Rick Sherman - New Hartford Flooding
Buried in mud and water

Colorado Springs, CO

#61 Jul 10, 2013
phoney baloney wrote:
LOL . You can always tell when the NH political class gets nervous. When their hands are caught in the cookie jar or catch heck for not doing their jobs they raise the Ed Wiatr boogie man. Guess what gang? It ain't working more. Now get to work fixing the flooding!
Nailed it. Theses guys are as predictable as a New Hew Hartford Spring Flood. LOL.

The NH Politicians and Developers would rather talk about Ed Wiatr then talk about fixing the flooding problems they caused.
Jim Newell

Utica, NY

#62 Jul 10, 2013
Amen. Fix the flooding!
Lou Gerardi

Utica, NY

#63 Jul 10, 2013
Still no word from Rick Sherman or Patrick Tyksinski. I guess that shouldn't surprise any of us.
Sue Lennox

Utica, NY

#64 Jul 10, 2013
Mr Sherman and Mr Tyksinski, May I borrow $5,000 for a new furnace and water heater? Or, could I skip paying my taxes this year? Thank you.
Buried in mud and water

Colorado Springs, CO

#65 Jul 10, 2013
Sue Lennox wrote:
Mr Sherman and Mr Tyksinski, May I borrow $5,000 for a new furnace and water heater? Or, could I skip paying my taxes this year? Thank you.
Ask the NH Library for money. They just gave away $16,000 in cash in a hard luck case. Maybe they will help you since they have money to burn and like to "help" people.
Taxpayer

Ithaca, NY

#66 Jul 10, 2013
agree wrote:
Close the library we are drowning here. I live on a hill and spent countless hours trying to beat the rain. Use the $500,000 the library wastes for storm water problems, If you live in New Hartford and dont have a computer or you need a place to hang out go to the mall or the Utica Library. Stop wasting our money you useless, hopeless..... Better yet lets build an Arc
It's ark. Perhaps we need Heather Mowat in charge.
Taxpayer

Ithaca, NY

#67 Jul 10, 2013
Fed up wrote:
Hey Knucklehead, I am NOT Ed or the CC, I am a NH resident who is sick and tired of having my home flooded every year. I'm sick and tired of all of the excuses. Tyksinski, Adler, Sherman, Romano, Virkler caused all this problems by over developing and not mitigating the water run off problems they created. I'm tired of being told that that there's NO money to fix the problems so I have a solution. I read the OD, I see that the NH Library is just throwing money around to their friends so if they have too much lets spent some of that on our flooding problem.
<quoted text>
The smartest post of all no matter who wrote it. Development without planning related to storm water and other factors cause the problems many of us suffer with today in New Hartford.
phoney baloney

Colorado Springs, CO

#68 Jul 10, 2013
I hope our town's leadership is reading all of this and now Understands our priorities. No more wasteful spending , no more sweetheart PILOT agreements for developers. No more development until the water runoff problem is fixed. No more environmental mitigation fees wasted on friend and family payoffs. Fix our homes and roads NOW!
Carl Rover

United States

#69 Jul 10, 2013
Senator Charles Schumer will talk about the need for better pilot training in the wake of the Asiana Airlines crash in San Francisco over the weekend. Chuck Schumer was quoted as saying, "Flood in Central New York, WHAT FLOOD?" Thanks Chuck.
underwater in Chadwicks

Colorado Springs, CO

#70 Jul 10, 2013
Burried in mud and water wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. No one wants new taxes and the old environmental mitigation funds are now spent and gone. Time to r-look the town budget and move money from nonessential spending to saving our homes and families. We need the money more then the Library needs the money since they are just giving it away. Time to re-invest in the town infrastructure and if that means pulling back some library money then I say do it!
Sounds like plan to me! I'm tried of the town doing nothing
Larry Adler

New York, NY

#71 Jul 10, 2013
Boy, I'm glad I got my ramp....
Willard Scott

Hamden, CT

#72 Jul 10, 2013
Rain in the forecast for tonight. New Hartford residents should wear life jackets. Man the life boats. Women and children first.
Fed up

United States

#73 Jul 11, 2013
Well the pitch forks and torches came out last night at the town board meeting. The OD mentions the meeting but really didn't give the real picture of how angry and frustrated everyone is.

Of course, we heard no real answers fro the town: "We have a plan for that" or "we're working on it". The same thing we hear every year. Now developers like Larry Adler and Virkler don't get answers like that from the town board. For Adler and Virkler, the town board will jump hoops to get whatever work they want done.

The other problem is that there is not enough money to do all of the work. I say its time to end the sweetheart PILOT agreements have the developers pay their full share of taxes. Heck, there should be a moratorium on development. It can't be a coincidence that the first spring after the Aldis goes in by JK Lumber that all of the businesses across the street by Big Apple were wiped out by flooding.

Time also to re-allocate town funding from non-essentials like the library pay for new storm water management. WE need to save our homes and businesses now.
Buried in mud and water

Colorado Springs, CO

#74 Jul 11, 2013
Fed up wrote:
Well the pitch forks and torches came out last night at the town board meeting. The OD mentions the meeting but really didn't give the real picture of how angry and frustrated everyone is.
Of course, we heard no real answers fro the town: "We have a plan for that" or "we're working on it". The same thing we hear every year. Now developers like Larry Adler and Virkler don't get answers like that from the town board. For Adler and Virkler, the town board will jump hoops to get whatever work they want done.
The other problem is that there is not enough money to do all of the work. I say its time to end the sweetheart PILOT agreements have the developers pay their full share of taxes. Heck, there should be a moratorium on development. It can't be a coincidence that the first spring after the Aldis goes in by JK Lumber that all of the businesses across the street by Big Apple were wiped out by flooding.
Time also to re-allocate town funding from non-essentials like the library pay for new storm water management. WE need to save our homes and businesses now.
Yup. That covers last night's Town Board meeting really well. My guess is even though the town's peasants, oops, I mean residents, gave the board an ear full we will get more of the same empty promises "to do something".
Mutt Dryden

United States

#75 Jul 11, 2013
Assessments in New Hartford are increasing again. All waterfront homes will be re-assessed this week before the water recedes. The increased revenue will be used to build a second library.
Buried in mud and water

Colorado Springs, CO

#76 Jul 11, 2013
Mutt Dryden wrote:
Assessments in New Hartford are increasing again. All waterfront homes will be re-assessed this week before the water recedes. The increased revenue will be used to build a second library.
LOL. Don't forget also for the massive pay raises for Bob Nole and his gang of "administrators".

New Hartford: The Make-a-Wish Town, where dreams DO come true
Pat Jizinski

United States

#77 Jul 11, 2013
If re-elected as town supervisor, I will continue to let developers pave over the entire town of New Hartford.

A couple of storm water retention ponds will help alleviate the flooding at these developments, wont they?
Bobby Sherman

United States

#78 Jul 11, 2013
We have many retention ponds throughout New Hartford. We call them BASEMENTS!
Tickle Me

Carthage, NY

#79 Jul 11, 2013
So.. is anyone running against Tyksinski?
I will! The librarys hours should be cut and the staff there some of whom make more than a police officer should be cut, and the building should be used for other uses. Garbage pick up should be once a week and all the Town and Village officials should quit the arrogant entitled routine...actually that goes for the Residents too!
Buried in mud and water

United States

#80 Jul 11, 2013
Tickle Me wrote:
So.. is anyone running against Tyksinski?
I will! The librarys hours should be cut and the staff there some of whom make more than a police officer should be cut, and the building should be used for other uses. Garbage pick up should be once a week and all the Town and Village officials should quit the arrogant entitled routine...actually that goes for the Residents too!
Current New Hartford Councilman Don Backman is running for supervisor in the Republican Primary. There is a lot of anger in this town right now and if he successfully taps into it its bye-bye Pat

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another shady Utica Comets Audit? (Nov '16) 5 min Updates 367
New Hartford Police Chief Michael S. Inserra - ... 8 min Toc 57
Moving to New Hartford 22 min Live the Good Life 2
Utica Zoo To Get Baby Giraffe 27 min Live the Good Life 6
Ray Durso and Genesis 33 min klb 13
How many "Nano Factories" in Utica? (Mar '16) 39 min Live the Good Life 508
Utica NY - One Giant WELFARE EGHETTO! 46 min Nice one 59
Work On Aud Improvements 59 min Welfare wendy 398
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 2 hr Scotts Smirk Slapped 711
Need a good Divorce Lawyer in New Hartford? 3 hr Thanks 97