Cost of UFD Working on Ball Field

Cost of UFD Working on Ball Field

Posted in the Utica Forum

Pacemaker Pete

Albany, NY

#1 Jul 31, 2014
Will the State Legion Baseball Tournament Committee be reimbursing The City of Utica for the UFD man hours and equipment that was used to pump water off Murnane Field today?

The City is broke and the UFD complement is below a safe number. Sending firefighters to pump water from a baseball field is a horrible waste of precious resources!

In times like these, such a waste of tax dollars is inexcusable. I hope Mayor Palmieri sends the committee a bill for this!
Jim Gattis

Carthage, NY

#2 Jul 31, 2014
Do what I did back when I managed the Blue Sox and pour a little gas on it and set it on fire
Gil The Thrill

Albany, NY

#5 Aug 1, 2014
Four firefighters
One Truck
Two Pumps
Five Hours

Pretty expensive afternoon for the already overburdened taxpayers of Utica.
thecleaner

Ardsley, NY

#6 Aug 1, 2014
Bring it back to Rome
Dude

Syracuse, NY

#7 Aug 1, 2014
They should be doing it all for free
MrRepetitive

Utica, NY

#8 Aug 1, 2014
Utica SamboTech Summit wrote:
Well what did you expect? That's Utica CNY where "Sports Glory for neanderthal idiot losers" takes precedent over jobs, marketable skills, low taxes and kids' futures.
Fckn city full of desperate losers. How funny!
There he goes again..sports glory, neanderthal, idiot, losers...

If I have one wish it would be to teach you a few new words to use. Sadly, that would be a task far too big for you to handle.
what else

Utica, NY

#9 Aug 1, 2014
Gil The Thrill wrote:
Four firefighters
One Truck
Two Pumps
Five Hours
Pretty expensive afternoon for the already overburdened taxpayers of Utica.
This is a real question...if the fire fighters and their equipment was available to do that work and they were getting paid anyway, what harm is it for them to pitch in to help out?

They are getting paid whether they sit in the firehouse doing nothing or out doing something for the community. I guess I don't see the harm. If they were incurring some extra expense then I would say perhaps they needed to be reimbursed for that. I'm not sure any expense they incurred was anything other than the gas to get the trucks there.
Chief Brooks

Syracuse, NY

#10 Aug 1, 2014
I don't want anyone to use Topix to disparage the UFD. We're the only city dept. that does anything! When we got done pumping off the field we had the decency to go back to the firehouse to have our chicken riggies and tomato pie. I even purchased a case of beer for them to consume for the hard work they did.(Of course, I will be reimbursed by the city) I still have my Hess gas card for my city vehicle and my personal vehicle. And I will be getting a 12.5% pay raise this Sept. on top of my $122K annual salary. Life is good, here in Utica.
Bob

Syracuse, NY

#11 Aug 1, 2014
its part of what they need to do for the community and isn't enough sadly. UFD should be paying back some of the money to the public in fact for what they actually do.
Then dont read

United States

#12 Aug 1, 2014
MrRepetitive wrote:
<quoted text>
There he goes again..sports glory, neanderthal, idiot, losers...
If I have one wish it would be to teach you a few new words to use. Sadly, that would be a task far too big for you to handle.
Here's some new words: GoFuck your mother how's that?

Nothing to add, just butthurt and wah wah wah. Your FD wasted all that effort and all you can do is cry. We see who's repetitive here LOL!
MrRepetitive

Utica, NY

#13 Aug 1, 2014
Then dont read wrote:
<quoted text>Here's some new words: GoFuck your mother how's that?
Nothing to add, just butthurt and wah wah wah. Your FD wasted all that effort and all you can do is cry. We see who's repetitive here LOL!
Ah you've once against proven my point that you are nothing but a low-life parasite who learned a new word once about a year ago and feels compelled to use it in every sentence so as to not forget how to spell it.

You continue to prove to all of us that your intelligence is second only to a rock and even then it is a close battle. You contribute nothing to society except a massive waste of oxygen. You sit back in your mommy's basement covered in oils to limit the calluses on your hands and somehow think that you except any of us to believe that you'd actually have any idea how to run a household, a business or a city. All you know how to run is your month and even that you have to keep on auto-pilot most of the time because forming a coherent thought is a daily struggle for parasites like yourself.

Now...get off of our planet you parasite
Then dont read

United States

#15 Aug 1, 2014
Bob wrote:
its part of what they need to do for the community and isn't enough sadly. UFD should be paying back some of the money to the public in fact for what they actually do.
Leech sports suckers come first I suppose. Sadly their gay tourney was rained out and no futures were set in the poverty no-name school loser games. lmao!
societyleech

Utica, NY

#16 Aug 1, 2014
I suppose those give me a hand-out leeches deserve to come before kids participating in youth sports. They are out doing something while you are sitting here bashing them. Remind me again who the real leech might be????
OH MASTER CAN

Utica, NY

#19 Aug 1, 2014
Good threads for you, stick to threads like, how to tie shoes, how to add washer fluid, how can I get a new obama phone.
ufd

Utica, NY

#20 Aug 3, 2014
Low life
Ya, all you Jerk offs bitch about wasted tax dollars, High salaries, padded pensions (mine), benefits, and just about any other thing that the Fire department has received over the years. You forget to mention that you to were in that line to take the test , but oops oh no just could not make the grade, Ya every one bitches about what UFD make haves, Does, Looks like, till its your kid CHOCKING , YOUR WIFE WITH CHEST PAINS, YOUR KIDS TRAPPED ON THE SECOND FLOOR. OR YOU WITH YOUR ARM CUT HALF OFF BECAUSE YOU HAD ONE TOO MANY AFTER YOUR BIG GOLF GAME AND SMASHED THE MINI VAN, idiots .Fire Departments are the only jobs that MEN willing give there lives to help others and ONLY in this DUMP UTICA its BITCHED about, Funny thing is your wife is probably so tired of you bitching about us , shes tasted a few UFD

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Hartford Baskets 7 min Who s On First 27
Melanie Grzesik Crack and Heroin (Jan '17) 10 min Tom 10
Pushy Policeman 26 min arch stanton 7
Comets Suck Again... 36 min notbuyingit 6
moore pulls ahead 49 min Hockey Reality 15
Par 1 hr Union needs to be... 78
Adrianna Out of Control 1 hr Thank god 11
UPD pushed Bosnian to the ground 13 hr UPD Old School 30
Unstable Fire Marshall 14 hr Tito 67
12 north sports bar 14 hr Old V baller 28