Frankfort Cop BUSTED with stolen poli...

Frankfort Cop BUSTED with stolen police toys!!!

Posted in the Utica Forum

typical

Utica, NY

#1 Feb 20, 2012
Of course they won't tell you what this public leech stole. I guess it's a "big secret" again.

Ever notice how quiet the police are when it comes to their own mental problems?

YORKVILLE —

A former Frankfort police officer charged with illegally seizing another officer’s phone records is now accused of possessing stolen items from the village police department, authorities said.

Former officer Daniel Hermann, 39, also was charged Friday with first-degree criminal contempt, a felony, after he showed up at his home in Yorkville allegedly in violation of an order that had just been issued out of Oneida County Family Court, Yorkville Officer Patrick Collea said.

Herrman was then charged with two misdemeanor counts of fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property for two police items he still had from his prior employment as a Frankfort village police officer.

“He did not have permission to have these items from the current administration of the Frankfort Police Department,” Collea said, without identifying the specific items.

Herrman currently is being held at the Oneida County jail on $25,000 bail.

Herrman was removed from the village police force in July 2010 after it was confirmed that Herrman no longer was certified to be a police officer.

Herrman’s departure occurred around the same time Steven Conley retired as police chief amid mounting allegations that portrayed Conley as a belligerent, out-of-control administrator. Among those allegations was a disputed report that Conley choked one of his officers, Samuel Ameduri III, during a heated argument in February 2010.

Herrman and Conley also left the police department just as evidence surfaced that Herrman had faxed emergency request forms to Verizon Wireless in order to seize Ameduri’s phone records dating back to the time Conley allegedly choked Ameduri.

Herrman has since been charged with forgery and official misconduct in connection to Ameduri’s phone records.

But just as Herrman was appearing in Herkimer County Court last Wednesday on those forgery charges, authorities were also trying to locate Herrman due to reported concerns for his welfare and state of mind, Collea said.

Herrman was later taken into custody for a mental evaluation. Upon his release Friday, Herrman was directed to meet police at the Yorkville Police Station but instead he went directly to his home while officers were there, Collea said.

That’s when Herrman was charged with violating a court order, although he had not threatened anyone at that time, Collea said.

The alleged stolen police items were discovered during an investigation by Yorkville police that began several weeks ago, Collea said. That investigation is still underway, but New York State Police are now involved as part of the investigation has moved out of Yorkville’s jurisdiction, Collea said.

In the meantime, Herrman’s attorney, Michael Daley, on Monday said that Herrman’s newest charges will be taken into consideration as his other case moves forward in Herkimer County.

“Any new allegations certainly will impact any negotiations on a possible disposition for the pending charges,” Daley said.
Zebby

Utica, NY

#2 Feb 20, 2012
Wow he prolly had a badge and some weapon. He knows no cop will believe he's still a cop but prolly used the badge and weapon to go about his daily business bothering people starting conflicts and abusing people. Essentially it was still just like being an upstate cop without the free salary for standing around talkin all day like most cops!
Discredit LEO why

Utica, NY

#4 Feb 21, 2012
Oh I get it! This is just another CLEARLY obvious attempt to discredit law enforcement isn't it?! They will hunt you down for this and fk your son!
Truth is

New York, NY

#5 Feb 21, 2012
Most likely it was a badge and gun that he possessed. Why else would his bail be set at $25K? This guy was fired by the UPD and then by Frankfort. I didn't think any dumbshit cop could ever get fired from Frankfort since they hire just about any shitbag that thinks they are a cop.
The Truth

Utica, NY

#6 Feb 21, 2012
I told him to stay away from conley for about 2hrs one day, but did he listen? No.
Funny 1955

Utica, NY

#7 Feb 21, 2012
"Now that I look at his picture,I'm thinking that he could get a job as a stuntman in an Adam Sandler movie."
get the facts

New York, NY

#8 Feb 21, 2012
1955 is a piece of shit who stalks people on topix.
gong

Utica, NY

#9 Feb 21, 2012
get the facts wrote:
1955 is a piece of shit who stalks people on topix.
And not even particularly creative or funny. I could riff on that guy for 10 wisecracks and they would all be waaaay better than that! Sheesh!!
Dapper Dan

Whitesboro, NY

#10 Sep 12, 2013
Unbelievable that this dipshit is still out in the community. I see him all the time at Whitesboro Soccer...fuckin' scumbag loser gets off more that Jenna Jameson on a Friday night. He's faced soooo many charges and yet nothing ever seems to stick. Holding an illegal weapon, threatening to kill his family, stolen TV's, wrecked OCS cruiser's, cheating on wife with co-worker, underage problems in Hamilton ....need I say more? WHY WHY WHY, is this guy still walking around a free man????
Dapper Dan

Whitesboro, NY

#11 Sep 12, 2013
Forgot to add ..impersonation of a police office BEFORE he was a police officer. Impersonated the real Dan Herman a NH cop.

And he was fired from OCS, not UPD ...for lying about bashing his cruiser into a person garage door.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Hartford Police Chief Michael S. Inserra - ... 1 min Tick tick tick tick 54
Work On Aud Improvements 2 min Welfare wendy 398
Samantha Colostomy Testa - SNOOKIE, only fatter. 4 min Bigly Fugly 5
Trump Coluded 20 min Caddy 3
2 New Utica hotels EMPTY EVERY NIGHT! 21 min Indeed 73
Claudia Tenney- swamp rat 33 min LibHater 31
Jill Reale learned a new word. 36 min Pete 1
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 1 hr Scotts Smirk Slapped 709
Need a good Divorce Lawyer in New Hartford? 2 hr Thanks 97
New Hartford Schools investigated by State of NY 3 hr NO Batman Costume 73