Morehouse elected to do WHAT

Posted in the Utica Forum

fact

Utica, NY

#1 Nov 7, 2013
Morehouse admits he would hire people to do HIS job but would oversee what they were doing. Morehouse is no more than Palmeiri puppet on a string. There are no checks and balances in Utica's finances. Palmeiri is calling the shots and he will be telling Morehouse who to hire and why, like because we have to move the city forward, like raising your taxes more for less services. Voters will get exactly what they deserve and just made times more difficult than before. You have been watching these clowns run this city into the ground for years but still vote and choose to see them continue. God Bless us all.
BitchSaysWha

United States

#2 Nov 7, 2013
I think it's funny watching them all screw up and suffer. They ask for it. They tolerate it. They deserve it. Utica is exactly where it needs to be. Nowhere.
Truth

Utica, NY

#3 Nov 7, 2013
I was wondering what difference his election makes and why there was no Republican or true independent candidate.

The truth is that the numbers are the numbers. Doesn't matter who is in that position. Utica is dying a slow economic death a la Detroit and instead of joining together for the good of the city there is just rampant dysfunction among our elected officials.

The numbers are the numbers and unless and until elected officials address things like public safety pension costs nothing is going to change.

Imagine yourself a business thinking about locating here. What would you think if you were looking in on the current state of Utica politics, spending and schools? Three very important things. What would you think if you had heard the exchange between the newly elected comptroller and the local talk show host on the morning after the election. I hope the nano people aren't seeing all of this nonsense, posturing and dysfunction.
Liberal loonies

United States

#4 Nov 7, 2013
The "nano people" don't exist. Just the ones pretending they're interested long enough to soak up the goodness and leave. There will never be a huge nano industry in NY for th elosers and underachievers and politicians to live of. They're wel;l aware of the NY State of Mind and people like me remind them in our dealings every chance we get out of needing to keep NYS supressed. It's pretty easy when all you have to do is point them to the links and the facts about why business LEAVES ny, not "stays".

Again you deserve it people. Look at what you all are. We do.
Steve

Utica, NY

#5 Nov 7, 2013
fact wrote:
Morehouse admits he would hire people to do HIS job but would oversee what they were doing. Morehouse is no more than Palmeiri puppet on a string. There are no checks and balances in Utica's finances. Palmeiri is calling the shots and he will be telling Morehouse who to hire and why, like because we have to move the city forward, like raising your taxes more for less services. Voters will get exactly what they deserve and just made times more difficult than before. You have been watching these clowns run this city into the ground for years but still vote and choose to see them continue. God Bless us all.
Great great post and exactly correct......PUPPET ON A STRING
Steve

Utica, NY

#6 Nov 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
I was wondering what difference his election makes and why there was no Republican or true independent candidate.
The truth is that the numbers are the numbers. Doesn't matter who is in that position. Utica is dying a slow economic death a la Detroit and instead of joining together for the good of the city there is just rampant dysfunction among our elected officials.
The numbers are the numbers and unless and until elected officials address things like public safety pension costs nothing is going to change.
Imagine yourself a business thinking about locating here. What would you think if you were looking in on the current state of Utica politics, spending and schools? Three very important things. What would you think if you had heard the exchange between the newly elected comptroller and the local talk show host on the morning after the election. I hope the nano people aren't seeing all of this nonsense, posturing and dysfunction.
Another great and true post. What he said on the radio is why Utica sucks. Morehouse, YOU SUCK YOU GAMBLER ADDICT.
Juvenile mentality

Wallingford, CT

#7 Nov 7, 2013
Morehouse was elected to make Utica the laughing stock of the state.
brain freeze

Clinton, NY

#8 Nov 7, 2013
I don't know him but he is starting things out on a BANG. Pass the popcorn please.
Recall him

Wallingford, CT

#9 Nov 7, 2013
Can we start the process of recalling him now?
fact

Utica, NY

#10 Nov 7, 2013
Recall him wrote:
Can we start the process of recalling him now?
The State control board will have to take over now. Morehouse's job was to get elected and not to run the cities finances. I agree, that will be done behind the smoke and mirrors with Palmeiris lawyers and henchmen doing the job. Morehouse will be an absentee comptroller and only comptroller by name as figure head.
koolaide

Utica, NY

#11 Nov 8, 2013
What the hell were Utica voters thinking hiring just a figurehead for $70,000 plus and then hiring others to do his job. Must be the koolaide in the water or plain ole deaf, dumb, and stupid people who just can't help themselves.
Truth

Utica, NY

#12 Nov 8, 2013
fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The State control board will have to take over now. Morehouse's job was to get elected and not to run the cities finances. I agree, that will be done behind the smoke and mirrors with Palmeiris lawyers and henchmen doing the job. Morehouse will be an absentee comptroller and only comptroller by name as figure head.
Unfortunately a control board may be the only way to solve the real problem. When Utica reaches its' mandated debt limit it will be time. I don't think that the current government made up of the same recycled names is going to do anything about the real systemic problems that are causing the ever increasing taxes and more frequent borrowing. Think about it. what person in their right mind would want to take on the unions and try to negotiate for pension and benefit reform?

It's like Roger Daltry first sang back in 1971:
"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"
Ronny

Utica, NY

#13 Nov 8, 2013
The city is nothing but smoke screens. 95% of what Palmieri tells you are lies. Zecca would of exploited him and that is why they needed Puppet Moresuck to get in. 70k to do nothing but be a scape goat. Morehouse is wanted by many local bookies and bigshots. This is why he is being used.
the new poster politician

Utica, NY

#14 Nov 8, 2013
Utica has made the same mistake as with Morehouse as with Roefaro. Morehouse was Roefaro's puppet and went along with every tax increase every year and was in on all the raises, increased benefits,and pension padding of public safety. They also lined many pockets of lawyers, friends and family plans. Morehouse should be the poster politician for corruption and people should be reminded of the draining of the water board funds and all city accounts by him and the Roefaro administration which put the final nails in Utica's coffin. They remind of that Chicago guy that went to jail, Blockovich or something like that.
deppfan

AOL

#15 Nov 9, 2013
Is it just me, or does Bill Morehouse look like Mike Wolfe of "American Pickers"?
Woooooooh

Utica, NY

#16 Nov 9, 2013
?
Russ Brooks

Tully, NY

#17 Nov 9, 2013
As the oldest active professional fire chief in NYS (I'm 89) I think Bill Morehouse will do a swell job. Serving the city for the last 68 years I've seen alot of good & bad in our city. Nothing compares to the horrors of front-line duty in Vietnam but Utica's future looks bright. The UFD is understaffed, however, and we need some replacement rigs along with about 12 new hires to the dept. I also feel an across-the-board raise of 12% for all public safety personnel is in order.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Qualified Nano Workers 32 min Big Bottomed Utican 3
Robert T Oliveira 2nd Amendment 35 min Robert Oliveira 18
East Utica in the 70's and 80's/ what do you re... (Jan '10) 48 min Wide Bodied Utican 388
AHL Expanding West 52 min Wide Bodied Utican 69
Be Proud Utica Ranked At 851 53 min Wide Bodied Utican 7
What could of been 1 hr Sorry Charlie 8
Five guys (Jan '14) 1 hr Wrong Again 7
Missing U Even More 2 hr u know who 30
Rashy has been sacrificed for the public good 2 hr How 20
Matt Sullivan out of GAIF 4 hr in the know 9
Jill WKTV 5 hr smack them lips 56
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search