Rick Sherman - New Hartford Flooding

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Steven Rutherford

Utica, NY

#1 Jul 8, 2013
New Hartford Town Highway Superintendent Rick Sherman said that while their storm water projects were damaged during the recent storms, it could have been worse.

Hey Rick! Where do you live, The Mojave Desert? New Hartford's storm water management is non-existent. Spend the $2.6 million needed to do it right.

Get real! You ain't makin' it Bud! Have you considered a career change?
Mark Williams

Utica, NY

#2 Jul 8, 2013
Flooding is a serious problem in New Hartford. It is negatively impacting home values. Many homes and businesses flood whenever it rains heavily. The Town MUST spend the $2.6 million needed for storm water management. The flooding problem will not end until storm water management is corrected.
Fed up

Washington, DC

#3 Jul 8, 2013
Let's cut the money from the NHbLibrary circus
They are just wasting it anyway and we need to protect our homes and businesses right now.
Yes

Utica, NY

#4 Jul 8, 2013
Yes moron. Rick Sherman is the one to go after. Ate you touched in the head? The engineer and the town board that agreed to pay for the work are the ones that should have there feet to the fire. Rick manages the highways and does a good job. Stop trying to start trouble where there is none for your own political purposes.
agree

New Hartford, NY

#5 Jul 8, 2013
Close the library we are drowning here. I live on a hill and spent countless hours trying to beat the rain. Use the $500,000 the library wastes for storm water problems, If you live in New Hartford and dont have a computer or you need a place to hang out go to the mall or the Utica Library. Stop wasting our money you useless, hopeless..... Better yet lets build an Arc
agree

New Hartford, NY

#6 Jul 8, 2013
Rick is doing the best he can with what he has. Its not his fault blame the idiots on the Library Board. Lets have another election and throw them out on their azzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Yes Man

Utica, NY

#7 Jul 8, 2013
Sherman is a phoney baloney. Never does what he says.
Mark Williams

Utica, NY

#8 Jul 8, 2013
Seriously, what does the library board have to do with storm water management in the Town of New Hartford? Rick Sherman is the town official quoted in the OD saying that storm water repairs held up pretty well in New Hartford. Tell that to the homeowners with flooded basements and the business owners who lost many thousands of dollars in inventory. Rick Sherman is simply WRONG!
Fed up

United States

#9 Jul 8, 2013
Mark Williams wrote:
Seriously, what does the library board have to do with storm water management in the Town of New Hartford? Rick Sherman is the town official quoted in the OD saying that storm water repairs held up pretty well in New Hartford. Tell that to the homeowners with flooded basements and the business owners who lost many thousands of dollars in inventory. Rick Sherman is simply WRONG!
What does the Library Board have to with the storm water flooding? Nothing directly BUT they just gave away $16,000 in taxpayer money to their now retired director Hans Plambeck as a cash going away retirement present. Money is tight and if they have that kind of money to waste then the Town Board needs to take it back and invest in what really matters: protecting our homes and business from flooding every year! That's what the Library Board has to do with it! Heck, the knuckleheads at the library are now asking for Pat Tyksinski's head this election day. I'm surprised he hasn't asked for the town's money back already.
Got My Vote Tyk

Utica, NY

#10 Jul 8, 2013
Tyksinski has done a good job with what he was left with. The trustees at the Library, Backman or that dunce Woodland can ask for Tyksinski's head all they want because he's gonna get reelected with ease.

Look for more cuts to the Library because of Linda's gift to Hans. Let her and the "friends" of the Library pay for it too!
Fed up

United States

#11 Jul 8, 2013
Who ever gets elected to Town Supervisor needs to put the Library on a diet and invest in real infrastructure like roads and storm water management.
Mark Williams

Utica, NY

#12 Jul 8, 2013
The issue her is the uncontrolled flooding in New Hartford. Your agenda is obviously the library. It's a separate issue. Ed Wiatr would love to talk to you about the library. Let's have Rick Sherman address flooding in the Town. If he can tell us why he told the OD things look pretty good, then he can tell us why our basements and businesses are filled with water. Let's hear it from Rick Sherman.
Allison Pomfret

Utica, NY

#13 Jul 8, 2013
Really? The Town of New Hartford cannot afford $16,000? You must be kidding? Get real!
Yes

Utica, NY

#14 Jul 8, 2013
It's amazing Ed has so much time to be on all these threads stirring the pot. Now the CC are going after Rick Sherman it seems.

The issue here is if your not doing exactly the bidding of this hostile group you are the enemy. There own blogs show this to be true. They don't like anyone and won't say anyone is doing a good job unless your on there party line. It's disgusting.
phoney baloney

Washington, DC

#15 Jul 8, 2013
Allison Pomfret wrote:
Really? The Town of New Hartford cannot afford $16,000? You must be kidding? Get real!
I'm so tired of the "New Hartford is wealthy we can throw money around" BS. Not everyone is a member of the Yahandasis Country Club. The Town wastes plenty of money to include the storm water management. Now we have this idiot from the library with his "Library Tortoise" blog bashing the town because we are too selfish to pay a million a year for his library. I agree with Fed Up. If there isn't enough money to fix the town's flooding problems then take it from the idiots at the library.
Mike Nelson

Utica, NY

#16 Jul 8, 2013
Dear Yes. Obviously your home and or business are not under water. Or, you are related to Rick Sherman. Let Rick Sherman address the flooding. According to his OD statement, that's his job. How about it Rick?
Janice Malloy

Utica, NY

#17 Jul 8, 2013
Rick Sherman - How about cleaning out the catch basins in New Hartford?
Fed up

United States

#18 Jul 8, 2013
Yes wrote:
It's amazing Ed has so much time to be on all these threads stirring the pot. Now the CC are going after Rick Sherman it seems.
The issue here is if your not doing exactly the bidding of this hostile group you are the enemy. There own blogs show this to be true. They don't like anyone and won't say anyone is doing a good job unless your on there party line. It's disgusting.
HA! I don't know anything about Sherman and the CC. I do know, however, the the New Hartford Library's own blog posted this charmer bashing OUR Town Supervisor Pat Tyksinski:
"Tyksinski is running for Town Supervisor again, although he has previously said he would not. If you enjoy the services of the library and believe it should continue, you need to punish him in the voting booth."

The town needs more money for infrastructure repairs and not for overpaid phony intellectuals with a highly developed sense of entitlement. The New Hartford needs to re-allocate resources and by going after Tyksinski it looks like the Library is volunteering. I need my home protected and my streets repaired and an extra half a million a year will help nicely.
Hey New Hartford

Utica, NY

#19 Jul 8, 2013
What do you expect? You bulldozed the forests and orchards and paved all of the wetlands. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that you are in deep *&%$! And with all of those PILOT agreements, it looks like you'll be under water for a very long time.
Will Turczyn

Utica, NY

#20 Jul 8, 2013
If Pat Tyksinski is running for Town Supervisor again, then perhaps he can explain why he has not spent the $2.6 million needed for storm water management. This plan has been on the table for at least 10 years. Is he going to tell us how much he cut the Town budget. Anyone can cut the budget if they stop spending money that needs to be spent. Once again, our taxes keep going up as our benefits deteriorate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica Comets leaving after 2016 season!... 5 min Gaggy 27
Metro Mattress Sucks! 11 min Just wondern 3
What does Cliffy really do? 23 min Wide Hipped Utican 12
Teachers, Students Call For Governor Cuomo To F... 33 min Drink the Cuomo K... 27
How long does the IRS take to refund money afte... (Mar '13) 35 min alilbougie 41
Faking orgasms 42 min dinka 34
why black guys like white girls more than black... (Dec '10) 1 hr proudblkgirl 124
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker 1 hr Futurist 39
RICKS Place is the new 2J's 2 hr Saggy pants 33
Most Women are Unstable These Days 3 hr so true 31

Winter Storm Watch for Oneida County was issued at January 31 at 3:02PM EST

Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News