Roundabout - LOL
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pete

Clinton, NY

#1 May 14, 2013
I grew up in the Utica area and moved away many years ago. I still have family and lots of friends here. Today, I was going down Genesee St. to grab lunch w/a friend and came across this STUPID roundabout. I literally laughed out loud.

Can anyone seriously tell me why they built that dumb thing?? What purpose does it serve?? This is typically the type of thing (among others) as to why I left the area. I really hope this wasn't funded by the tax payer and even if it wasn't, I can think of 5000 other ways to spend the money it must of took to built that thing. Pointless.

Anyways, it was good for a laugh.

“End Prohabition!”

Level 3

Since: Sep 09

Utica

#2 May 14, 2013
The roundabout eliminated the 4 traffic lights that previously made up that intersection.

Glad Utica could amuse you. You come to Utica to visit a friend and decided to post to Topix?

Your friend must be a great conservationist.
kristin

Utica, NY

#3 May 14, 2013
Pete wrote:
I grew up in the Utica area and moved away many years ago. I still have family and lots of friends here. Today, I was going down Genesee St. to grab lunch w/a friend and came across this STUPID roundabout. I literally laughed out loud.
Can anyone seriously tell me why they built that dumb thing?? What purpose does it serve?? This is typically the type of thing (among others) as to why I left the area. I really hope this wasn't funded by the tax payer and even if it wasn't, I can think of 5000 other ways to spend the money it must of took to built that thing. Pointless.
I know sweetie. Using a roundabout can be very scary the first time! But with practice and a brain cell you just might be able to get the hang of it the next time.
cuba crackho

New York, NY

#4 May 14, 2013
Pete wrote:
I grew up in the Utica area and moved away many years ago. I still have family and lots of friends here. Today, I was going down Genesee St. to grab lunch w/a friend and came across this STUPID roundabout.
So concerned about Utica that you never once in the few years of planning and building of the roundabout heard or read anything about it? You must live in Osama's cave.
Pete

Clinton, NY

#5 May 14, 2013
You guys are funny. You can defend the roundabout all you want - you - and it - are hilarious. I am here for the week - hopefully I'll be able to figure this very complicated thing out.

LOL.
too funny

New York, NY

#6 May 14, 2013
Pete wrote:
You guys are funny. You can defend the roundabout all you want - you - and it - are hilarious. I am here for the week - hopefully I'll be able to figure this very complicated thing out.
LOL.
don't see anybody defending it, but we do see your lame ass not being able to navigate something as simplistic as the Roundabout. yeah, your ignorance shows you did really come from Utica.
Tittays

Brooklyn, NY

#7 May 14, 2013
Pete wrote:

You want a laugh, you should meet the new police chief. Or go listen to his interviews. I'd rather complete 500 laps in the roundabout than listen to that moron.
Pete

Clinton, NY

#9 May 14, 2013
too funny wrote:
<quoted text>
don't see anybody defending it, but we do see your lame ass not being able to navigate something as simplistic as the Roundabout. yeah, your ignorance shows you did really come from Utica.
Uh, I was kidding you baloon knot.
Hi pete

Utica, NY

#10 May 14, 2013
The people that complain are the people that don't know how to drive thru it and are terrified. Such simplistic minds.
why

Syracuse, NY

#11 May 14, 2013
Biggest waste of money yet!!
Hi pete

Utica, NY

#12 May 14, 2013
Hi Pete. Get a life.
Don

Utica, NY

#13 May 14, 2013
drive around it when people get out of work at five its like a war zone.

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Sherrill, NY

#14 May 14, 2013
Take US Route 9 or get off at the I-87 exit in Malta. You'll appreciate the one in Utica a lot more.
What

Utica, NY

#15 May 14, 2013
too funny wrote:
<quoted text>
I did read that there was a problem getting threw it, the poster had a problem with the existence of it. I agree 100 percent, a big waist of money. If the best thing it did was save a few red lights in the ever so crowded down town Utica OMG put the money where it matteres. maybe people should wait for a light and instead fill in some pot holes or clean up the garbage. There is nothing in Utica. Why do people come to down town Utica? The money was wasted.
Waste of money

Utica, NY

#16 May 14, 2013
Chillin in CNY wrote:
The roundabout eliminated the 4 traffic lights that previously made up that intersection.
Glad Utica could amuse you. You come to Utica to visit a friend and decided to post to Topix?
Your friend must be a great conservationist.
I think the original posting angered people based on the way he/she insulted Uticans; but no one can convince me this was a good idea. It is a waste of money and accidents occur there all the time. Roundabouts only work if there is enough road space to enter and exit; which this does not have. It only bottlenecks traffic. Focus should be on repairing all the potholes.
Little world

Utica, NY

#17 May 14, 2013
cuba crackho wrote:
<quoted text>
So concerned about Utica that you never once in the few years of planning and building of the roundabout heard or read anything about it? You must live in Osama's cave.
I'm not sure this roundabout is that big of a deal to anyone living outside this area.
Rocket Scientist

Utica, NY

#18 May 14, 2013
Hi pete wrote:
The people that complain are the people that don't know how to drive thru it and are terrified. Such simplistic minds.
The people who complain, are not terrified just not related to the people who thought this was a good idea.
agree

Utica, NY

#19 May 14, 2013
Waste of money wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the original posting angered people based on the way he/she insulted Uticans; but no one can convince me this was a good idea. It is a waste of money and accidents occur there all the time. Roundabouts only work if there is enough road space to enter and exit; which this does not have. It only bottlenecks traffic. Focus should be on repairing all the potholes.
How many pot hole can be filled with 2 million? http://wibx950.com/utica-roundabout-project-t...

Its a shame!
Nope

United States

#21 May 14, 2013
Hi pete wrote:
Same as the people that consider that miniature ring a "traffic circle".
Obviously it didn't help and looks ridiculous in rustbelt town. My guess is the gaetanos or someone the Roefaro Klan knew was a "oootica construction company".

I think it's fitting. Mom always says oooticans like going around in circles for life.
It's perfect!
DrAnneBoone

Camillus, NY

#22 May 14, 2013
why wrote:
Biggest waste of money yet!!
BIGGER than Gro-West? OH come on. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
voss or scooby do dog food (Oct '11) 3 hr concerned 11
D AND D AUTO SALES/BODY RUTGER/oriskany (Apr '13) 3 hr sittin bull 78
Im really glad your precious comets lost. 6 hr Worse 11
Inequality and Black IQ 6 hr Soitgoes 3
Rob "Welfare Comets" Esche Sportsplex smacked d... 6 hr Comet Neanderthals 108
State Audit proves Comets Aud is a scam operation. 6 hr Comet Neanderthals 317
Blacks have know right eating with Whites at Oc... 7 hr Low Black IQ 23
Verizon strike 8 hr penumbra 32
More from around the web

Personal Finance