West Utica in the 70s-who/what do you...
Mike in Atlanta

Mcdonough, GA

#842 Feb 13, 2014
dee dudek wrote:
<quoted text>
I loved south st in the 60's it was an escape from poverty of . the 5 and dime was my favorite place if I had 2 cents.
Are you one of the Oak St Dudeks?
crazy john

Lowville, NY

#843 Feb 16, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text>they still have the special sauce. it comes from lisa
Mike you are still jealuos
crazy john

Lowville, NY

#844 Feb 16, 2014
Fat Tony Salerno wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the Golden Glove was a classy joint.
anybody remember the dancer namedROBIN there?
Caulk kasions

Carmel, NY

#845 Feb 16, 2014
White people area
better off now

Whitesboro, NY

#846 Feb 17, 2014
Caulk kasions wrote:
White people area
I rememeber being poor.
Potato hill

Ithaca, NY

#847 Feb 21, 2014
sbktex wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing I have immediate recall on this, if we're talking PLAV. Dark Blue: Pepsi Cola Yellow:Carm's Pharmacy Purple: Holy Trinity (something, some group) Green: Berger's? Reg Blue: Tri-State Laundry. Corrections? Comments?
Pepsi was red I played on the team

Level 6

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#848 Feb 21, 2014
grew up on Court St wrote:
I can go back a little further. The Rainbow Restaurant, next door to the brewery. I think where the retail shop is.
The Star Laundramat two doors down from the Grocery store on the corner of Court and Schyler (sp) St. The Circle Inn, on the other side of the Brewery Parking lot. Before the Rite-Aid was there, there was a car wash/gas station.
Levinson's Dentist in between Star Laundry and the Circle Inn. Suny College at the end of the Boiler Maker Race.(that big factory looking place.)
You brought a lot of memories back for me, Thanks for your inpute.

Level 6

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#849 Feb 21, 2014
the duchess wrote:
<quoted text>
Which arrest of his are you remembering? Prescribing drugs without a license, falsifying business records, filing false medicare/medicaid claims, etc.
I never heard of those things happening. I just remember there being a Klampert's Pharmacy and the oweners face.I use to walk to the Pharmacy but I never felt comfortable when I was in there alone . I lived in the "Highlands" the only other Pharmacy I remember is "Mahanna's" on Whitesboro St. Now that I think about it, I don't know why I would do business with Klampbert's Pharmacy. My memory is failing.
john roberts

Micanopy, FL

#850 Feb 24, 2014
My great grandfather built it early in the 20th century. It's round because it was meant for electric cars (the battery chargers were against the wall). Gas powered cars won out over electric cars, and his idea was 100 years early. Look across the street at the Roberts bldg. I believe it was built in 1919. Family fortune was lost in the great depression.
dpm

AOL

#851 Feb 24, 2014
Thank you Megahn for starting this thread.

That said...

Went to Washington school in mid 50's when Ms. O'Dwyer (4th grade) Ms. Bear (5th grade)
and Maude Truman (6th grade) were teachers. Lived on Ash St btwn City and Martin Sts.

Then off to Kernan and then to UFA and left Utica in '62. and moved to NYC...been here since.
Megahn wrote:
Washington School teachers from 1966-1973
K-Mrs Danahey
1-Mrs Albicker
2-Mrs Russ
3-Mrs virkler
4-Miss Moyer
5-Mrs Butler
6-miss Obernesser/Perkins
Librarian-Mrs sullivan
Mrs Freel??
Principal-Miss George/Mrs Langlois
Scott

Fort Smith, AR

#852 Mar 1, 2014
justautican wrote:
<quoted text>
i remember back in 79 or so shotgunning a case of genny cream ale with duffy and tibbits ...one of them lived near addison. those guys were awesome to party with. used to hang with them at moby's too. 32 oz moby.
I was in the same grade as Duffy's little brother, Jim. I lived near the college, Ney Ave.
Scott

Fort Smith, AR

#853 Mar 1, 2014
Potato hill wrote:
<quoted text>
Pepsi was red I played on the team
Oh yeah! I played for Utica Lodge, and I think we were purple.
jcl

Utica, NY

#854 Mar 1, 2014
dpm wrote:
That said...
Went to Washington school in mid 50's when Ms. O'Dwyer (4th grade) Ms. Bear (5th grade)
and Maude Truman (6th grade) were teachers. Lived on Ash St btwn City and Martin Sts.
Then off to Kernan and then to UFA and left Utica in '62. and moved to NYC...been here since.
<quoted text>
By any chance, do you remember Miss Maynard as the Kindergarten teacher. She was at Washington School in the mid-50's.
washington school alumni

Utica, NY

#855 Mar 2, 2014
dpm wrote:
That said...
<quoted text>
i went to washington ,obenesser was 5th perkins/scott was 6th also mr clark was 6th. wha t a crush i had on miss perkins she was smokln hot!when she got married all of us kids from her class went it was a beautiful wedding,flute playing to the song we only just begun by the carpenters.does any one know how shes doing?very nice person i hope she is well and happy!
Janie

Cantonment, FL

#856 Mar 2, 2014
I stumbled across this and think I must know Meghan because I know all of the people she has mentioned...
Capital Av

Clark Mills, NY

#857 Mar 2, 2014
Mike in Atlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you one of the Oak St Dudeks?
I Loved chris Dudek
Potato hill

Ithaca, NY

#858 Mar 3, 2014
washington school alumni wrote:
<quoted text>i went to washington ,obenesser was 5th perkins/scott was 6th also mr clark was 6th. wha t a crush i had on miss perkins she was smokln hot!when she got married all of us kids from her class went it was a beautiful wedding,flute playing to the song we only just begun by the carpenters.does any one know how shes doing?very nice person i hope she is well and happy!
She's still teaching. I ran into her at a school function. I was in her class, she still remembers that whole alumni.
Mr Softy

Sherburne, NY

#859 Mar 3, 2014
Mr Softy truck when cones were a dime!!(York St)
love miss perkins

Whitesboro, NY

#860 Mar 4, 2014
Potato hill wrote:
<quoted text>
She's still teaching. I ran into her at a school function. I was in her class, she still remembers that whole alumni.
where does she teach,is she still married, she must be at retirement age?
its nice to share

Whitesboro, NY

#861 Mar 4, 2014
Capital Av wrote:
<quoted text>I Loved chris Dudek
I don't know about love chris.her name should be share,plenty of guys shared her love!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New hartford is the new east utica 1 hr Stugots 128
attn 75 PERCENT OF THE WORLDS POOREST COUNTRIES... (Jul '16) 3 hr sad but true 190
apes BRUTALLY THRASHED ON URBAN DICTIONARY 3 hr sad but true 7
Gary Kingsley - Crackhead trouble at NANAs hou... (Nov '11) 3 hr Karma 27
WHY Utica is a rustbelt poverty hole of FAIL. 3 hr sad but true 47
Claudia to senior citizens: Thanks for the vote... 3 hr Gorsuch 16
New Hartford, NY. Utica's ghetto suburb. 3 hr so true 8
Two Utica cops beat up 15 year kid on Albany st... 4 hr Utica dd 24
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 6 hr Low Income Area 928
c h e a t 16 hr Yummy 21

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages