Rick Sherman - New Hartford Flooding
Fed up

United States

#21 Jul 8, 2013
Hey New Hartford wrote:
What do you expect? You bulldozed the forests and orchards and paved all of the wetlands. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that you are in deep *&%$! And with all of those PILOT agreements, it looks like you'll be under water for a very long time.
Yup... New Hartford loves to waste money.
Eddie

Ashburn, VA

#22 Jul 8, 2013
Mike Nelson wrote:
Dear Yes. Obviously your home and or business are not under water. Or, you are related to Rick Sherman. Let Rick Sherman address the flooding. According to his OD statement, that's his job. How about it Rick?
My home has water and as far as Sherman I've never met him personally much less be related. You ass clowns come on here with your holier than thou attitude and how you have all the answers and all these public officials are not cutting the mustard. Sorry they don't worship you and your politics. But they are doing the job. A thank less job at that. I've never heard the CC group have one nice thing to say about anyone. God forbid you shower praise on anyone... that might take away from your teal agenda of controlling everything in the town of NH. Never have they come up with a positive message about any town officials. You twits prob hate the dog catcher too. It gets tiring listening to your boo hoo gloom and doom negative banter.
Bobbie

Ashburn, VA

#23 Jul 8, 2013
Fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup... New Hartford loves to waste money.
Why does this statement even get printed? How do you even have any justification for this? Are you the all knowing authority on spending in town Goverment?

Get a life loser. Go back to the hole you call Utica and enjoy the mess down there. You deserve it.
Bristol St

Capitol Heights, MD

#24 Jul 8, 2013
Will Turczyn wrote:
If Pat Tyksinski is running for Town Supervisor again, then perhaps he can explain why he has not spent the $2.6 million needed for storm water management. This plan has been on the table for at least 10 years. Is he going to tell us how much he cut the Town budget. Anyone can cut the budget if they stop spending money that needs to be spent. Once again, our taxes keep going up as our benefits deteriorate.
he has prior commitments.
Dave Reynolds

Utica, NY

#25 Jul 8, 2013
Prior commitments? Patrick Tyksinski is the Town Supervisor. That is his job!
Fed up

United States

#26 Jul 8, 2013
Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>
My home has water and as far as Sherman I've never met him personally much less be related. You ass clowns come on here with your holier than thou attitude and how you have all the answers and all these public officials are not cutting the mustard. Sorry they don't worship you and your politics. But they are doing the job. A thank less job at that. I've never heard the CC group have one nice thing to say about anyone. God forbid you shower praise on anyone... that might take away from your teal agenda of controlling everything in the town of NH. Never have they come up with a positive message about any town officials. You twits prob hate the dog catcher too. It gets tiring listening to your boo hoo gloom and doom negative banter.
What does the Concerned Citizens have to do with it? Do they get money from the Town that we can cut and use for storm water management? Didn't think so. However, the Library with its over paid and under worked staff who just love to give money away is a good target for a budget re-allocation, especially after they called for the firing of Pat Tyksinski. Lets repair the roads and save our homes, then we can fund an extravagant Taj Mahal Library.
Dave Reynolds

Utica, NY

#27 Jul 8, 2013
Rick Sherman is paid quite well. He should do his job!
Morgan Butler

Little Falls, NY

#28 Jul 8, 2013
Fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the Concerned Citizens have to do with it? Do they get money from the Town that we can cut and use for storm water management? Didn't think so. However, the Library with its over paid and under worked staff who just love to give money away is a good target for a budget re-allocation, especially after they called for the firing of Pat Tyksinski. Lets repair the roads and save our homes, then we can fund an extravagant Taj Mahal Library.
Now we know who's writing these comments....
Your innuendo gives you away. It was a few years ago the handle of the Arkangel called the NH fure house buidling the Taj Mahal on some OD commentaries. Everyone knew who the arkangel was.- These are the same people singing the same song over and over again. Yawn. And fail.

Just because something is nice and youre not personally involved with its success it becomes a monument that you name after a world wonder? Again. These are nice structures in our town. We are proud of these buidlings and the fine people whove built them. Should we operate out of pole barns so you can feel good about it? Should these buildings be delapitated to the point of ruin so the CC can swoop in and declare they be shut down? Would allowing these buildings to falter be a good use of taxpayers funds? It is simply their whole agenda to dismantle all that is good in this town. Thank our lucky stars most citizens think they're on the lunatic fringe.
sanger

Gouverneur, NY

#29 Jul 8, 2013
perhaps we should let the highway dept deal with more important things and not spend time collecting gren waste, let individuals deal with that on their own, let town employees deal with bigger issues
Chase manhattan

Little Falls, NY

#30 Jul 8, 2013
sanger wrote:
perhaps we should let the highway dept deal with more important things and not spend time collecting gren waste, let individuals deal with that on their own, let town employees deal with bigger issues
Perhaps you and alot of other people should mind there own business and stop showing your ignorance with subjects you know nothing about.
Fed up

United States

#31 Jul 8, 2013
Morgan Butler wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we know who's writing these comments....
Your innuendo gives you away. It was a few years ago the handle of the Arkangel called the NH fure house buidling the Taj Mahal on some OD commentaries. Everyone knew who the arkangel was.- These are the same people singing the same song over and over again. Yawn. And fail.
Just because something is nice and youre not personally involved with its success it becomes a monument that you name after a world wonder? Again. These are nice structures in our town. We are proud of these buidlings and the fine people whove built them. Should we operate out of pole barns so you can feel good about it? Should these buildings be delapitated to the point of ruin so the CC can swoop in and declare they be shut down? Would allowing these buildings to falter be a good use of taxpayers funds? It is simply their whole agenda to dismantle all that is good in this town. Thank our lucky stars most citizens think they're on the lunatic fringe.
OMG! I have no idea who you think I am but you are one paranoid dude. Look guy, not everyone who thinks things can be done better in this town is Ed Wiatr and the Concerned Citizens. You sound like resident Tin Foil Guy Library Tortoise who's obsessed with the idea that Wiatr and Tyksinski are conspiring in dark corners to destroy the Library.
I'll tell you who I am though. I'm a New Hartford resident who is sick and tired of my home and neighborhood flooded every year and this needs to be the last year. The town doesn't have enough money to fix the road and flooding problems it has and no one has the stomach for new taxes. Guess what that means? Its time to move some money around and the NH library is over funded. Right now I would rather have my house and family safe next year then more hours at the library. More and more people are feeling the same way so get used to it.
Paved paradise

Londonderry, NH

#32 Jul 9, 2013
Hey New Hartford wrote:
What do you expect? You bulldozed the forests and orchards and paved all of the wetlands. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that you are in deep *&%$! And with all of those PILOT agreements, it looks like you'll be under water for a very long time.
I'm no tree hugger but you are 100 % correct. The sauquoit creek has NEVER flooded like it has the past 2 years. Going over the bridge at Genesee st? Never in my 43 years until 2010. Jubilee estates fkd up that hillside and now the ppl in the low areas are getting fkd.
Mike Nelson

Utica, NY

#33 Jul 9, 2013
Patrick Tyksinski and Rick Sherman must answer difficult questions. The residents of Whitesboro are upset about repeated flooding as well. Read on - from today's OD:

Whitesboro flood victims lash out at board

About a dozen emotional flood victims filled the village office for Monday’s monthly board meeting to plead for help and search for answers.

Hailing mainly from the Wind Place and Sauquoit Street area, resident after resident spoke of the havoc that has been wrought on their lives by multiple floods over the past few weeks.

Karen Hughes lives at 25 Sauquoit St. and has been part of the neighborhood her whole life. She said it’s gotten to the point that she feels helpless and hopeless.

“How many times can I replace washers and dryers and hot water tanks and furnaces?” she asked the Board of Trustees.“I can’t afford to pay my village taxes.… And I can’t even imagine what my water bill is going to be like.

Yes, Patrick Tyksinski and Rick Sherman, how many more times must our homes and businesses flood before you do something about it?
Truth

Utica, NY

#34 Jul 9, 2013
Mike Nelson wrote:
Patrick Tyksinski and Rick Sherman must answer difficult questions. The residents of Whitesboro are upset about repeated flooding as well. Read on - from today's OD:
Whitesboro flood victims lash out at board
About a dozen emotional flood victims filled the village office for Monday’s monthly board meeting to plead for help and search for answers.
Hailing mainly from the Wind Place and Sauquoit Street area, resident after resident spoke of the havoc that has been wrought on their lives by multiple floods over the past few weeks.
Karen Hughes lives at 25 Sauquoit St. and has been part of the neighborhood her whole life. She said it’s gotten to the point that she feels helpless and hopeless.
“How many times can I replace washers and dryers and hot water tanks and furnaces?” she asked the Board of Trustees.“I can’t afford to pay my village taxes.… And I can’t even imagine what my water bill is going to be like.
Yes, Patrick Tyksinski and Rick Sherman, how many more times must our homes and businesses flood before you do something about it?
Aren't they from New Hartford? What does Whitesboro have to do with New Hartford's problems?
Wilson Edding

Boston, MA

#35 Jul 9, 2013
Really? Both New Hartford and Whitesboro are saddled with serious flooding and town officials unable or unwilling to find solutions. Really?
Willard Scott

Utica, NY

#36 Jul 9, 2013
Rain in the forecast. Umbrellas today. Basement pumps. Lifeboats. Stay dry!
Truth

Utica, NY

#37 Jul 9, 2013
Wilson Edding wrote:
Really? Both New Hartford and Whitesboro are saddled with serious flooding and town officials unable or unwilling to find solutions. Really?
Agreed, both areas have similar problems.
The post though seems to point fingers at Tyszinski and Sherman for the problems in Whitesboro. That's not valid.
Burried in mud and water

Colorado Springs, CO

#38 Jul 9, 2013
Hey New Hartford wrote:
How true. I have lived in the valley for a long time and the creek used to never flood but now its a yearly occurrence. Why? Just look up the sides of the hills. Row upon row of monstrous McMansions have destroyed the landscape's natural ability to control the water runoff. New Hartford planning board totally ignored any environment impact and there is no money for repairs because Earle Reed mismanaged the environmental mitigation fees.
Dave Reynolds

Utica, NY

#39 Jul 9, 2013
Sorry, but Rick Sherman was quoted in the OD yesterday stating that the storm water work in New Hartford worked pretty well. Rick, tell that to the many homeowners and businesses with flooded basements and store fronts. Patrick Tyksinski has delayed spending $2.6 million for storm water management for many years. Why? It's well documented in newspaper accounts. Google it. The critisism of both town officials is warramted. Both officials have been reticent on the severity of this issue. Comments from both men are welcomed.
Mike Arcadia

Utica, NY

#40 Jul 9, 2013
Blaming Earle Reed is like Obama blaming George Bush for his woes. The current leaders won election by critisizing Reed and Bush. They were well aware of the problems they were inheriting. No surprises here. Solve the problems gentlemen. Come up with a realistic plan. That's what you were elected to do!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UTICA NEXT NANO NAZI CAPITAL! JOBS for RACISTS ... 1 min NANO NAZISM 1
News 5 CNY Classes to Take to Prepare for an Apocalypse 2 min Sen Charles Schumer 11
Who is funding the Aud renovations? 3 min Oh Well 478
Shootica Hours From Its First Massive Race Riot... 4 min Sen Charles Schumer 5
Not All Nazis Are Bad 8 min WW II Ones Were 28
Keeler does it again! 17 min truth 50
bn SHEBOON APES TIP OVER CONFEDERATE STATUE 31 min Go home 4
Let's tear down Martin Luther King's statue 57 min Timber 46
Stay Away from these Contractors 1 hr GHR 23
Who remembers - Leather bottle, Friar's Inn, Bo... (Aug '08) 5 hr went to cabin 238

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages