that layoffs are coming.

Choose your agency and job wisely. OMRRDD direct care in a CIT is one of the safest agencies and jobs to get right now because of the mandated staffing levels, length of training involved and the fact that we actually generate a sizable income. Try transferring your scores to Broome DDSO in Binghamton or Sunmount up in Tupper Lake. I know Broome is looking to fill 9 items numbers and don't know about Sunmount. I do know that they are short staffed in the direct care. You want to apply for a Developmental Disabilities Secure Care treatment Aide Trainee at Broome. They are hiring from the 96 list now but will soon hold another test. They are still on the 100s for Developmental Aides..

I interview for a Resources & Reimbursement Agent trainee 2 for OMH and talked numbers with them. They don't do nearly as well as OMRDD.
Tom

East Syracuse, NY

#6 Feb 16, 2010
NYGunman wrote:
<quoted text>How serious are you about getting a job? If you are willing to relocate, transfer your scores to the other facilities. NYS is doing very limited hiring right now. It is rumored that layoffs are coming.
Choose your agency and job wisely. OMRRDD direct care in a CIT is one of the safest agencies and jobs to get right now because of the mandated staffing levels, length of training involved and the fact that we actually generate a sizable income. Try transferring your scores to Broome DDSO in Binghamton or Sunmount up in Tupper Lake. I know Broome is looking to fill 9 items numbers and don't know about Sunmount. I do know that they are short staffed in the direct care. You want to apply for a Developmental Disabilities Secure Care treatment Aide Trainee at Broome. They are hiring from the 96 list now but will soon hold another test. They are still on the 100s for Developmental Aides..
I interview for a Resources & Reimbursement Agent trainee 2 for OMH and talked numbers with them. They don't do nearly as well as OMRDD.
yes they are looking for 9 because so many people are put on AL a lot is that right how maney are on AL now at Norwich ny gunman
Randy

Frisco, TX

#7 Feb 16, 2010
I hate omrdd. HS dropouts that have friends on the inside, GED morons protected by CSEA. Uneducated fools. Bring Back Pat Maconnell.
not likely

Manlius, NY

#8 Feb 16, 2010
No departments are hiring. Most are doing away with items as they are vacated and many departments may be laying off, especially DOCS.
I think

New York, NY

#9 Feb 16, 2010
Don't bother. I have worked for the state since the Rockefeller days and I have never seen it as bad as it is today. Carey wasn't bad. Cuomo, took weeks of pay away... Pataki hated us. But, this governor is unbelievable. Let's remember he wasn't elected by anybody. He is in way over his head. Forget about new jobs. They don't exsist under this guy.
And people bitching about their tax returns... they should. It's your money. This state makes you over pay just to cover your ass. They are always raising the tax rate. Your on welfare or stupid not to over pay. Postponing payment until April only passes the debt on to the next govenor. Good plan.
Previous poster mentioned DDSO. That's a dead agency. They will merge with OMH and eliminate 600 positions. State jobs? not in this state.
But, I'm sure that makes a few reading this happy.

Level 5

Location hidden

#10 Feb 17, 2010
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
yes they are looking for 9 because so many people are put on AL a lot is that right how maney are on AL now at Norwich ny gunman
Too many.

Level 5

Location hidden

#11 Feb 17, 2010
Randy wrote:
I hate omrdd. HS dropouts that have friends on the inside, GED morons protected by CSEA. Uneducated fools. Bring Back Pat Maconnell.
The workforce has changed from years past. Now it's hard to get in and there are many educated people doing the jobs. I took the job that was below my education level to get my foot in the door and lock in the retirement tier.

Level 5

Location hidden

#12 Feb 17, 2010
not likely wrote:
No departments are hiring. Most are doing away with items as they are vacated and many departments may be laying off, especially DOCS.
I have to disagree wth you. The state is filling jobs on a case by case basis. Just last month Rome DDSO was interviewing people for Developmental Aid Trainee positions. You are right that they are doing away with item numbers through attrition. DOCS is going to get hit hard but with that new positions such as parole officers are going to be needed and filled. We are all waiting for the budget to be passed.

Level 5

Location hidden

#13 Feb 17, 2010
I think wrote:
Previous poster mentioned DDSO. That's a dead agency. They will merge with OMH and eliminate 600 positions. State jobs? not in this state.
But, I'm sure that makes a few reading this happy.
I've heard that rumor that OMH and OMRDD were going to merge. It would make sense in some ways. They have been working towards standardizing job titles in each agency. Of course they were originally together in the first place but divided because each consumer has a different set of needs. OMRDD generally focuses on housing the consumers for life while OMH looks towards getting them back on their own.

The real issue is funding. OMRDD and OMH follow guidlines that might keep them seperate.
fred

Holland Patent, NY

#14 Feb 17, 2010
we donot need any goverment jobs, if you want to work buy your self a hotdog cart and go out and make a living, enought of living off the tax payers with all these make belive jobs the less we ask from the goverment the better off we are

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gary Talarico 13 min Jason 2
why UNEDUCATED FAILURES LIKE ME NEED APPLE STORE 23 min Lansing Street 12
WHY Utica is a rustbelt poverty hole of FAIL! 26 min Lansing Street 12
Line of protesters by Cavallo's last night 30 min CNN News 7
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 43 min Watching 201
Saratoga residents arrested for burglary, polic... 46 min Lansing Street 17
my CUZ 22yo CHARGED WITH MURDER OF 8YO GIRL AND... 48 min Lansing Street 33
Bella Regina 1 hr disgusting 13
tenney 13 hr THANKS O 79

Utica Jobs