I agree with you. Eugene Romano is a great guy, and has done a ton of stuff for the community. Its his kids that I am disgusted with. In fact, he's probably disgusted with them too. What a couple of reprobates.
It doesn't matter how great a guy Eugene Romano he is. His daughter Linda is running down the New Hartford Library through her incompetence and indifference. The only reason the Town Board hasn't asked for her resignation is because she hides behind the Romano name.
Can anyone name one positive thing she has done for the New Hartford Library that would justify her continuing in office as Library Trustee President?
Linda Romano's accomplishments so far:
-Knowingly submitted a grossly overblown $1,000,000 budget to the people of of New Hartford that would have resulted in yet another tax increase. Result: rejected by voters of New Hartford. FAIL
- Threatened the people of New Hartford with draconian cuts to library hours and services if they dared to reject her million dollar budget. Result: FAIL
- Allowed then Library Director Hans Plembeck to submit a falsified required document to the NY State Government. Result: FAIL
- Allowed then Director to knowingly use the library's security cameras to spy on library patrons. Result: FAIL
- Encouraged discord among Library Trustees by encouraging them to turn on two of their own. Result: FAIL
- Actively encouraged resigning Library Trustees to publicly blame fellow Trustee Ed Wiatr for their resignations. Result FAIL
- Support Library Employee Roy Senn to use the NH Library name and image in his blog to criticize Donna Donovan, the Observer Dispatch, Library Trustee Ed Wiatr, NH Town Councilman Don Backman, Town Supervisor Pat Tyksinksi and numerous Town residents who were perceived not to support the NH Library enough
- Encouraged Library Employee Roy Senn to use his Library Tortoise blog to actively campaign against Town Supervisor Pat Tyksisnki's reelection campaign as well as Town Councilman Don Backman's election campaign. Result: FAIL
- Gave away $16,000 in taxpayer money as a retirement gift to former Director Hans Plembeck all the while admitting giving him the money was against NH Library Policy. Result FAIL
- After giving away $16,000 in taxpayer money to a former library employee Romano has the audacity to cry poverty that she doesn't have enough money to run her library. Result FAIL
- Voted for the Library to continue to post over 64 grotesque signs all over the library's magazine racks in order to guilt NH residents into supporting a massive library budget increase. Result: The Library's magazine racks look like trash and it has made the NH Library the laughing stock of the Mohawk Valley. FAIL
- Ineptly manages the Library budget. Result: Library under performs in providing quality service at a reasonable cost. Also, Linda's Library is outclassed by other local Libraries like Waterville that do much more with less money (Observatory, Solar arrays, full magazine racks). FAIL
So why is Linda Romano allowed to continue as Library Trustee President? What has she done right?