Board extinguishes last hope for the ...

Board extinguishes last hope for the utica mission

Posted in the Utica Forum

Worried donor

Whitesboro, NY

#1 Aug 14, 2014
The board actually did the unthinkable today. They hired a poor sap from the outside. They went against the staff and many community and donors wishes. Some donors including myself have had to call and stop our yearly donations. I feel bad for mr talarico. But mostly for this new guy. He doesn't know what he's walking into. I believe it's time to investigate what's really going on inside the mission. If the board is deemed incompetent then who has the say to elect new members? From what I hear everyone has lost all faith and confidence in this board. Shame on them, what happened to doing what is right? Mr talarico was well known in the community, respected, knew true mission work and cared about the mission. He was the only one able to turn things around after last years mess. Some phone calls will be made.
Get Help

United States

#2 Aug 15, 2014
Get the attorney general's office involved. A few staff complaints will spark an investigation.
Worried donor wrote:
The board actually did the unthinkable today. They hired a poor sap from the outside. They went against the staff and many community and donors wishes. Some donors including myself have had to call and stop our yearly donations. I feel bad for mr talarico. But mostly for this new guy. He doesn't know what he's walking into. I believe it's time to investigate what's really going on inside the mission. If the board is deemed incompetent then who has the say to elect new members? From what I hear everyone has lost all faith and confidence in this board. Shame on them, what happened to doing what is right? Mr talarico was well known in the community, respected, knew true mission work and cared about the mission. He was the only one able to turn things around after last years mess. Some phone calls will be made.
Tell me it aint so

Herkimer, NY

#3 Aug 15, 2014
What! Is this true? There is no way they picked an outsider. I will stop my donations also if an outsider comes to town.
Worried donor wrote:
Galb

Ashburn, VA

#4 Aug 15, 2014
Yeah
Community member

Herkimer, NY

#5 Aug 16, 2014
Very sad news. Sounds like the board doesn't care, their decision proves it!
Gene

Chatham, NY

#6 Aug 17, 2014
This is shame. Erni good dude. Erni sty strung you wil get it son
Worried donor wrote:
TWO BY FOUR

Yorkville, NY

#7 Aug 18, 2014
While Ernie's heart is right for the job, the rest of his "credentials" are not... there were other candidates (including another internal person) that were not considered either... there is definitely something wrong there, but will take more than comments in here to get things moving...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unstable Fire Marshall 14 min Notgood 5
12 north sports bar 16 min Interestedviewer 5
Roy Moore 1 hr Stan 68
Wktv teddy bear toss worst show ever 3 hr Blackheart 20
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 4 hr Snopper 1,211
New Hartford plowing bare roads, Who is running... 4 hr Reney 7
Shop with a Cop 5 hr More Freebies Please 9
Kaitlyn Conley Guilty 7 hr jim 244
NH Hoops Fans 8 hr akjdakd 54
Keeler oweing money 9 hr Taxpayer 44