Kyle petty kills another driver
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Really

Utica, NY

#64 Aug 12, 2014
Sven wrote:
I don't really care that that kid is dead. I am more said about Robin Williams.
How can you be said (sad) about a guy that takes his own life leaving behind his family, friends, loved ones and fans in such a state, when people are doing everything possible and suffering tremendously to stay alive with cancer and other diseases?
geez

New York, NY

#65 Aug 13, 2014
terrible tragedy anyways
klink

Utica, NY

#66 Aug 13, 2014
Jennifer wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't Kyle Petty that killed someone, it was Jimmy Stewart. The guy was pissed that he got bumped off the track and gets out running towards Stewart. The guy was an idiot for running across the track with speeding cars, what a fool, and he died because of his temper.
awful funny no one else hit him. Everyone was slowed down due to the accident and went around him but the hot head stewart gunned his vehicle and caused the rear end to swerve into the boy. He was apparently trying to spin up dirt into the boys face. This can be negligent homocide.Much the same if a person was walking in the road and being stupid and you drive by being upset that the goof was walking in the road so you bump him with youir bumper to scare him but he falls down and hits his head and dies. See if the police dont charge you. Stewart might get walking papers on this as you can see the big corporate sponsors are behind him. Money talks and bull walks.
Utica is Sewage

Liverpool, NY

#67 Aug 14, 2014
Anyone who cares about this is probably a hick!
For The Record

Utica, NY

#68 Aug 14, 2014
klink wrote:
<quoted text>awful funny no one else hit him. Everyone was slowed down due to the accident and went around him but the hot head stewart gunned his vehicle and caused the rear end to swerve into the boy. He was apparently trying to spin up dirt into the boys face. This can be negligent homocide.Much the same if a person was walking in the road and being stupid and you drive by being upset that the goof was walking in the road so you bump him with youir bumper to scare him but he falls down and hits his head and dies. See if the police dont charge you. Stewart might get walking papers on this as you can see the big corporate sponsors are behind him. Money talks and bull walks.
A professional driver, especially a sprint car driver, uses the accelerator as much as the steering wheel to control their car. Hitting the brake is the worse thing you can do, because it throws the momentum straight in the direction going. You accelerate and turn the steering wheel. The outside traction wheel is supposed to whip the car in the direction turning. When on dirt, it sometimes doesn't react fast enough and Stewart's rear end kicked out striking the guy. The blue and white car ahead of Tony almost clipped him, and then he took two steps further down the track at Tony. Obviously Tony didn't expect the guy to be in the middle of the track and didn't see the guy in time. BTW, I counted 4 cars go by after he got out of his car and onto the track, then the 5th car was the blue and white one and Tony was #6. I believe there were more than 7 cars in the race.
KILLER STEWART

Riverside, IL

#69 Aug 14, 2014
Here is a pic where killer hit's a pit crew because he was too slow in moving a tire so killer could get back to the race.

He was sent to the hospital.

http://buzzpo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/...

He has made threats to run people over.

If there real police he will be charged with manslaughter.
For The Record

Utica, NY

#70 Aug 15, 2014
KILLER STEWART wrote:
Here is a pic where killer hit's a pit crew because he was too slow in moving a tire so killer could get back to the race.
Show us the proof he made those threats. NEVER HAPPENED!!! ALSO, your pic proves nothing. Driver's pull out the instant the jack is released and car hits the ground. The tire changer could have been at fault for moving into his way as he pulled out. You are obviously BIASED because numerous pit crew members have been struck by other drivers as well!!!!! The driver directly behind Tony stated he did everything possible to avoid striking the kid and that it WASN'T his fault!!
For The Record

Utica, NY

#71 Aug 15, 2014
KILLER STEWART wrote:
http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/...
WHAT

Gouverneur, NY

#72 Aug 15, 2014
You don't use the steering you use the rear wheels.

HAAHHAHHAHAA CLOWN

How come the first car turned his wheels.

^^ There is this new thing called the internet, use that welfare computer you have to find the hundred sites which have people who state he was threatening people and has run over people.

Just because you don't have the intelligence to understand a computer doesn't mean that you won't be able to surf the NET, windows has made it so women and kids can,.

Tony Stewart's history of rage: Footage shows NASCAR star's confrontations on the track as investigators say charges have NOT been ruled out over death of fellow racer

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-27219...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

HISTORY OF RAGE
WHAT

Gouverneur, NY

#73 Aug 15, 2014
BIG SHOCKER

The one time, or did we hide the evidence killer.

But on Monday, the sheriff told TMZ Sports that they had turned up no video or audio evidence from Stewart's team because the crew claimed there was none.

TMZ pointed out that this was strange as Stewart commonly used a small camera in his car. Drivers and their crew also communicate regularly over audio during the races.

For The Record

Utica, NY

#74 Aug 15, 2014
WHAT wrote:
HAAHHAHHAHAA CLOWN
^^ There is this new thing called the internet, use that welfare computer you have to find the hundred sites which have people who state he was threatening people and has run over people.
Just because you don't have the intelligence to understand a computer doesn't mean that you won't be able to surf the NET, windows has made it so women and kids can,.
Tony Stewart's history of rage: Footage shows NASCAR star's confrontations on the track as investigators say charges have NOT been ruled out over death of fellow racer
HISTORY OF RAGE
CLOWN???!!!! Because you think you know something and DON'T, someone else that does is a CLOWN??? You are a DIPSHIT. Take a lesson from somebody that KNOWS. There will be some more links to follow from people that are EXPERTS in the field. Save your name calling and insults for yourself, because you deserve them.
http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/video/erin-ev...
For The Record

Utica, NY

#75 Aug 15, 2014
Last names X'd out

FlagShareLikeReply

Paul XXXX from Facebook2 days ago
The rear end is locked so both wheels turn the same speed. My street stock nova does turn very much at slow speed. It wants to push forward. I ran a 60's modified that had the tire stagger it only wants to turn with power on . When running under yellow i tried to keep pace with the car ahead. Eyes on him. Keeping my place in line. Tony did best he or anyone could .

Flag XXXX 3 days ago
Unless you have ever driven on dirt or gravel roads around tight banked corners you should not attempt to argue with this scenario. If an attempt is made to brake or turn sharply downhill in the corner then your rear will skid uphill. It requires a hit on the gas to direct the car momentum down the bank and only a driver would know how to manipulate the car in a given instance. It could be either way in this case and we may never know for sure if Stewart was attempting to correct his vehicle to get away, never saw till it was too late, or gunned gas to keep down on track. Don't judge without even knowing what it even takes to do the maneuver.
For The Record

Utica, NY

#76 Aug 15, 2014
WHAT wrote:
HAAHHAHHAHAA CLOWN
HISTORY OF RAGE
You obviously can't read - Fourth paragraph in link http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/...

ďPeople say that they heard the engine rev up and he gassed it,Ē Sparks said of Stewart.ďIn a sprint car, the only way to steer is you steer with the rear wheels as much as you do the steering wheel. In my opinion, what he did was he (Stewart) gassed it to turn down away from him (Ward).Ē
For The Record

Utica, NY

#77 Aug 15, 2014
From a Sprint Car racing forum:
clamxxxx2013 - Aug 13, 2014 at 9:59 PM
I think this is exactly what happened. He blippíd the throttle to make it turn. I stated this in my reply the next day. I raced sprint cars for 15 years and my son still races sprints. This is a tragedy. We have lost several great sprint cars racers in the last few years. It is the nature of the competition. The shame is that the driver entered the racing line. Nobody does that. These cars do not have transmissions and cannot move around the track slowly without overheating. Drivers keep a good clip going until just before the restart. These are all things that people do not know that are coming down on Stewart.
522 18
brmoxxxx - Aug 13, 2014 at 4:27 PM
The ignorance of the engine rev is just astounding. They are racing on a dirt track, in order to turn, you basically NEED to rev the engine. Stewart tried to turn left but the kid was just too far out onto the middle of the track. Also he almost got hit by TWO cars before Stewart, not one.
1251 71
Yes these style cars steer with the throttle and also canít stop without stalling, which would cause total loss of steering as they have no clutch to engage to stop.
Thus to steer away from a potential accident you have to use the engines rpmís by throttling up hard and fast. These are not some little street cars and do not even come close to steering like one.
As far as a witness saying he knew Tonyís intent is pure and utter nonsense!
Wards father is upset and rightfully so, he lost a son RIP but lay the blame on the action of him nothing else!
394 23
spaxxxx - Aug 13, 2014 at 9:34 PM
As a race driver (amateur-SCCA), the whole story scares me. It scares me because I worry that some day someone will come running on a track and if I donít avoid him Iíll be considered responsible.
When thereís a full course yellow, the last thing Iím worried about is someone running on track. We are told, and this is the same in ALL racing, to put our trust in the officials. Iím pacing myself with the car in front, looking for emergency vehicles, checking my mirrors. Tony was doing all these things, and trying to keep the car from stalling, these cars have no clutch.
When I race I have wear a HANS device. Iíll bet Iím the only one on this thread whoís worn one. If you havenít you should go to a race shop and try one on with the helmet attached strapped in a seat. You can forget about moving your head more than about 40deg.
Like Tonyís my car has no differential gear. So many people donít understand what this means, so let me explain. Your road car has a set of gears between the drive wheels that let them turn at different speeds. Great on a road car, but not so good on a race car. Under hard cornering the weight leans to the outside, with a normal differential the inside tire just spins, and the car accelerates poorly. One of the simplest solutions to the problem is to not have a differential.
The only problem is that at slow speeds the car does not want to turn. You turn the wheel, but the rear tires are just trying to push the car straight ahead. It will turn, but not like your normal car. If you turn the wheel hard the front tires will just break traction.
The only front brake on Tonyís car was on the left wheel
Donít take my word for it, do the research on locked or welded rear ends (no differential). Google how sprint cars work.
Driving a race car is nothing like driving a road car. If you have no experience driving a race car please do not comment on what you think Tony could have done, did, or should have done. Iím sorry, but you have no idea what you are talking about.
309 10
For The Record

Utica, NY

#78 Aug 15, 2014
One more

moxxxx- Aug 13, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Kevin was not hit by the other cars because both he and those drivers took evasive action . He was not looking for them. He searched out Tony and charged his car.By charging Tonyís car he limited Tonyís option in missing him. Tony did not search him out . Quite the other way around. Look at the videos . Tony did all he could do. I know the Ward family is hurting and devastated, but they need to look at those videos with their eyes wide open and understand Kevin needs to take responsibility for his own actions. He died doing what he loved but should have stayed in the car or handled his anger off the racing surface.

188 12
Bolly the Dolly

Roslindale, MA

#79 Aug 15, 2014
Kyle Petty "I thought it was a speed bump "
KILLER

Gouverneur, NY

#81 Aug 15, 2014
Tony Stewart is running on tilt in 2004. Maybe he thinks that his famous temper flare-ups in 2002 won him a Championship so he needs to get back to the "old Tony" in order to win another? Whatever the reasoning someone needs to sit him down and explain the limits of acceptable behavior to him. At the rate he is going in 2004, he is going to hurt someone.
Diane Palmer

Blossvale, NY

#82 Aug 15, 2014
Who th F.Cares people who drive around in circles are clowns stupid like the people who watch them
Bob

Gouverneur, NY

#83 Aug 15, 2014
KILLER wrote:
Tony Stewart is running on tilt in 2004. Maybe he thinks that his famous temper flare-ups in 2002 won him a Championship so he needs to get back to the "old Tony" in order to win another? Whatever the reasoning someone needs to sit him down and explain the limits of acceptable behavior to him. At the rate he is going in 2004, he is going to hurt someone.
He has motive. The fist driver to encounter the kid swerved with no problem, so the fools trying to save their sport are just doing that.
Dr Answer

Utica, NY

#84 Aug 15, 2014
Bob wrote:
<quoted text> He has motive. The fist driver to encounter the kid swerved with no problem, so the fools trying to save their sport are just doing that.
No legit reason for an experienced driver to be that high on the track in that circumstance unless he was trying to make a point. I guess he made it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Non-Profit Agenices Chief Executive Salary 4 min Bill 2
ed welsh has been riding dirty 23 min A voter 15
Bri Joaquin 26 min Jackass 2
NH Football finally over. 2 hr poalyu 5
Scumbags of Utica! Name one! 2 hr Petra Grandis 10
does joe hobiaca 123credit restoration really w... 2 hr Fact 5
Albany Looking to Land Amazon 2 hr Truth 8
Why always destroying! 3 hr MARIOPUSS shE PA ... 42
Cover up at OCJ 4 hr Hiding behind a b... 28
New Hartford is the new East Utica! 15 hr Dedicated Website 42