phoney baloney

Colorado Springs, CO

#41 Jul 9, 2013
Mike Arcadia wrote:
Blaming Earle Reed is like Obama blaming George Bush for his woes. The current leaders won election by critisizing Reed and Bush. They were well aware of the problems they were inheriting. No surprises here. Solve the problems gentlemen. Come up with a realistic plan. That's what you were elected to do!
The problems started with Reed but Tyksinski and the rest of them continued the same policies
Ally Hamilton

Utica, NY

#42 Jul 9, 2013
Promises! Promises! More Taxes! Fewer Services! Same Old Story! Democrats! Republicans! Rick Sherman! Patrick Tyksinski! Oh Well!
Burried in mud and water

Colorado Springs, CO

#43 Jul 9, 2013
Fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the Library Board have to with the storm water flooding? Nothing directly BUT they just gave away $16,000 in taxpayer money to their now retired director Hans Plambeck as a cash going away retirement present. Money is tight and if they have that kind of money to waste then the Town Board needs to take it back and invest in what really matters: protecting our homes and business from flooding every year! That's what the Library Board has to do with it! Heck, the knuckleheads at the library are now asking for Pat Tyksinski's head this election day. I'm surprised he hasn't asked for the town's money back already.
I agree. No one wants new taxes and the old environmental mitigation funds are now spent and gone. Time to r-look the town budget and move money from nonessential spending to saving our homes and families. We need the money more then the Library needs the money since they are just giving it away. Time to re-invest in the town infrastructure and if that means pulling back some library money then I say do it!
Red Cross New Hartford

Utica, NY

#44 Jul 9, 2013
UTICA, N.Y.(WKTV)- The American Red Cross of CNY has temporarily moved it's headquarters from Syracuse to Utica to better deal with emergency response and recovery efforts following the Flood of 2013.

The offices are now set up inside 177 Genesee Street, the former Harza Building in Downtown Utica.
Burried in mud and water

Colorado Springs, CO

#45 Jul 9, 2013
That's nice but that does NOTHING for us. I want to know WHO is going to fix the flooding, WHEN will it be done, and WHO is going to pay for it.

My vote is:
- The WHO is Sherman and Tyksinski
- The WHEN is NOW
- The WHO will PAY for it is any non-essential NH budget items like our so called Library
agree

New Hartford, NY

#46 Jul 9, 2013
The problems actually started with Ralph Humphries and Don Backman before Reed. Ralph and Don with the unpopular and silly assessment program and paying cash for long term projects and equipment, set this town up for failure. The moral is you need to bond for equipment and long term projects and not let everything rot until you have cash. Paying with cash may have worked 60 years ago but doesn't today. As for the library we cant afford the burden on our tax base and the vote to add $1 million a year to the school budget was ill conceived and complete lunacy. The library should be closed and the building should be used for much needed town offices or sold to for private enterprise. We have plenty of libraries at our school sites and should make them available to the taxpayers on a limited basis.Use the $500,000 for storm water upgrades.
Burried in mud and water

Colorado Springs, CO

#47 Jul 9, 2013
I want to know WHO is going to fix the flooding, WHEN will it be done, and WHO is going to pay for it.

My vote is:
- The WHEN is NOW
- The WHO will PAY for it is any non-essential NH budget items like our so called Library
Carl Rover

Utica, NY

#48 Jul 9, 2013
Itís been eight days since Prince Andrew requested that President Barack Obama issue a major disaster declaration for the state of New York following the severe storms and major flooding that swept through Central New York.

Prince Andrew told reporters, after an event in Buffalo, that he spoke with federal officials Tuesday about the disaster declaration. "At this point I am not overly optimistic."

Sorry New Hartford. No money from the Feds either!
Burried in mud and water

Colorado Springs, CO

#49 Jul 9, 2013
WHO is going to fix the flooding, WHEN will it be done, and WHO is going to pay for it.

My vote is:
- The WHEN is NOW
Fed up

United States

#50 Jul 9, 2013
Ok, so what is the town going to do about this or are they content that us "peasants" have to put up with flooding so the developers can get rich and the Library employees can live the live of the rich and famous. Time to cut the library budget and re-invest in what matters: our roads and homes.
Ford Fairlane

Utica, NY

#51 Jul 9, 2013
Patrick Tyksinski and Rick Sherman could care less about us peasants. They just want us to pay our taxes and never question what they tell us.
Fed up

United States

#52 Jul 9, 2013
As for Tyksinski, there is an alternative: Don Backman. I would like to hear what he has to say about this mess.
wacky don

New Britain, CT

#53 Jul 9, 2013
Fed up wrote:
As for Tyksinski, there is an alternative: Don Backman. I would like to hear what he has to say about this mess.
Lol lol lol lol lolol lol lol lol lol. Whew thanks for the great belly laugh.
Jimmy Stewart

Utica, NY

#54 Jul 9, 2013
New Hartford needs new blood. Vote against the incumbents. Vote out anyone and everyone associated with the current administration. Unelected officials should resign or retire. We need all new people who can get things done.
popo

Utica, NY

#55 Jul 9, 2013
Jimmy Stewart wrote:
New Hartford needs new blood. Vote against the incumbents. Vote out anyone and everyone associated with the current administration. Unelected officials should resign or retire. We need all new people who can get things done.
Theyre doing just fine. The above is the voice of the usual lunatic fringe who cant get there way. Go suck an egg you CC people.
Jimmy Stewart

Carlisle, MA

#56 Jul 10, 2013
Obviously, your basement isn't filled with mud and water. And, you don't need to buy another new furnace, water heater, freezer, washer and dryer. And, you haven't lost thousands of dollars in inventory at your business. None of which is covered by insurance. My losses this time are about $20,000. My losses five years ago were $18,000. Again, none of my losses were covered by insurance. I am not part of who you call the lunatic fringe. I am quite normal. And, I am quite broke. I am voting for a change. Keep you egg.
Fed up

United States

#57 Jul 10, 2013
popo wrote:
<quoted text>
Theyre doing just fine. The above is the voice of the usual lunatic fringe who cant get there way. Go suck an egg you CC people.
They're dong fine??? Of course Ironwood, Jewel Estate and the rest of NH's McMansion land doesn't get flooded every year.

We have had enough of Tyksinski, Sherman, Adler, Virksler and Romano and their greedy, environmental destroying sprawl that is causing the floods.

I say pull money out of non-essentials like the library and re-invest in places where real people live like Washington Mills and Chadwicks.
Nh is great

Utica, NY

#58 Jul 10, 2013
Fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
They're dong fine??? Of course Ironwood, Jewel Estate and the rest of NH's McMansion land doesn't get flooded every year.
We have had enough of Tyksinski, Sherman, Adler, Virksler and Romano and their greedy, environmental destroying sprawl that is causing the floods.
I say pull money out of non-essentials like the library and re-invest in places where real people live like Washington Mills and Chadwicks.
Ok Ed. No problem. That's a great original idea. Like no one saw you coming with that. You are a destructionist. You will stop at nothing until every organization and institution in NH is closed and shut down. Above your calling for the library to go, What's next? The historical society? Maybe get rid of the town clerk? Most likely disband the board itself and give us to county gov if you cant get elected king. We all know you hate the NHPD and want us to wait for hours on end for a sheriffs car to arrive to our crime scene. Maybe the FD too, we can just put a garden hose on my fire as long as you dont have a well, and those who have heart attacks can simply Pass on unless they have there own medical equipment on site. Lets disband the town highway and we all can coal patch and shovel the spec of road in front of our own houses. Codes? Ahhhh to hell with that dept to. Lets just get rid of every single stinking layer of Goverment and good in this town. All in the name of fiducial savings. It will be wonderful. They'll be singing songs about it at a national level. Our quality of life will be in the absolute tiolet but hey - you'll be happy we saved a nickel. No one will ever move here and our properties will be worth less than the city of Utica. But hey! Ed and company will be pleased as punch. Back to the Stone Age for our town. Maybe the backed candidates of the CC will rise from the ashes and be the heros- which is the end game all along. What a great alternative bizarro ending for our once proud and progressive town.... Total annillation brought to us by a civic group with an agenda. May your rise to power be seen by the town folk as what it is.... Another wanna be politican intent on his own glory. Thousands should keep a realitor on retainer should you or you ilk take control of any form of our town Goverment. It will be time to sell while the getting is good. Enjoy your self monument you will no doubt erect after you bulldoze the veterans park in the name of cost savings. All hail Ed!!! Haha
Fed up

United States

#59 Jul 10, 2013
Hey Knucklehead, I am NOT Ed or the CC, I am a NH resident who is sick and tired of having my home flooded every year. I'm sick and tired of all of the excuses. Tyksinski, Adler, Sherman, Romano, Virkler caused all this problems by over developing and not mitigating the water run off problems they created. I'm tired of being told that that there's NO money to fix the problems so I have a solution. I read the OD, I see that the NH Library is just throwing money around to their friends so if they have too much lets spent some of that on our flooding problem.
Nh is great wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Ed. No problem. That's a great original idea. Like no one saw you coming with that. You are a destructionist. You will stop at nothing until every organization and institution in NH is closed and shut down. Above your calling for the library to go, What's next? The historical society? Maybe get rid of the town clerk? Most likely disband the board itself and give us to county gov if you cant get elected king. We all know you hate the NHPD and want us to wait for hours on end for a sheriffs car to arrive to our crime scene. Maybe the FD too, we can just put a garden hose on my fire as long as you dont have a well, and those who have heart attacks can simply Pass on unless they have there own medical equipment on site. Lets disband the town highway and we all can coal patch and shovel the spec of road in front of our own houses. Codes? Ahhhh to hell with that dept to. Lets just get rid of every single stinking layer of Goverment and good in this town. All in the name of fiducial savings. It will be wonderful. They'll be singing songs about it at a national level. Our quality of life will be in the absolute tiolet but hey - you'll be happy we saved a nickel. No one will ever move here and our properties will be worth less than the city of Utica. But hey! Ed and company will be pleased as punch. Back to the Stone Age for our town. Maybe the backed candidates of the CC will rise from the ashes and be the heros- which is the end game all along. What a great alternative bizarro ending for our once proud and progressive town.... Total annillation brought to us by a civic group with an agenda. May your rise to power be seen by the town folk as what it is.... Another wanna be politican intent on his own glory. Thousands should keep a realitor on retainer should you or you ilk take control of any form of our town Goverment. It will be time to sell while the getting is good. Enjoy your self monument you will no doubt erect after you bulldoze the veterans park in the name of cost savings. All hail Ed!!! Haha
phoney baloney

Washington, DC

#60 Jul 10, 2013
LOL . You can always tell when the NH political class gets nervous. When their hands are caught in the cookie jar or catch heck for not doing their jobs they raise the Ed Wiatr boogie man. Guess what gang? It ain't working more. Now get to work fixing the flooding!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
parkway drugs (Oct '09) 28 min OG Pimpin 26
Those Two Stop Lights On The Arterial 1 hr Corey 4
What Song Are You Listening To Right Now? (Sep '11) 3 hr Nuclear Chicken 431
fitness mill 9 hr Buff Biff 3
Hannaford shopping plaza in east Utica on Moha... 10 hr Hang Em 6
Wboro School Taxes going Up AGAIN 11 hr wow 17
area to get new hospital 14 hr screw us 12
WKTV-Smith Thu The Bogie 16
More from around the web

Utica People Search