Utica Brewers baseball
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Michelle Wie

Utica, NY

#30 Jun 24, 2014
Screwball wrote:
So, I check the sports page of the O-D (as I do every morning) and under "SCOREBOARD" I see the schedule/results of KOK basketball, Legion and LL baseball, ping-pong, harness racing, boring freaking soccer, blah, blah, blah. Seldom, if ever, does the O-D have anything on Utica Brewers baseball. Why? The Utica Comets get more press in one day than the Brewers get all season.
I really enjoy the Ladies 9 and 18 hole golf league scores from around the area courses. If i am lucky, I get to read about a "chip-in."
Curveball

Buffalo, NY

#31 Jun 24, 2014
I think they would draw more fans to the games if they had some local talent ,or more local players .
need a friend

Evanston, IL

#32 Jun 24, 2014
4 General Admission Tickets, 4 Hot Dogs, 4 Sodas, and 4 Popcorns.....$25

its a nice thing to do with your family for very little money. People that have children will understand.
Support local Riggies

Rochester, NY

#34 Jun 24, 2014
maybe they need to have a Comet's Night - have the ownership, management and any players who are in the area for the summer come out to a Brewer's game and sign autographs.
I wonder if some of the vendors at the aud also work the Brewer's games
Barry

Utica, NY

#35 Jun 24, 2014
Comets Fan wrote:
They Brewers are a joke. They try to tell the media that they draw over 1,000 fans a game. I drive by there every night from work. There are no more than maybe a dozen or so there.
They flat out lie to everyone.
Why are they a joke? It's college freshman/sophomore baseball players getting extra summer work in. Perfect Game just partnered with Nike and puts a great product out in high school travel baseball tournaments and recruiting showcases around the country and unfortunately made the mistake of placing the league in a poor and uninterested area that is clueless on the type of league and influence the company has in baseball. Pathetic that the O.D. & local media doesn't do more to promote it.
Mountie

Canastota, NY

#36 Jun 25, 2014
Curveball wrote:
I think they would draw more fans to the games if they had some local talent ,or more local players .
Local talent??? You mean like all the local talent on the Comets? The Comets draw without anyone local. WTF! If it's local talent you want, go to Legion games.
Big Chuck

Utica, NY

#37 Jun 25, 2014
Mountie wrote:
<quoted text>
Local talent??? You mean like all the local talent on the Comets? The Comets draw without anyone local. WTF! If it's local talent you want, go to Legion games.
Agreed...not meant to be local talent. It's developmental college baseball for the whole country. Besides....there's always a local guy or two on the teams.
Crush

Utica, NY

#38 Aug 4, 2014
Another season complete for the Brewers & the PGCBL. Good luck to the players as they return to thier college programs this fall.
Javier

Utica, NY

#40 Aug 4, 2014
Not a great season but I'm sure developmentally is was fine for the players summer ball purposes.
2snd season

Hamilton, Canada

#41 Jun 28, 2015
fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never heard anyone say they draw over 1,000 fans a night! They are trying to create a better fan base because they don't have many coming to their games. Maybe 200 at the most!
I can't speak for all the games but I've been to a few last year, and can tell you for a fact, there were approximately 1200 people at one game, and more than 200 at the others. Yes, its true not all the games draw big crowds, but they won't get big turnouts when people driving by the stadium and don't coming in.
large marge

Westernville, NY

#42 Jun 28, 2015
murnane field is in a bad spot and out dated. knock it down, put up a stadium with proper stadium seating instead of benches up in north utica. get a double AA team in here and they will draw just like the comets do. i have no interest in sitting on bleachers for 2-3 hours watching the rag a muffin brewers..........
No nano for you

United States

#43 Jun 28, 2015
large marge wrote:
murnane field is in a bad spot and out dated. knock it down, put up a stadium with proper stadium seating instead of benches up in north utica. get a double AA team in here and they will draw just like the comets do. i have no interest in sitting on bleachers for 2-3 hours watching the rag a muffin brewers..........
You can't afford a new retard sports entertainment stadium of nothingness. Give it uip losers time to lay off the state grant grack thinking this retardshit is going to "save" utica. What a bunch of pathetic adult children stuck in thatshithole.
utica rules

Windham, NY

#47 Jul 1, 2015
Bait and switch wrote:
<quoted text>
What ever happened to all the MILLIONS in grant money to improve the Aud. all they have done is paint and cut a hole in the wall for 1 "suite". let me guess the grant money to improve the AUD and add seating is now going to taring down the Tartan Building and building new offices for Rob & Frank. How nice of them to spend our tax dollars on themselves.
They are putting the New facade on the auditorium. Right now. The tartan building is still privately. Owned, has nothing to do with the aud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OC ADA Mike Nolan.... 22 min Searched 3
UPD Tom Lindsey Remembrance day...... 22 min Bang bang 3
UPD Cop Michael Bailey DEAD & STINKIN' at 50! 23 min Supa fat 17
Study showsUtica is among WORST in US to live in! 24 min Keep voting liberals 7
Donald Trump is Amazing 26 min Trump won dont cry 5
Sexless Marriage 32 min EBT try a woman 32
Maurice Piersma is a very sick man. (Dec '16) 34 min Tina 16
Keeler calls Joe Marino (Utica Councilman) out ... 46 min Mushmouth Larry L... 144
Claudia Bad Mouthing 1 hr Liberal Toilet Town 49
Who is funding the Aud renovations? 2 hr Taxpayers are 85

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages