New York looks to strengthen animal a...

New York looks to strengthen animal abuse laws

There are 5 comments on the WSTM-TV Syracuse story from Dec 19, 2013, titled New York looks to strengthen animal abuse laws. In it, WSTM-TV Syracuse reports that:

Numerous incidents of animal abuse in Central New York have led to a revived effort from lawmakers and advocates to strengthen laws against animal cruelty, neglect and abuse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSTM-TV Syracuse.

Cat Lady

Utica, NY

#1 Dec 19, 2013
I was at this meeting last night. I feel like the tide is turning and next year could be the year we change the very outdated laws this state has for animal abuse. But it will only happen if we continue to show strength in numbers; there was a big crowd last night. Thanks to Assembly man Brindisi for organizing this program.
Dream World

Herkimer, NY

#2 Dec 19, 2013
Cat Lady wrote:
I was at this meeting last night. I feel like the tide is turning and next year could be the year we change the very outdated laws this state has for animal abuse. But it will only happen if we continue to show strength in numbers; there was a big crowd last night. Thanks to Assembly man Brindisi for organizing this program.
This surely would be a good thing to happen but I am sure it will be business as usual for those with a hookup. People forget to soon and things seem to vanish. Its the old stall and toss trick that gets us every time. Justice exists only in a dream world.
michele

Ardsley, NY

#3 Dec 28, 2013
Who , in NY, do you contact to make changes in the laws?
See through NY

Albany, NY

#4 Dec 29, 2013
Why doesn't Anthony Brindisi hold meetings for disabled people being abused in state care?
It is happening in staggering numbers but no news for him to grandstand!
315 Fail Central

Farmington, CT

#5 Dec 29, 2013
michele wrote:
Who , in NY, do you contact to make changes in the laws?
LOL apparently schools in CNY don't teach government?!?!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is the mafia still in Utica? (Jul '08) 51 min Meatball 225
Does anyone know Adel Browne? He's been f**g cr... 58 min Concerned Friend 8
Culver Ave park across from Parkway pizza 1 hr Taxpayer 2
Jewish Voter Question 1 hr Sophia 4
Blacks in Clinton and New York Mills 1 hr Bob Light 11
top basketball players 1 hr div two at best 24
Hillary For Prison 1 hr Liberals forcing ... 6
Turning stone 7 hr S P L A T 49

Utica Jobs

More from around the web