Board extinguishes last hope for the utica mission

Posted in the Utica Forum

Worried donor

Utica, NY

#1 Aug 14, 2014
The board actually did the unthinkable today. They hired a poor sap from the outside. They went against the staff and many community and donors wishes. Some donors including myself have had to call and stop our yearly donations. I feel bad for mr talarico. But mostly for this new guy. He doesn't know what he's walking into. I believe it's time to investigate what's really going on inside the mission. If the board is deemed incompetent then who has the say to elect new members? From what I hear everyone has lost all faith and confidence in this board. Shame on them, what happened to doing what is right? Mr talarico was well known in the community, respected, knew true mission work and cared about the mission. He was the only one able to turn things around after last years mess. Some phone calls will be made.
Get Help

United States

#2 Aug 15, 2014
Get the attorney general's office involved. A few staff complaints will spark an investigation.
Worried donor wrote:
The board actually did the unthinkable today. They hired a poor sap from the outside. They went against the staff and many community and donors wishes. Some donors including myself have had to call and stop our yearly donations. I feel bad for mr talarico. But mostly for this new guy. He doesn't know what he's walking into. I believe it's time to investigate what's really going on inside the mission. If the board is deemed incompetent then who has the say to elect new members? From what I hear everyone has lost all faith and confidence in this board. Shame on them, what happened to doing what is right? Mr talarico was well known in the community, respected, knew true mission work and cared about the mission. He was the only one able to turn things around after last years mess. Some phone calls will be made.
Tell me it aint so

Utica, NY

#3 Aug 15, 2014
What! Is this true? There is no way they picked an outsider. I will stop my donations also if an outsider comes to town.
Worried donor wrote:
Galb

Ashburn, VA

#4 Aug 15, 2014
Yeah
Community member

Utica, NY

#5 Aug 16, 2014
Very sad news. Sounds like the board doesn't care, their decision proves it!
Gene

Plantsville, CT

#6 Aug 17, 2014
This is shame. Erni good dude. Erni sty strung you wil get it son
Worried donor wrote:
TWO BY FOUR

Rome, NY

#7 Aug 18, 2014
While Ernie's heart is right for the job, the rest of his "credentials" are not... there were other candidates (including another internal person) that were not considered either... there is definitely something wrong there, but will take more than comments in here to get things moving...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why CANT THAT RASH FAT SLOB FINGERS PROVE IT LI... 6 min welfare rash 5
Parole Officer Incident at Denny's 9 min welfare rash 424
whats your favorite sex position and why 14 min Subie 5
Happy Kwanzaa ! 17 min ShaQuan 8
Will you buy products made in China? 27 min Ex Union Guy 2
Welfare Hockey In Utica 59 min Steve Miller 13
Why Robert T Oliveira 1 hr Ooohhhh Yeeeaaah 8
Jill WKTV 5 hr Buckley pool 46
Serious car accident in Utica 11 hr Big Hipped Utican 40
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:03 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:03PM
2014 NFL Draft Picks Who Already Look Like Home Runs
Bleacher Report 9:41 PM
Breaking Down Eagles' Game Plan vs. Giants
Bleacher Report10:49 PM
Jets vs. Dolphins: What Are Experts Saying About New York?
Bleacher Report12:04 AM
Jets' Week 17 Preview vs. Dolphins
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Buffalo Bills vs. New England Patriots: Complete Week 17 Preview for New England
Bleacher Report 5:04 AM
New York Jets vs. Miami Dolphins: Complete Week 17 Preview for Miami
NBC Sports 5:09 AM
Friday morning one-liners
NBC Sports 7:52 AM
Antrel Rolle knows finishing well no guarantee 2015 will be any better for Giants
Bleacher Report10:07 AM
Giants RB Williams Questionable for Week 17
NBC Sports10:35 AM
Vick talks future, wants to keep playing - NBC Sports