OC Democrats Implode

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Democrat

Utica, NY

#1 Feb 13, 2014
The Democratic Committee walked right into the bear trap tonight. They did what even I didn't expect they'd be stupid enough to do. 16 complaints filed and they kicked Zecca and Vescera off the committee. They voted to keep Meola. A felon, adulterer and city chairman that didn't support his own party's candidate.

They will all have this blood on their fingers and will have to live with this vote.

Say goodbye to your elections.

Brindisi, Meola and Lomedico will all have primaries (well funded ones) this year. Next year, say goodbye to Palmieri, McKinsey, and Testa. Marino will survive only because he's safe in the 4th ward. His dreams of being assemblyman are just that, a DREAM. Enjoy your few terms on the council.

This corrupt cult will go down. Remember this post and bookmark it.
Full Camel EFFECT

United States

#2 Feb 13, 2014
Feces faced losers that's all.

"I'm in it fir the health care!"
Only in Utica

Utica, NY

#3 Feb 14, 2014
Only in Utica would those that break their own bylaws be protected by those who could remedy the situation.Great job,I have no faith in the City of Utica Democratic Party.
enough

Utica, NY

#4 Feb 14, 2014
The 2 of you need to join a different party. You have appeal in your area like the tea party does but not enough to win a larger election.
Zecca

Utica, NY

#5 Feb 14, 2014
Zecca's Statement on Oneida County Democratic Committee Vote

"Last night's vote by the Oneida County Democratic Committee came as no surprise to me. It only confirmed the length that this 'cult' will go to coverup the corruption, lack of morals and illegal behavior of many of the leadership within this small and isolated group. They do not represent the rank and file Democrats of Utica. As we have proven time and again in elections, they are out-of-touch with the people. In 2011, I ran for council at-large without their support and was rewarded in the primary by rank and file Democrats, going on to garner the most votes in the entire city in the Fall of 2011. In 2013, without their support, the rank and file Democrats rewarded my hard work with a victory in the primary for Comptroller. They likewise elected the non-establishment candidates in West Utica's county legislative race and the first ward's council race.

Meanwhile, they have thankfully now put it on record that they support the behavior of the members that clearly violated their so-called rules. Worse, they confirmed their support for a City Chairman, Frank Meola, that has a long history of nefarious activities and has brought public embarrassment to the party and city government. This clearly establishes a line between the old guard that has created the problems that face this city, and those of us that will continue to fight to restore our city to prominence.

I will continue to advocate for reformist leadership in Utica. I will put my personal, professional and political records up against any of these people. We have several major elections coming up this year and I will be active in making sure the people of Utica have real choices at the ballot box. In the meantime, I will ponder my own electoral future in the weeks ahead."
gabe dell

Tully, NY

#7 Feb 14, 2014
Are we talking the city dems or the county dems? Vescera, Zecca, & Meola are city dems, not county. But since you brought up Meola, one question. Has he given the O-D a new photo for them to publish? I'm sick of the one where his hair is a bird's nest and he just woke up from a 3-day drunk.
Shameful

Utica, NY

#8 Feb 14, 2014
How in the hell did they justify getting rid of Zecca?Something smells very funny here,
Human rights violations

United States

#10 Feb 14, 2014
One of these days it will all blow up in their faces and be exposed. They'll be lucky if they are NOT nailed in the International Criminal Court, Hague, Netherlands. The only problem about ICC they don't execute but they make sure victims are well compensated. Of the list McNamara, Arcuri and Picente must be prosecuted at the Hague as well as a few others that I won't name right now!
Truth Be Told

Utica, NY

#11 Feb 14, 2014
Did you know that Mr. Zecca, the law obiding, loyal Democrat, told the Republican screening committee that if they endorsed him for comptroller he would change his party offiliation to Republican? Mr. Zecca is only looking out for Mr. Zecca. Mr. Vescera until recently resided in Poland and not Utica. He even lied to OD reporters when he showed them his apartment in Utica. It was in one of Mr. Vescera's rentals. It hardly had any furniture. He fooled no one. Wasn't Mr. Viscera caught burning hazardess building material in his store's wood stove? That's right he was tearing down the second floor of one of his rental buildings. He also fails to pay his help for work he hire's them to do. As for Ms. Speciale, if she has time to be a legislator why doesn't she get a job? Oh I know why, she will have to give up her welfare check. Doesn't she get paid cash by her mom for working at her mom's diner? Need I say more?
Relax

Utica, NY

#12 Feb 14, 2014
Everyone relax. These guys are digging their own grave. Do you think Zecca, Vescera and Tanoury didn't expect and even welcome this? It's all about timing. They act on emotions and not strategy.

Half of that little committee has one foot in the grave and the other half are related to them. They still think it's 1950. No elected official with half a brain would want to be on the committee and definitely not want to be a chairman. It only makes enemies. Arcuri, Destito, McNamara, even Rufie, were not committee members. Rufie wouldn't allow his elected officials to do so. No matter what you do, you make enemies and elected officials don't need that.

These are amateurs. Whether you liked Rufie or not, he stayed in power for so long not because he trampled on everyone. He would take his worst enemy and wait until they were down and out. As soon as he saw that, he would help them. That made a lifelong ally out of a former enemy. These clowns like to kick everyone when their down. Well, they're running out of people to kick and the turnouts and cynicism in elections shows it. When the time is right, they will be swept out. Just be patient.
DODGE FAILURE BLOWPRINT

Natick, MA

#14 Feb 14, 2014
Well wrote:
I'm still partial to the "Gassin' up the locals" plan. It really works.
Thanks for keeping Franks COK in your mouth, kept him relaxed to win.
OHHH NOOOOO

Natick, MA

#16 Feb 14, 2014
You're going to post how Franks COK tasted all day.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OOOOOOOOOOOOO

Throw in some of your BLUE PRINTS AN PATENTS.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAHAAA
steve

Utica, NY

#18 Feb 15, 2014
Relax wrote:
Everyone relax. These guys are digging their own grave. Do you think Zecca, Vescera and Tanoury didn't expect and even welcome this? It's all about timing. They act on emotions and not strategy.
Half of that little committee has one foot in the grave and the other half are related to them. They still think it's 1950. No elected official with half a brain would want to be on the committee and definitely not want to be a chairman. It only makes enemies. Arcuri, Destito, McNamara, even Rufie, were not committee members. Rufie wouldn't allow his elected officials to do so. No matter what you do, you make enemies and elected officials don't need that.
These are amateurs. Whether you liked Rufie or not, he stayed in power for so long not because he trampled on everyone. He would take his worst enemy and wait until they were down and out. As soon as he saw that, he would help them. That made a lifelong ally out of a former enemy. These clowns like to kick everyone when their down. Well, they're running out of people to kick and the turnouts and cynicism in elections shows it. When the time is right, they will be swept out. Just be patient.
Your right about Rufie that he did hold power long because he did Help people who were down wether they were political friends or not. These clowns just want to Eat all of the pie for only themselves. They fight over petty things . and act like big shots with their small ideas. What did any one of the councilmen ever get anything done for their districts. Where is any LEADERSHIP.. Christ .... a monkey could run things as they do. They are spiteful as hell. They are unforgiven. That's a recipe for disaster.
Really

Utica, NY

#20 Feb 15, 2014
Can I help explain this?

There is no real organization anymore in Utica. Party labels mean nothing. The old political machines and party structures have been deteriorating across the country for years. The committees are nothing more than a social club now. They don't raise any money and they don't really help candidates. It's an ego thing. What power do they have other than a title? None. They don't get paid and they barely have any money in their accounts.

In Utica, it's a very small town. Everyone is related and knows everyone else. You have factions that form just out of necessity just to accomplish their short term agendas. The general public has no idea of the inner fights. That's what made this interesting. Zecca and Vescera decided to take a stab at exposing the silliness of the whole thing. Now we're seeing people that once hated each other, or have totally different morals, all coming together to try taking down Zecca and Vescera. Don't throw Larry Joseph's name in there. He likes to talk but he has no influence or real friendship with them. He just likes to try being relevant and will latch to anyone that gives him attention.

The only function the committee has is to intimidate any naive politician that still thinks they need them to win an office. Do you think it's a coincidence that Griffo, Picente, Hanna and other Republicans go unopposed while Brindisi, McNamara and many Democrats go unopposed? No. They do what they can to make sure no one runs. It's a racket actually. But that wasn't the case when someone like Hanna came along and beat Arcuri on his own. And there will be others like him on both sides that will start stepping up and bypassing the old, stale and antiquated structure that they're fighting so hard to protect.
AnQuan Ahmed

Utica, NY

#25 Feb 15, 2014
Perhaps Ms. Clinton will make it all better when elected President. GOD HELP US.
La la la larr

Wentzville, MO

#27 Feb 15, 2014
Masser obama is the best, he steals all that money so my family can sit home and turn into fat rash slobs.

My fat slob mom can walk the street anymore so all that stolen money is great. Good thing I don't have a real job like a fireman or cop, I'm too scared to do anything but wash that fat slob mother I have and eat obama food. Now back to stalking franks DK. Later I will post blue prints an patents cuz I am a fake Civil Engineer.

Cretin
beatrice

Utica, NY

#29 Feb 16, 2014
Really wrote:
Can I help explain this?
There is no real organization anymore in Utica. Party labels mean nothing. The old political machines and party structures have been deteriorating across the country for years. The committees are nothing more than a social club now. They don't raise any money and they don't really help candidates. It's an ego thing. What power do they have other than a title? None. They don't get paid and they barely have any money in their accounts.
In Utica, it's a very small town. Everyone is related and knows everyone else. You have factions that form just out of necessity just to accomplish their short term agendas. The general public has no idea of the inner fights. That's what made this interesting. Zecca and Vescera decided to take a stab at exposing the silliness of the whole thing. Now we're seeing people that once hated each other, or have totally different morals, all coming together to try taking down Zecca and Vescera. Don't throw Larry Joseph's name in there. He likes to talk but he has no influence or real friendship with them. He just likes to try being relevant and will latch to anyone that gives him attention.
The only function the committee has is to intimidate any naive politician that still thinks they need them to win an office. Do you think it's a coincidence that Griffo, Picente, Hanna and other Republicans go unopposed while Brindisi, McNamara and many Democrats go unopposed? No. They do what they can to make sure no one runs. It's a racket actually. But that wasn't the case when someone like Hanna came along and beat Arcuri on his own. And there will be others like him on both sides that will start stepping up and bypassing the old, stale and antiquated structure that they're fighting so hard to protect.
I must add that is why many successful people wont run for anything and put their good life up for shots by nobodys on Topix and others. This leaves all the imbeciles who run for things and TAKE, Take Take for themselves.When the area has nothing to offer to a successful person who would want to run for anything. This area has been bled dry by loosers who now control things and family and friends who run everything wont let anything move without their approval. Only when someone who can finance his own and be independent comes along ,but that is rare .You see the RATS fighting for the last piece of cheese. It was due to happen at some point.
beatrice

Utica, NY

#30 Feb 16, 2014
La la la larr wrote:
Masser obama is the best, he steals all that money so my family can sit home and turn into fat rash slobs.
My fat slob mom can walk the street anymore so all that stolen money is great. Good thing I don't have a real job like a fireman or cop, I'm too scared to do anything but wash that fat slob mother I have and eat obama food. Now back to stalking franks DK. Later I will post blue prints an patents cuz I am a fake Civil Engineer.
Cretin
oh shut up !! can you carry on with a good conversation.?
Utica

Utica, NY

#36 Feb 16, 2014
While I didn't support Morehouse, the sad part is that he has a real opportunity here and doesn't seem willing to take it. Despite the heated campaign, he and Zecca were not as far apart as many think. This became a war between Meola and the old gang against Zecca. Meola just used Morehouse as a pawn because Morehouse had his own money.

Trust me, it wasn't Meola, Palmieri or and of that crap that won the race for Morehouse. It was a small part. Morehouse won the race because he spent his own money and a lot of it. He doesn't need them and other than making sure he toes the line, they can't stand him.

He has a chance now to really step up and expose all of them. He could write his own ticket to Senate or Congress. Unfortunately, he seems content on playing this game with them. In the end, they will take him down when he tries to make a move. Step up, Bill!!!!
buck buckle

Utica, NY

#39 Feb 16, 2014
Relax wrote:
amen for rufie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help!...where can I sell loose gemstones? (Nov '12) 32 min Nathalie 64
Time Warner 1 hr JazzyJazz 21
The Obamas Have Spent Over $44 million In Taxpa... 1 hr MostOfURzombies 4
Missing U Even More 2 hr u know who 10
Jill WKTV 2 hr Witter 50
pizza Hut north Genesee street 3 hr blah blah former ... 4
Anyone know how to contact Hal stanton?? 3 hr Searching 6
ND Warmack suspended for grades but....... 4 hr local 23
Serious car accident in Utica 12 hr wow 21
East Utica in the 70's and 80's/ what do you re... (Jan '10) 20 hr Little Johnny 380
utica national (Jun '13) Fri Eieama Lyon 656
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:20 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:20PM
NY Giants Twitter Mailbag
NBC Sports 6:23 AM
Jason Pierre-Paul: "I think I am worth a lot of money" in free agency
CBS Sports 8:20 AM
Report: Rex Ryan cleans out his office, expects to be fired by Jets
ESPN 8:56 AM
Sources: Ryan expects to be fired by Jets
NFL 9:05 AM
Jason Pierre-Paul: 'I think I'm worth a lot of money'
Bleacher Report 9:24 AM
Report: Jets HC Ryan 'Bracing for His Ouster'
Yahoo! Sports 3:39 PM
Bills' Dareus, Gilmore to miss finale
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?
NBC Sports 6:17 PM
Polian could return to Buffalo and still get to Canton in 2015
Bleacher Report 8:23 PM
RB Darkwa the Latest Giants Rookie to Shine