Truth

Utica, NY

#136 Apr 10, 2013
Yea OK wrote:
Seriously Dude, it's like topic after topic talking about Santa Claus (a fictional character that don't exist)
Seriously Dude, don't click the link.

In all seriousness, there is a lot of garbage here on Topix with new being posted every day. And yet you don't rail on that trash that just goes on and on. I think there is a thread called "Glen Beck Sucks" that now has over 10,000 posts.

This topic, in my opinion, needs to stay in front of everyone because of the taxpayer funding aspect. As many as possible need to know if any taxpayer dollars are going to be spent on this. Unless you haven't been paying attention you might know that New York in general and this area in particular is headed down the tubes. Spending tax dollars on a hockey team is a foolish thing to do at this point in time and unless people are paying attention the same people who have ruined this state will try to slip this through.
taxpayer

Herkimer, NY

#137 Apr 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
In all seriousness, there is a lot of garbage here on Topix with new being posted every day. And yet you don't rail on that trash that just goes on and on. I think there is a thread called "Glen Beck Sucks" that now has over 10,000 posts.
This topic, in my opinion, needs to stay in front of everyone because of the taxpayer funding aspect. As many as possible need to know if any taxpayer dollars are going to be spent on this. Unless you haven't been paying attention you might know that New York in general and this area in particular is headed down the tubes. Spending tax dollars on a hockey team is a foolish thing to do at this point in time and unless people are paying attention the same people who have ruined this state will try to slip this through.
We have no recourse. There is no way to make our representatives do what we would like.
David Smith

Manlius, NY

#138 Apr 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy the team...
taxpayer

Herkimer, NY

#139 Apr 10, 2013
David Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy the team...
What team?
wager

Sherburne, NY

#140 Apr 10, 2013
Yea OK wrote:
You guys are all crazy - give it up already, move on, no team coming , stop wasting the TOPIX away!!!
What do you wanna bet the AHL will come here? Providing you have any money! lol
Utica Flames

Sherburne, NY

#141 Apr 10, 2013
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
What team?
US!
Truth

Utica, NY

#142 Apr 11, 2013
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
We have no recourse. There is no way to make our representatives do what we would like.
Not true.

When representatives recieve email and phone calls they make a calculation. They assume that for each person that actually gets off their butts and complains there many more who share that opinion. The worse thing they can hear is that if they vote this way or that on a particular issue, you won't vote for them next time. Or, that you will be even more active in opposing them. That's why even if this is only rumored then it is worth a call or email. It may well be that they are maneuvering behind the scenes for something as foolish as money for a hockey team. If they think they may be embarassed or that it will hurt them politically, they will stop.

Call or email Griffo and Brindisi. Tell them you've heard and read rumors about an AHL team coming to Utica and that they are depending on taxpayer funding in some manner. Tell them what you think of that and what you will do in response if they don't decide the way you would like. You'd be surprised with what happens if enough people stand up.
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#143 Apr 11, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.
When representatives recieve email and phone calls they make a calculation. They assume that for each person that actually gets off their butts and complains there many more who share that opinion. The worse thing they can hear is that if they vote this way or that on a particular issue, you won't vote for them next time. Or, that you will be even more active in opposing them. That's why even if this is only rumored then it is worth a call or email. It may well be that they are maneuvering behind the scenes for something as foolish as money for a hockey team. If they think they may be embarassed or that it will hurt them politically, they will stop.
Call or email Griffo and Brindisi. Tell them you've heard and read rumors about an AHL team coming to Utica and that they are depending on taxpayer funding in some manner. Tell them what you think of that and what you will do in response if they don't decide the way you would like. You'd be surprised with what happens if enough people stand up.
...or you can just email or call them and thank them in advance.
taxpayer

Herkimer, NY

#144 Apr 11, 2013
Stanwix Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
No thinking person would do that.
Truth

Utica, NY

#145 Apr 11, 2013
Stanwix Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank them for what?

For passing a budget that raises taxes/fees and cuts funding to things like aid to developmentally disabled people? For passing a higher minimum wage that will result in job less and make this New York less friendly to private sector small business? Maybe thank them for the fact that the cost of the increase in minimum wage is being partially funded by taxpayers through tax breaks and subsidies? Should we thank them for not doing anything about the systemic problems like pension/healthcare costs that are the main drivers of tax increases?.........

The list goes on and on but anyone with half a brain gets the point and understands that this is not the time to fund entertainment. Especially entertainment that serves such a small slice of the population.
Yea OK

New Hartford, NY

#146 Apr 11, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that all u care about is taxes? It's literally all you have to say about this Santa-Claus team is the taxes? Get a life...you should be talking about goals, hits and pucks instead idiot. Oh, and for your Glenn Beck comeback, he at least is a REAL living thing!!!! Not some ghost of a hockey team, so STFU already!
Yea OK

New Hartford, NY

#147 Apr 11, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank them for what?
For passing a budget that raises taxes/fees and cuts funding to things like aid to developmentally disabled people? For passing a higher minimum wage that will result in job less and make this New York less friendly to private sector small business? Maybe thank them for the fact that the cost of the increase in minimum wage is being partially funded by taxpayers through tax breaks and subsidies? Should we thank them for not doing anything about the systemic problems like pension/healthcare costs that are the main drivers of tax increases?.........
The list goes on and on but anyone with half a brain gets the point and understands that this is not the time to fund entertainment. Especially entertainment that serves such a small slice of the population.
Yep, here we go again...talkin bout budget/taxes. It must so suck to be you. The boredom levels must be going through the roof. Look, we all hate taxes and how they're spent and I don't see a solution anytime soon so if this team comes (which I highly doubt will) just enjoy it!
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#148 Apr 11, 2013
Yea OK wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, here we go again...talkin bout budget/taxes. It must so suck to be you. The boredom levels must be going through the roof. Look, we all hate taxes and how they're spent and I don't see a solution anytime soon so if this team comes (which I highly doubt will) just enjoy it!
You'll enjoy it.
David Smith

Manlius, NY

#149 Apr 11, 2013
News coming after their season is over...
just me

Herkimer, NY

#150 Apr 11, 2013
Stanwix Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll enjoy it.
I enjoy the UC hockey games, which will really be played in the Utica Aud this fall.
just me

Herkimer, NY

#151 Apr 11, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.
You are so naive. Elected reps in this area are predetermined for you before the election.

KY WELLER
Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#152 Apr 11, 2013
Yea OK wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that all u care about is taxes? It's literally all you have to say about this Santa-Claus team is the taxes? Get a life...you should be talking about goals, hits and pucks instead idiot. Oh, and for your Glenn Beck comeback, he at least is a REAL living thing!!!! Not some ghost of a hockey team, so STFU already!
Nah,he's angling for legalized slave labor so he can have all the money.
Truth

Utica, NY

#153 Apr 12, 2013
Yea OK wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously taxes are not the only thing that concerns me. What I'm looking at is where we've come from and where we are heading and it's because of government and more that that, the people of the state of New York who sit back and let this happen. The problem goes well beyond public funding of this hockey team but that funding(if it exists) is a symptom.

Not a Glenn Beck fan at all.

New York is ranked 50 out of 50 in being friendly to business. It's because of the massive publc sector union workforce, over the top regulation from parts of that workforce, crazy mandates/social programs and taxes/fees. Anyone with half a brain knows that wealth starts in the private sector and without private sector business there can be nothing else in the long run. When government continually throws away money on these pet projects it hurts everyone.

New York, especially upstate New York where we live, is a beautiful place to live. We are allowing our state and local governments to ruin that. That's what I care about.
Truth

Utica, NY

#154 Apr 12, 2013
KY WELLER wrote:
<quoted text> Nah,he's angling for legalized slave labor so he can have all the money.
You are very wrong.

I'm hoping for a place where there are plenty of jobs for everyone, not slave labor. I want there to be opportunities for everyone to thrive and succeed. Business creates that place. Not government and certainly not AHL hockey teams. We aren't going to get anywhere by raising taxes, paying for public sector union benefits, increasing social programs and funding projects like an AHL team for Utica.
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#155 Apr 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very wrong.
I'm hoping for a place where there are plenty of jobs for everyone, not slave labor. I want there to be opportunities for everyone to thrive and succeed. Business creates that place. Not government and certainly not AHL hockey teams. We aren't going to get anywhere by raising taxes, paying for public sector union benefits, increasing social programs and funding projects like an AHL team for Utica.
I hope you do enjoy the games at least.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Billy Wheeler 33 min Hes a molester 21
Esche thread deleted...too hot to handle? 35 min Zora Zora Zora 81
Guess who didnt graduate from ND 36 min Zora Zora Zora 59
omg PUNK SMITH SAYING HE'S GOING TO TALK TO COP 1 hr gutless Dave 29
the ]\[lqqer THINKS REAL MEN WITH MONEY CARE WH... 1 hr gutless Dave 54
to WHEELER FAMILY SICK COMMENTS MADE ABOUT YOU 1 hr punk smith 6
fat WELFARE SLOB PRETENDS TO GET WHITESBORO ADD... 1 hr punk smith 3
rob esche getting divorced 1 hr Typical Esche Move 40
Tony's Washington Mills 5 hr Officer hottie 9
Proctor graduation 15 hr Proctard Fail 36