bartender/waitress
looking for job

Carthage, NY

#1 Feb 23, 2014
are there any places that are hiring bartenders/waitress?
Just curious

United States

#2 Feb 23, 2014
If you have a car and can withstand training I can tell you how to get a much nicer job that will set you up for life. People who make good bartenders work well in this line too.
confused

Utica, NY

#3 Feb 23, 2014
Just curious wrote:
If you have a car and can withstand training I can tell you how to get a much nicer job that will set you up for life. People who make good bartenders work well in this line too.
I was a bartender for 20 years.im interested in finding out about this
Info 4 U

United States

#4 Feb 23, 2014
If you are good with people consider looking at Combined Insurance sales. They'll boot camp your ass and they have serious rewards. I don't know if they still do it but if you commit to them and sell for 20 years they promise you a million dollar 401K when you leave. It's not a 401K but similar that they hold for you I'd have to ask mom how they did it it is well known in the supplemental insurance industry it's VERY lucrative. There are shorter-term incentive programs too, maybe 10 and 15 years I do not know.

Mom did this and they weren't lying. It was very very hard, she didn't get home till 9pm some days and for a time it almost beat her but she excelled at it because she's not necessarily a "sales" type but she's a people person. There are some serious pressures if I remember and a lot of driving but no cold calls.

They train you in a 2week crash course that will teach you all the Dale Carnegie success courses that you can take with you all through life and towards the end you make your own calender and choose your hrs. She put herself through lawschool and became a special education advocate for Talented and Gifted kid's parents Lord knows she was an expert lol!

They also offer ongoing courses they pay for you to attend and have huge company events. Because of the driving required they used to send you to Bob Bondurant's School of Racing where they teach you defensive work and skills, and they'll subsidize your family's participation if you want your kids or spouse to really learn how to drive and how not to drive I did it it was a week long riot.

It's very hard but honest and it pays very very well... you just have to do like many of us did and decide one day to tell yourself that in 5 years everything will be different. A bad economy is just an excuse to make $ in different ways. Think of it like joining the Navy. It's a commitment but it pays for LIFE!

Hope that helps. Good luck no matter what you find!
Info 4 U

United States

#5 Feb 23, 2014
Come to think of it I was a kid but man it really did change her and I was the only kid in school whose mom picked me up in a BMW with rollbars lol!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's tear down Martin Luther King's statue 3 min AFRICAN FLY 91
attn WORST PLACE ON EARTH FOR HIV AFRICA KEEP AWAY 9 min NYLON FLYNET 35
Who remembers - Leather bottle, Friar's Inn, Bo... (Aug '08) 13 min NYLON FLYNET 246
Who is funding the Aud renovations? 15 min NYLON FLYNET 504
Stay Away from these Contractors 17 min NYLON FLYNET 36
why ]\[lGGERS BURN AND ROB EVERYTHING WHEN THEY... 19 min NYLON FLYNET 19
Whats with samantha colossimo testa again 22 min Thayer 3
Not All Nazis Are Bad 5 hr WW II Ones Were 34

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages