Make a million in Utica... really.

Make a million in Utica... really.

Posted in the Utica Forum

Plymouth

Fayetteville, NY

#1 Aug 25, 2009
Utica needs a reality show.

Get some c-list celebrities to move in to the Hotel Utica and show the world their reactions to the way utica gets down!

ANY network would buy the ensueing disaster!
Rdelpico

Houston, TX

#2 Aug 26, 2009
Bad idea. My friend came to visit me from Florida. He was so depressed after looking at this city that he made his week visit 3 days. Said that he felt like he had went back in time with all the old broken down buildings.
adklakes

United States

#4 Aug 26, 2009
oh pleeeze...send everyone in Utica to Central Florida, they will return feeling like they live in the most cosmopolitan place in the world...
Jan 1 2010 should be leave Oneida County day..don't like it? leave..its a free country, posting on Topix complaining is so typical...bitch bitch bitch..did you vote?, when was the last time you were at the Musueum? the Stanley? did you go to any programs open to the public in our local colleges? been to Sculpture Space? read any local history lately?..and when we are on that vein, did you contribute to the United Way or Community Foundation?
If living South of the Mason-Dixson Line is so appealing..lets get everyone that hates Central New York on a bus to go...I'd rather have 1000 people that like living here, that want to make it work...here is a clear way to spot a complainer..they will usually say "no" to "have you traveled outside the continental US?"
and they will not be able to tell you who the 2 US senators are from New York State, and will not accurately know the population of New York State...asking the last 2 questions, and it will quickly let you judge the persons' level of reason..the first will give you their level of exposure....oh and please, Florida? the cultural void of America...I bet he likes to dance at beach bars, go to Roy Rogers and thinks Olive Garden needs to come to Oneida County.
Yeah Right

Manlius, NY

#5 Aug 26, 2009
Rdelpico wrote:
Bad idea. My friend came to visit me from Florida. He was so depressed after looking at this city that he made his week visit 3 days. Said that he felt like he had went back in time with all the old broken down buildings.
Say what you want about Oneida County, but Florida, Come on!! its done!! although I could pick up a foreclosed house for fifty cents...
Utica

New York, NY

#6 Aug 26, 2009
Utica is about 20 years behind any other location. Do you think MWPAI is something special, sculpture space, I better bring a gun there...
I can see how your friend could be depressed, ADKLAKES just never left Utica so they do not know what there missing.
At least in florida, you can buy a nice house for 150k and not have dirtbags living next door to you, you can go outside and do stuff... There is so much more to see than fat slobs driving there neons smoking cigerettes.
A okay

Rome, NY

#7 Aug 26, 2009
Have you ever been to Florida? Yes the weather is appealing, but they have the same scumbags there that we have here and have you ever noticed on the news that a lot of f-ed up sh*t happens there!??
former neighbor

Manlius, NY

#8 Aug 26, 2009
I know someone who is running from her bill collectors and moving to Florida. Wait until she has to live in humid 100+ HOT weather and living with all the blacks and Puerto Ricans that can do her job for $10 LESS an hour than she can.

Florida is over-ridden with drugs and crime - especially in the West Palm Beach area.

Hopefully, the next Hurrican will sweep her out into the Ocean for the fishes next feeding......

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#9 Jun 17, 2014
adklakes wrote:
oh pleeeze...send everyone in Utica to Central Florida, they will return feeling like they live in the most cosmopolitan place in the world...
Jan 1 2010 should be leave Oneida County day..don't like it? leave..its a free country, posting on Topix complaining is so typical...bitch bitch bitch..did you vote?, when was the last time you were at the Musueum? the Stanley? did you go to any programs open to the public in our local colleges? been to Sculpture Space? read any local history lately?..and when we are on that vein, did you contribute to the United Way or Community Foundation?
If living South of the Mason-Dixson Line is so appealing..lets get everyone that hates Central New York on a bus to go...I'd rather have 1000 people that like living here, that want to make it work...here is a clear way to spot a complainer..they will usually say "no" to "have you traveled outside the continental US?"
and they will not be able to tell you who the 2 US senators are from New York State, and will not accurately know the population of New York State...asking the last 2 questions, and it will quickly let you judge the persons' level of reason..the first will give you their level of exposure....oh and please, Florida? the cultural void of America...I bet he likes to dance at beach bars, go to Roy Rogers and thinks Olive Garden needs to come to Oneida County.
Well Olive Garden did come to oneida county and it's consistently packed.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#11 Jun 17, 2014
Olive Garbage wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah with people who have lower standards.
That sums up the utica region. The place is always packed.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#12 Jun 17, 2014
former neighbor wrote:
Florida is over-ridden with drugs and crime
Sounds like the utica region

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can blacks be deported 7 min marlin p 5
this chick is dirty. (Sep '13) 8 min hanky 8
WKTV (Same as it ever was) (Sep '11) 9 min DinkDink 72
Utica is on its way back and it's upsetting you... 12 min marlin p 2
Giuseppe's 15 min Eeewww 5
Monkeys 20 min marlin p 5
How to beat the upcoming NYS vehicle inspection... 44 min Seek Help 10

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance