USA Eliminating Girls Hockey

Posted in the Utica Forum

USA Licensed

New Hartford, NY

#1 Mar 16, 2014
One of the items on the agenda for USA Hockey Board Submitted Vote next month is only allowing USA Sanctioned girls teams 16u and up.

This eliminating most organizations that are rapidly declining and merging with others due to the lack of players registering.

I think this is a good move since there is no contact until Bantam level anyway. There is no reason girls cant play with the boys until then.
Nh Pride

New Hartford, NY

#2 Mar 17, 2014
I heard that. It's about time. New Hartford and Wboro numbers are barely enough to make one team at each level yet there are about 20 girls from each organization on girls teams. Soon these kids won't have enough to support a full team.
Gay

Utica, NY

#3 Mar 17, 2014
Hockey is as gay as soccer. Fckin euorofag sports!
John S

Canastota, NY

#4 Mar 17, 2014
Go CNY Bobcats 14U State Champions!!!!!!!!!!
Nh Pride

New Hartford, NY

#5 Mar 18, 2014
14u champions?? They only played 9 teams all season.
Nh Pride

New Hartford, NY

#6 Mar 19, 2014
They should not allow girls teams. Other organizations suffer being short players. Our area is at an all time low in players.
Blueliner

New Hartford, NY

#7 Mar 20, 2014
I agree. I know Clinton and Morrisville both stuggled in numbers this year and the girls all left to join girls team. That hurts everyone else.
John S

Canastota, NY

#8 Mar 20, 2014
Nh Pride - They played 24 teams (and counting) this season with a record of 33 wins, 15 losses and 5 ties. Didn't the Mohawk Valley Jr. Comets have something to do with players leaving organizations? How about the increase in the costs associated with the game? Maybe this has something to do with organizations not attracting new players to the game? Good luck finding new players.
Frank Meola

Utica, NY

#10 Mar 21, 2014
Hockey is so gayyyy
CNYer

Rome, NY

#11 Mar 21, 2014
Just because you can't draw girls into your respective girls hockey programs, don't you dare try to destroy the only successful independent girls hockey program in the area -- the Bobcats! SAY NO TO LIMITING SANCTIONS TO 16U!!!!!!

Dr. Mish rules!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Conrad the Scummy Lad Chaya (Mar '11) 4 min rollonervy 17
YWCA-Natalie Brown (May '11) 33 min ddd 67
Utica Aud: AHL Welfare All-Star game 41 min large marge 204
Amy Warney True or False 1 hr Never trust cops 1
Who is the Best Cancer Doctor in the area? 1 hr Been there 5
Parkway Drugs Pharmacy is the Worst. 1 hr parkway is great 11
Laurie Larkin living back in the hood 1 hr Billy 7
The WORST Contractors in Central NY (May '10) 13 hr Bend Over IanHob 294
Bernadette Romano-Clark 13 hr Annette 12
Utica Dating