Thincubator Downtown Utica.

Posted in the Utica Forum

Good Idea

Rome, NY

#1 Dec 30, 2013
Good Idea

Rome, NY

#2 Dec 30, 2013
http://www.wktv.com/.../MVCC-launching-studen... ....

MVCC launching student business incubator in Utica
UTICA, N.Y.(WKTV)- Utica has been grappling with the problem of retaining college students after they graduate.
Truth

Utica, NY

#4 Dec 31, 2013
The "Thinkubator" should think about this.
The key to keeping college graduates here is to provide them with good jobs. You get good jobs when the business climate lends itself to business making a profit. With high taxes, over-the-top regulation and union domination in New York, it's just not a good place to do business.

Programs like the "Thinkubator" are in the end a waste because they are not realistic in their thinking.

If they are looking for topics the start here:
Businesses exist to make money. How can we facilitate that?

Otherwise, let's all sit an a drum circle, hold hands and sing Kumbaya. It'll have the same effect as the "Thinkubator".
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#5 Jan 3, 2014
Truth wrote:
The "Thinkubator" should think about this.
The key to keeping college graduates here is to provide them with good jobs. You get good jobs when the business climate lends itself to business making a profit. With high taxes, over-the-top regulation and union domination in New York, it's just not a good place to do business.
Programs like the "Thinkubator" are in the end a waste because they are not realistic in their thinking.
If they are looking for topics the start here:
Businesses exist to make money. How can we facilitate that?
Otherwise, let's all sit an a drum circle, hold hands and sing Kumbaya. It'll have the same effect as the "Thinkubator".
Well said.
thinkubator my ass

Utica, NY

#6 Jan 3, 2014
College students leave because their outsourced by shitty Bosnians whom companies hire because the government compensates for half their wages.......whose gonna stick around for 30k a year c'mon you worthless rats
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#7 Jan 4, 2014
thinkubator my ass wrote:
College students leave because their outsourced by shitty Bosnians whom companies hire because the government compensates for half their wages.......whose gonna stick around for 30k a year c'mon you worthless rats
I wonder how many students from Hamilton college, UC, SUNY, and mvcc that graduate and actually stay in the utica area? I would say it's an extremely low percentage.
tony

Utica, NY

#8 Jan 4, 2014
Less than 1%
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#9 Jan 4, 2014
tony wrote:
Less than 1%
Lol

I would really like to see the numbers. You're probably close though.
oldtimer

Rome, NY

#10 Jan 31, 2014
There was a guy in Rome, that briefed the then mayor of Rome on this idea, 4 years ago. It never flew, not because of the Mayor, but because there was no backing from local businesses. All the good Romas were looking for $$ that they could make. Now Utica has' one upped' Rome...(again?). In any event, I hope it goes. And for you folks that talk about creating 'jobs'..it's not jobs that we need, it's Opportunity. opportunity creates jobs, not the other way around.
Zamm

Utica, NY

#11 Jan 31, 2014
Joke this is.
Red Hook, NY

#12 Feb 1, 2014
Zamm wrote:
Joke this is.
I laughed when I saw where it is located...is that a strip club?
Sureis

Utica, NY

#13 Feb 1, 2014
They go into the hooker joint and think while they are getting off. The brain works better when stress is relieved. See, you people have to figure this stuff ouy.
Waiting

Utica, NY

#14 Mar 21, 2014
Sooooo. What's up with this? Genius idea. Nothing going on.
LaBella Roefero Club

Utica, NY

#15 Mar 21, 2014
We've started a new one at our James St sub station.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rome NY RULES Utica Sheeple 13 min Sheldon Silver 2
News New O'Scugnizzo's location to open in South Utica 19 min slapanut 3
Parkway tax payers mad at city and DPW. 43 min FYI 12
Danette sosso 1 hr Joan 6
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 1 hr Doug77 5,937
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 2 hr Nick 639
higby roadster 2 hr just do it 5
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE